General Yuzuru Chat

It’s normal for Yuzuru to feel sad after all this (should I say “hell”?). The current situation is difficult for him to cope with. Is he recovering well mentally and physically? How terrible are those injuries? What’s his attitude towards 4A and competitions now? (If he continues attempting 4A after this Olys, I don’t know if he will be underscored more severely.) Plans for the near future? Retirement when? I guess questions as such are to be asked at the press conference tomorrow, in a ruthless way. Decisions are hard to make and I feel so sorry and powerless that I can’t help him. I hope they can leave him alone. I trust him and support him no matter what the future holds. 

I know there’s no “if—“ in sports but I do hate that ice hole in SP, without which Yuzu might have made it to the podium. I’m not saying medals are important; I only worship the spirit and 100% endorse every decision Yuzu made. It’s just that without that incident, things would be a little bit easier for Yuzu when he returns to Japan. 

Oh, Quad Axel, what are we going to do with you!!! 

1 hour ago, kay said:

this forum is single-handedly keeping my sanity intact.

folks, thank you all.

lol, i'm upgraded from mushroom to tissue box :grin_clapping:

Congrats! Yes, this forum is a blessing that's why I decided to com out of lurker status

58 minutes ago, jier said:

He is invited in the Gala, the Gala list is published already.  People asked JOC if Yuzu will accep the offer and join the gala, JOC is not sure/ nothing to tell. 

Shheesshh because we aren't that fragile! We don't care if he doesn't go, but at least we ask for some respect of course he is invited (I mean who's watching the gala without him?). Do I need to wait for another melt down on TW? 

50 minutes ago, Tee said:

lol aren’t these usually made for competitions? :space: 

Ahahah and tomorrow Yuzu will be trending again on social media...

19 minutes ago, TokyoDream said:

Hi everyone, new here - this is a lovely website and it's so good to meet so many people who care for Yuzuru. 

I hesitated posting this because it's a bit off-topic, but I thought you guys more than anyone around me would understand.  I've been SO sad since the FS the other day that it's had a toll on my mental health, a much bigger toll than I would ever had imagined, and the ridiculous part of it is that I've only followed Yuzuru for a few weeks (I do tend to be very sensitive, to sum me up quickly). I used to be a die hard Yuna fan but then kind of stopped watching figure skating for a bit and came back to it for these Olympics, which means I didn't even seen Yuzu win in 2014 and 2018, although obviously I've since then seen countless videos.

I've never felt so "caring" and concerned about any skater before. It's not about the fact he placed 4th, or didn't quite land the 4A, he's a beautiful person and a skater out of this world, and nothing he does or doesn't do will ever change that, which is why you are all here rooting for him obviously!
I could handle anything happen the other day but seeing him sad and disappointed in himself just ruined me. I've literally been sad or crying, not eating much or sleeping well since the FS took place. I've been on this forum and various websites/Instagram, refreshing pages obsessively trying to see if there were any Hanyu news. Obviously it's all a bit ridiculous to be that affected about something like this in the grand scheme of things, but it's not exactly something I can just shrug off. All I want, like all of you, is for him to be healthy, happy with himself, retire when he feels like it and not because he's being pressured into it, and overall be satisfied about his career. 
I guess one thing that makes it so much harder for us is that he doesn't have social media so we can't "check" on him, even though social media can be fake and he doesn't like to show sadness, being the humble, reserved person he is. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand why he doesn't have social media and I respect his decision!

I'm sorry for this long post, which is just me saying how upset I am, when you guys don't even know me. I guess I needed to talk to people who know what it feels like.

Welcome! I know that saying "I'm happy" here isn't the best thing but I'm happy I'm not alone! I had the same feelings after the SP, I was better after the FP, but I'm happy I'm not the only one who thinks that is going to loose her mind because I'm sad over a person that I don't know.

39 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

It was however not during the intermission for ice dance. It was during the intermission in the hockey match Canada vs Sweden.

Wow, he's conquering Hokey, too?

39 minutes ago, Neenah said:

It is still a figure of speech, not a diagnoses. Of course Yuzu is not happy with how things turned out but depression is a totally different thing and I wish people would not use that word so casually.

Thanks! You are right, we, too, shouldn't use this word when we are sad and down.

