General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Is he trolling again, or is this def a GIFT programme? I think it is because he has put it on Twitter and all seems very lead-up-to-GIFTish!!

Id love to see it live, never have as only became fan in 2016. (we were all convinced he would do Tenchi at Prologue)

FTT is the pic he used for GIFT and this might be like Change + Dreamy Aspiration before Prologue, that he then performed live or in video as part of his show...

Have you paid attention to the quote he chose to put in the description?:crybaby:

And I still can't wrap my head around that truly being a 4S, my brain is persuaded it "has" to be a triple because so airy and light and looked like he opened so early before landing, I...:jaw:

And do I spy an improved layback and new spin position? Now I want to rewatch past FTT to compare...certainly the layback with straight free leg looks so beautiful:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

Only thing I'd ask YT producer Yuzu: plz also get someone to film you at boards level, I also want the kind of camerangle we got for 24hTV Rondo:snonegai:

48 minutes ago, Pammi said:

What do the clocks mean, am I just being dumb? 117?

January 17th is Hanshin earthquake anniversary, I read The Final Time Traveler was written to commemorate it, but I can't find a source for this

ETA: iirc Yuzu did choose FTT for the special ice show held in Kobe in January 2016 to commemorate the earthquake (iirc one of the two shows he did that month, later he talked about getting painkiller injection because of his lisfranc injury)

ETA2: nevermind!!! Apparently he skated FTT for New Year on Ice in Osaka, I always get that show mixed up with the NHK special commemoration show earlier that month (where he skated HwS and Requiem), because the Osaka show was held on Jan.16-17th😅

27 minutes ago, EisElle said:

January 17th is Hanshin earthquake anniversary, I read The Final Time Traveler was written to commemorate it, but I can't find a source for this

ETA: iirc Yuzu did choose FTT for the special ice show held in Kobe in January 2016 to commemorate the earthquake (iirc one of the two shows he did that month, later he talked about getting painkiller injection because of his lisfranc injury)

yes. it was New Year on Ice. also, he posted this at 5.46 pm JST yesterday. The time when the earthquake occured. 

48 minutes ago, EisElle said:

ETA2: nevermind!!! Apparently he skated FTT for New Year on Ice in Osaka, I always get that show mixed up with the NHK special commemoration show earlier that month (where he skated HwS and Requiem), because the Osaka show was held on Jan.16-17th😅

Thank you I knew it would be something significant.

Yuzu quoting "what if this world should become a lie" made me cry :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw: His world DID become a lie, but he refused to collude with the lie and stuck to his beliefs and ideals, worked hard, strived for excellence, supported and encouraged others including people who struggle after trauma, and again the words of the President of the FCCJ resonate "you show us a truth".

1 hour ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Thank you!

I found this qrt with English translation 

So the author of the game is the one who drew the themes of memory and forgetting from his experience and feelings about Hanshin earthquake. Significant that Yuzu himself choose to remind us of that link by setting those clocks. This kind of care and purpose in what he does isn't new but hits so strong every single time:YuzuPoohSad:

1 hour ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Satellites in the Blue Zone, please help if you also have a Twitter account! :cheer:

Hope that Europe rose to the challenge during our 'power hour' of petitioning Disney Plus. Well done everybody, it's a great way of bringing more notice to Yuzu and his Ice Shows now and for the future.:ganba: