General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, liv said:

Lol. I was right!. I always thought the original Pooh was in Toronto and he was. With how swiftly they got back to Japan, and not knowing how long the pandemic would last   ( remember when they said they'd have to close the border for 2 weeks? Lol. Little did they know)  theyve probably left a lot of stuff in Toronto. If you live somewhere for 8 years, you accumulate stuff, and so Pooh was left. At least Pooh is in his native Canada, and not some foreign place... 2nd best, other than being with his partner!

This might mean that Canada could be one of the first tour dates if Yuzu  produces a show outside of Japan. Please save me place in the ticket queue

I was pondering this earlier. Then if Finland is next stop, Yuzu and Pooh san will be able to visit the Nature and the forest see the other Poohs who have returned to the forest and then on to Moomin Valley. What a happy thought 

2 hours ago, Terra_degli_angeli said:

help me understand this. It is actually the first time Yuzuru openly criticises the ISU and the judging system? Is there more english translation of these statements from the interviews? 
Of course we all understood what was going on and how the score was not more reflecting the performance. But to be honest, i sincerely hoped that Yuzuru would quit amateur sports on good terms with ISU, having no resentment towards them. He is one of the most decorated figure skaters of all times and he may find strength to be above it. Thats what i hoped for him. 

Hi! I am compiling the interviews that have been translated (video sub or written translation) in one thread on Twitter.

Many fans were asking for a new coordinated action to support Yuzu so, with @Sun_Rise other fans, we just launched #Challenge4Yuzu on Twitter.

There is also a Spanish translation of the instructions. I am sharing here both post:

Version en Español:

14 hours ago, EisElle said:

welcome to you too!

Hide contents

it's not about simple levelling off, you would have never seen Yuzuru feeling slighted for getting same SS as Patrick Chan, or for a well landed lutz of his getting comparable goe with MishaK's or Boyang's, or Jason's spins being scored as well as his.

It's about knowing what he does, the level of difficulty, seeing what others do, and then looking at the scores and seeing that things just do not add up.

One who knows the sport can tell when there's a difference in skill because, while taste and bias are a thing, some things are still objective. Yuzuru has always been a student of the sport, able to grasp at other strenght's and analyze them and himself with a clear head. He was never a Patrick (sorry Pchiddy!), oblivious of what happened around him. He was always up to date to what everyone else did. Always searched answers on how to improve in scoresheets. And things like WC21 SP told him squarely "what you do is pointless, you can try to fullfill the rules however much you want, and succed, but I'm not judging what I see anyway"

Add his fed representatives talking about replacing him, everyone suddenly sayng "but after all he's not that special. After all, his 3A/4S/SS/whatever isn't that good...Jason/Yuma should get higher SS! (but god forbid if one dare point out the actual insanity was NC getting mor ethan all of them...these weren't even nobodies on twitter, but former skaters)

And in at least an instance journos have even framed people's puzzled :confused: reaction when his (too low) scores came up as them being disappointed in him (NHK19, I think it was the FS)  :banginghead:

Plus, the kind of skating promoted as ideal had become very different from his -- and from what was expected in theory --. And every rule change in the past years stripped it more and more of what it had always represented for him. So it may have felt that they were saying his very vision of FS was outdated, and not needed anymore

Well said!

7 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

"Mr. Sunday" today.

Apologies if this is a bit off topic with the recent announcement.
Not sure if my eyes are wrong...but at around 0:19-0:25, could that be a phone? Unless it's an iPod that can connect to wireless earphones? :english1:

Guest Mary_kyo

I had a busy weekend and I have so much to catch up but reading the new translations, I’m glad he is finally out of this abusive system. People in the salt mines thread know that I analyzed the American Olympics champion’s spin using AI and based on AI, the spin should be invalidated. Even not touching anything else, it was undeserved score, undeserved WR. As an audience (and expert in AI), I do believe that an honest human can easily see what AI can extract. Counting jumps rotations is actually easier for unbiased humans than AI and it doesn’t take much to see how technical panel can close eyes on lack of rotations of certain World champions as well. In the past quad, as an audience, I suffered a lot. It didn’t need any mental gymnastics to see how Yuzu was undervalued and others were grossly awarded for something they didn’t do on the ice. He was shown the ”exit door” very bluntly and it was also damn easy to notice how Yuzu was very affected by the underappreciation as well. I’m glad that he is finally subtly speaking and graduating from a system that caused him a lot of emotional suffering.

Personally, I will very eagerly follow Yuzu’s future, even with more interest than before. His way of confronting challenges teaches me valuable life lessons. Now, my take home message from the past days is “The only way to win with a manipulator is not to play. Leave their playground”. He suffered a lot for 4 years to finally realize he is way above their game. It was costly but he is finally free from playing their dirty game.

@Mary_kyo

Your expertise in AI is tremendously appreciated. 

When you feel ready to share the analytical work that you have been doing, I would be very interested to see and understand how the AI could be used to judge the intricacies of fast rotations and angles of take off / landing etc

Many thanks

So Fuji TV did have more stuff from Kobe... WELP More Black Raison footage and everything, these people ...

I hope this doesn't come across too negative or critical, but I'm a little surprised by some remarks. 

After Beijing's ladies events I really thought the depth of the consequences of ISU's lack of accountability was in full display for all to see. I think most older times were very aware of how terrible 2019 comps' judging was, and its clear influence on Yuzu, so these past few years have been a mounting / building of frustration. But Ice Dance, Pairs and Women's have a terrible history of their own, especially the latter. 

Not everything has been bad tho! 4CC 2020, JNats last couple of years (debuting Rondo :heart:)... I'm just happy we had that. But is very claustrophobic for an athlete of Yuzu's caliber to be contained like this and be shown the door consistently for years. 

Anyway, of course, fans can process things at their own pace, just surprised by the surprise lol 

Excited to see more stuff like Raison from Yuzu from now on, more wildness, more experimentation, less constraint of fs competitions - praying he re-incorporates spirals to his choreos hehe

Meanwhile, I will be here cursing Fuji TV out. 

I haven't seen this posted on the planet, apologies if it has been. 

In the comments some question Shizuka's silence, but I accept as a JSF official she is not in the easiest position - the comments also remind twitter users that she defended Yuzu when she was recently asked if Yuzu "retired because of younger players coming through" - she said Yuzu doesn't focus on such things iirc.

Also I notice Yuzuru himself doesn't agree (or disagree!) directly with what Shuzo, Nobu and Takahashi are saying.

I always thought at worst this jump was a q and that the tech panel should have given that as skaters should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Posting just this from the interview today, because yep 

Not to be too sappy, but I’m definitely in this for life LLOLL 

Can’t wait to see more of these dreams realized, dear miracle boy

18 hours ago, YuDai said:

It's so painful  :shout:to feel like he was the abused puppet of the ISU...

Reveal hidden content

This post was tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

In addition it is not "the impression" it is the reality compared to what he says and moreover, he has a body language (I observed his hands well) and that is really a sign 

17 hours ago, meowmeownyan said:

From what I have read and watched so far in the translated interviews (in English and Chinese). It is extremely unlikely that he will return to competition.

Please support him for the next step in his career. It's a happy moment and really, I like that he puts himself first. congratulations, yuzu, on turning pro.

Especially not  :( NO now that he got out of this "anthill" (I read that he couldn't eat anymore and that's a sign, unfortunately  :S ) and he has my full support (that's all I can do) for his pro project  :shrimp: GANBATTE YUZU