BTW, I think this forum is an addiction, I'm checking for updates every hour! As much as I love staying here, I need to go back to my life... I mean I usually read a lot but it's been 5 days since I touched a book!!! So from now on I will check only at night... this is my next challenge.

22 minutes ago, TokyoDream said:

Hi everyone, new here - this is a lovely website and it's so good to meet so many people who care for Yuzuru. 

I hesitated posting this because it's a bit off-topic, but I thought you guys more than anyone around me would understand.  I've been SO sad since the FS the other day that it's had a toll on my mental health, a much bigger toll than I would ever had imagined, and the ridiculous part of it is that I've only followed Yuzuru for a few weeks (I do tend to be very sensitive, to sum me up quickly). I used to be a die hard Yuna fan but then kind of stopped watching figure skating for a bit and came back to it for these Olympics, which means I didn't even seen Yuzu win in 2014 and 2018, although obviously I've since then seen countless videos.

I've never felt so "caring" and concerned about any skater before. It's not about the fact he placed 4th, or didn't quite land the 4A, he's a beautiful person and a skater out of this world, and nothing he does or doesn't do will ever change that, which is why you are all here rooting for him obviously!
I could handle anything happen the other day but seeing him sad and disappointed im himself just ruined me. I've literally been sad or crying, not eating much or sleeping well since the FS took place. I've been on this forum and various websites/Instagram, refreshing pages obsessively trying to see if there were any Hanyu news. Obviously it's all a bit ridiculous to be that affected about something like this in the grand scheme of things, but it's not exactly something I can just shrug off. All I want, like all of you, is for him to be healthy, happy with himself, retire when he feels like it and not because he's being pressured into it, and overall be satisfied about his career. 
I guess one thing that makes it so much harder for us is that he doesn't have social media so we can't "check" on him, even though social media can be fake and he doesn't like to show sadness, being the humble, reserved person he is. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand why he doesn't have social media and I respect his decision!

I'm sorry for this long post, which is just me saying how upset I am, when you guys don't even know me. I guess I needed to talk to people who know what it feels like.

Welcome to the Planet. :10742289: We're all here for Yuzu and for each other, so don't worry about sharing your feelings. I think many of us feel the same as you. I've been on the verge tears, could not focus on my work or sleep well since the SP. This might be the toughest time for us and Yuzu. Please take care of yourself and take comfort in the fact that Yuzu has won everthing and that he is adored by so many people around the world. The support pouring in for him these last few days have been incredibly heart-warming.

12 minutes ago, TokyoDream said:

I could handle anything happen the other day but seeing him sad and disappointed in himself just ruined me. I've literally been sad or crying, not eating much or sleeping well since the FS took place. I've been on this forum and various websites/Instagram, refreshing pages obsessively trying to see if there were any Hanyu news. Obviously it's all a bit ridiculous to be that affected about something like this in the grand scheme of things, but it's not exactly something I can just shrug off. All I want, like all of you, is for him to be healthy, happy with himself, retire when he feels like it and not because he's being pressured into it, and overall be satisfied about his career. 

Hey lovely, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and experiences. I also cried after Yuzu’s free skating and couldn’t sleep that night, rewatching videos and checking twitter for comfort and peace. I’m also a sensitive and introspective person in real life, kinda shy. I think there’s nothing for us to feel ashamed of. From your words I can truly feel you’re someone of strong empathy and a soft tender heart, which is precious, and we could see that on Yuzuru as well. What I would suggest is that you focus on real life struggles that you’re facing (if any) and be cautious about the media and social network websites, most of which only aggravate your anxiety. Have enough sleep and go outdoors. I hope you could feel easier afterwards. 

I know these days are tough for fans but if it affects you too much then why not take a rest~ Yuzu has our trust and he’ll do what he wants. Let’s pray he get well soon🙏

39 minutes ago, jier said:

I was crying when I read Nobu's message. I think I can only recover from it if Yuzuru moves on and finds meaning in this misfortune when he looks back. 

I think he will find meaning to everything what happend in Beijing but it takes time. I see a vision in my mind;  after a while he looks back at these Olympics and realizes that the hole on the ice during his SP and all the misfortune after that led him to notice how strong his spirit is. Sometimes you have to lose in order to gain a lot.

