General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Wyell said:

Hi everyone!

I uploaded a new video. I think that the message in this performance is especially relevant today, so I would appreciate it if you can leave a comment with words of encouragement for Yuzu in the video! :heart:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Thank you Wyell ❣️ I left short comment but I want to say it here as well: In this great wide world there is nothing so beautiful as Yuzuru's skating ❤️.

I honestly think so. Today's presscon lift my spirit up high, even though he did not say exactly what he is going to do in the future, I got the wibe he is mayby, possibly, perhaps continue his career as a competitive skater, so we will have honor and priviledge to see his skating more often than just ice shows...JABBADAPPADUU :loveshower:

17 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

@Mary_kyo Thank you! I've already watched it. You can delete it now.

I'm afraid Yuma might turn into a new Nate with crappy programs, even crappier costumes, and overscored to the moon. :dry:

I think he is already there. He shouldn't have gotten silver over Shoma. His program compared to Shoma's even leaned safer. Never mind entry, and jump differences.

3 hours ago, Yuzuismyoneandonly said:

Sorry I think I missed this-is their relationship not good? D:

I only remember Yuzu patting the hair of the long hair one in 2018 (I’m really bad I never bothered to learn about the other skaters)

I thought that's just their personality? Well, I don't know Yuma that well but Shouma at least doesn't seem very affectionate to me

Edit: after watching the clip, I see what you guys mean

Guest Mary_kyo

After watching Shoma and Yuma's lack of sympathy for Yuzu, I suddenly remembered how Yuzu consoled Boyang in 2018 after it was confirmed that Boyang will be in 4th place. Might look little but actually drastic differences in characters. 

28 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

After watching Shoma and Yuma's lack of sympathy for Yuzu, I suddenly remembered how Yuzu consoled Boyang in 2018 after it was confirmed that Boyang will be in 4th place. Might look little but actually drastic differences in characters. 

Even if I wanted to play Devil's advocate-and I dont-an attempt could have been made. Even just a glance. Yuzuru isnt shy about rejecting unwanted attention if he really doesnt want it. Yuzuru really did seem so inwardly focused and how could he not be? So it was a bit tone deaf of Shoma and Yuma...ok it was a lot tone deaf. I was uncomfortable watching it, like i get you want to be lost in excitement, but there is a literal storm cloud next to you, dial it back...but no...blatant disregard. Not shocked by Yuma at all.

In terms of Yuma & Shoma seemingly lack of sympathy, I take it as they are just not as expressive as Yuzu. Yuma being still shy & in awe of Yuzu(Juniors dare not approach Yuzu unless being approached 1st) & Shoma being blur.

Shoma in post Olympic interviews (this year 2022) have defended/spoken up abt Yuzu. Whenever answering questions, where possible, Shoma will keep bringing up -> Yuzu-kun carried the Japanese men category for so many years. That he, Shoma, could not have borne the spotlight & pressure, etc. This was Shoma's statement during post FS interview with 3 medalists.

All these many years Shoma has always tried to emulate Yuzu. Everything Yuzu-kun this, Yuzu-kun that. To the extend I felt he was trying to become 2nd Yuzu & lose his own style & identity. As Shoma has gotten more matured, he has gotten more independent, more so after having to go aborad & train under Lambiel.

Note : I followed Shoma's career ever since he turned senior in 2015.  He's Yuzu's side kick, so to speak, can't miss him out at competitions.

15 hours ago, airi said:

The ankle is injured, even walking hurts without painkillers, he should rest for 10 days, but he still went to skate today and probably will in the next days "because he wanted to". Quick summary :meditationf:

:smiley_hairpull: this man, I swear! Look after your ankle please Yuzu! ❤

6 minutes ago, Purple said:

In terms of Yuma & Shoma seemingly lack of sympathy, I take it as they are just not as expressive as Yuzu. Yuma being still shy & in awe of Yuzu(Juniors dare not approach Yuzu unless being approached 1st) & Shoma being blur.

Shoma in post Olympic interviews have defended/spoken up abt Yuzu. Whenever answering questions, where possible, Shoma will keep bringing up -> Yuzu-kun carried the Japanese men category for so many years. That he, Shoma, could not have borne the spotlight & pressure, etc. This was Shoma's statement during post FS interview with 3 medalists.

All these many years Shoma has always tried to emulate Yuzu. Everything Yuzu-kun this, Yuzu-kun that. To the extend I felt he was trying to become 2nd Yuzu & lose his own style & identity. As Shoma has gotten more matured, he has gotten more independent, more so after having to go aborad & train under Lambiel.

Note : I followed Shoma's career ever since he turned senior in 2015.  He's Yuzu's side kick, so to speak, can't miss him out at competitions.

Valid points...and certainly, I do like Shoma, but it was such an odd contrast...still take issue with Yuma, ngl.