He may not see it right now but to my mind he won, not medals this time but an experience, painful one yes, but when he rises from this he owns the knowledge he can deal with anything. He is smart he will figure this out.

I wish he is able to recover and do the neccessary mourning work in peace among his closest and dearest. I also wish he could find some comfort from all the love, support and respect comig from people all over the world. Although I can imagine him not being very interested in what is written about him in social media at the moment but hopefully somebody close to him will tell him about the enormous amount of support he has got during these few days. He is in our hearts and not going away any time soon.

I think he knows about Planet Hanyu and may even sometimes come lurking...Hello Yuzu ;).

2 minutes ago, CiONTUw4A said:

Wow I didn’t know Boubou is a fan of Yuzu! I got to know him through Street Dance of China. I really want to know how he views Yuzu’s skating from a dancer’s point of view, I mean like transitions and interpretation of music…

Yuzu, perhaps you are also using instagram (you must be🤩) and I hope you can see how many people love, appreciate, and support you!

49 minutes ago, TokyoDream said:

As you can see, you're not alone. Today is the first day that I have sleeped well. I've been sad and mad for last 5-6 days. Not having anyone to talk about it with makes it worse, but here we're are, in this forum you will find very kind people, who will understands you. And also a non-toxic enviroment that will help you (it helped me) to calm down with words full of sense and loving for Yuzu and his fans.

So, don't feel ashamed, you are a sensitive person and that's great, you can see/feel things that others can even imagine :) 

Google translation: 

There are many people who have an image of "smart behavior, strong and unbaunted" from a beautiful appearance if you do not usually watch competitions, so there was a comparatively "Hanyu Yuzuru-ne" reaction, but when I saw Hanyu-san at the Beijing Olympics, there may be many people who have noticed the essence of him who has actually come this far with a clumsy muddy struggle.

As a new fan (2021-), I feel truly blessed to know him better through Beijing Olympics. 

Guest Mary_kyo

Tbh although Beijing was a nightmare, I believe the mind-blowing courage he showed there will be admired for years. Beijing wasn’t the naïve story of losing medals due to mistakes, it was the story of courage to sacrifice everything and even fight fate for a dream that might not come true. It was such a heroic story, sad but goosebumps all over. Those awful falls on each of his 4A attempts in 6 minutes warmup, still make me shiver. He was badly injured, all alone, judges against him, fate betrayed him in SP, ranked 8th place but he still didn't give up on going after his dream. His determined character shined brightly, like a diamond. What a character. 

At least I’m happy that he lost to fate and not to ISU or their fake champions.

Yuzuru Hanyu will meet in Beijing on the 14th and will appear in an exhibition on the 20th.

[February 13, 2022 21:00

from Sponichi

EDIT - that's the headline translated by Google

Further into the article it says Yuzuru is scheduled to appear, so let's wait for tomorrow, hopefully he will confirm this,

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
On 2/13/2022 at 12:52 PM, TokyoDream said:

Hi and welcome! I can absolutely relate to your post. I knew before that his 4A plan was risky and I was prepared to see him loose. I think both his performances were impressive. They weren't the performances he wanted to give, he had a lot of bad luck, he made early mistakes in both of them - but the way he didn't let it get him down but fought back with all his heart and soul has touched me deeply. But then seeing him shattered and with teary eyes in the mixed zone - no, that's too much!

I am a relatively new fan too, as I only started following him after JNats 2020. One of the things I have learned about him in this past year is that Yuzuru is a person with deep emotions. Whatever he feels, he feels it strongly. When he is happy, he is very happy, when he is passionate, he is very passionate, when he is depressed, he is very depressed. 

Another thing is that he has a very sharp mind. He has the ability to face things directly and reflect on them until he finds a way to deal with them. 

Right now, he will probably feel like this is the worst nightmare in his whole skating career. He will need a long time to reflect on what has happened, why it happened, on himself and his values, on his past and future. It will probably not be an easy time for him.

But if there is one thing I am sure about, it is that he will overcome it eventually. Yuzuru Hanyu is literally the symbol of finding light in the darkness. He has overcome a lot, he has been down before, and as long as his pure heart is not damaged, he will overcome this as well and find something valuable in his Beijing experience. I honestly believe that.