General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

Don’t read Raf’s interviews at all. He doesn’t have respect for anyone, not even his own student. He has been always petty and insecure about Yuzu. He can never change the fact that fake unfair medals can't touch hearts. 

raf's defining character trait is that he's a bitter old man who hates everything about the sport, including his own students. 

3 hours ago, anastazie_12 said:

I fully agree with you - very well said. Well another nasty piece of mistreatment of Yuzu is current interview with Rafael Arutyunyan. He speaks very arogantly about Yuzu. It makes me angry actually. Not nice reading - you can find it here: https://fs-gossips.com/rafael-arutyunyan-we-didnt-want-just-to-win-we-wanted-to-dominate-and-im-very-glad-that-this-is-exactly-what-happened-in-beijing/.

Yes, Nathan jumping quad Loop is the reason Yuzuru wanted to do 4A at the Olympics, is he high?

He's like medal medal, points points, yeah yeah. Rafael, you just need to open your eyes and see that there is something more people can desire than just points and medals.

'When a person is alone, he can lie to himself' - that's just toxic what he is saying. Yuzuru is not lying to himself. He put great effort, a lot of work and it pays off. Someone's jealous maybe?

Is he really the guy who took his autograph? Give it back, you don't deserve it.

Sorry if I'm being too harsh, if it's too much please tell me and I will edit.

4 hours ago, avelingese said:

I wanted to ask - why are you actually depressed after those Olympics? I mean imagine if he visits this forum and what he will see is bunch of posts saying "omg, Yuzu didn't win gold and popped his 4S, I'm so sad for him", he didn't even want that gold medal. Am I the only one that is actually happy for him? He went throguh this Olympics on his terms, did what he wanted to do, made a historic moment, ALMOST landed 4A (it's SO close that I'm not even going to talk about how close he is to achieving his dream) and everybody is talking about him and praising him anyway. 

I'm his fan only since January 2020 and have been supporting him ever since and will always be, whatever he decides to do. I'm so proud of him that he still stays true to himself, that he's still humble and has so much love for the sport despite all the struggles he's been through. The only thing I want for him is to be healthy and it's enough to land this 4A. 

And also for the people saying that he should do everything to win this 3rd gold (not only*** on this forum but I saw a lot of comments like this on the internet) - he alerady IS the G.O.A.T, he's the best. He doesn't need to prove anything anymore. It's like it's him in he's league and then there's the rest. There's nobody he could compete with, because nobody is on his level, end of story. Nathan Chen is a good jumper. He's jumps are correct in terms of technique - he does a good entrance, spin in the air required amount of times and then lands it and don't fall and that's it. But do he's jumps look like he's floating in the air and is wegihtless like a feather? Nope. Sorry but whoever says that any skater can even get close to Yuzu is delusional.

*** sorry, no idea why I put the word 'only' in here, I was about to say that those kind of comments I had read on other sites, apologies.

Welcome!

As for your question, my reply is gonna be similar to what others already said.

under spoiler because for some could be sad

Spoiler

I woudn't say I am depressed. I'm just very, VERY anxious about Yuzu being the one who feels depressed.

I want many things for Yuzu. Ideally ALL the gold medals, WRs and accolades and just about EVERYTHING, and to keep skating for much much much longer, too, so I can enjoy his skating. But if Yuzuru is fine without them, or even if he wants to quit skating entirely, well then. Ok, the last one would especially suck for me sicne I LOVE his skating, but I can take it as long as I know that somewhere, hidden in his cave, he's enjoying what he does.

But there's one thing that I want for Yuzuru and I really can't do without: for him to be able to do things that fullfill him, and to be happy (ok that's kinda two things, but bear with me:tumblr_inline_n2pjd0smCx1qdlkyg:)

Now, he said long ago that he wanted 4A. Awesome! Go and conquer the monster Yuzu:smiley-happy057: I'll be scared to death looking at those falls, but if that's how you roll, my dude, please go on! :smiley-happy105:(sorry if it sounds disrespectful, I'm trying not to go for too much gloom)

The problem is that there's an interdependance between Yuzu's wishes and fans's wishes/expectatiions, because one of the things he wants is also to make people happy and "repay" their support (plz you dont' need to repay us, Yuzu, you've done already more than enough😭)

When he talked about how hard was training 4A but he felt he needed to show some result with it, a part of me instantly went :smiley-scared003: 

"what if he actually wanted to be done with it, but he knows he's expected to do that, and he feels like he must break himself for it?"

Only Yuzuru knows the answer. He has an indomitable spirit and a bottomless love for the axel, but how can I know if training fruitlessly for long (fruitlessly in the sense that everyone thought he'd get the jump earlier and would not bring an "incomplete" jump to competition) was actually making him think he'd rather give up on it? :14066882:

So, when after Nats he said "ok Imma go to Beijing, meet your expectations with 4A AND 3rd OGM", I was like... "ok, wait wait wait, I hope you're not doing this just because you think this is what we expect from you":59227c768286a__s:

but once he'd set that goal, I was rolling with it 100%, because I certainly didn't want Yuzu to peek into fandom discourse and think "wtf, I'm doing all of this for you and you don't even believe in me?"

He feeds off people's support, so I went with everyone else excitedly waiting for him to show up and blithely hoping that judges would miraculously find an ounce of integrity and score properly.

When the mistake in the SP happened, ngl, I deflated.

I wanted a clean skate, I wanted a WR and I wanted Yuzuru happy. Of the 3, I could easily give up the first two, but NOT the last one. I expected Yuzu to be beating himslef with kuyashii so I rushed to tweet hoping that my "don't beat yourself, you did amazing" would somehow magically reach him. But he sounded relatively at peace with himself in interviews, so phew:woop:  my mood lifted too and for the remainder of the day I was in an unexpectedly good mood, similarly to how I felt after WTT21 SP (it helped rewatching beautiful Roncapu:love: and also not looking too mcuh at protocols. And not having wathced the top programs, becaus ewatching them woudl have 100% made me bitter at the scores)

I was kind of relaxed watching the practice, happy for 3A3Lo, not worrying too much about the mistakes, even if Yuzuru didn't look as collected as he had been in other practices. "It's ok", I thought, "just go out there and fight a good fight".

Then the darn fall happened. Contrary to many, I didn't express my wish to see him WD and just be done with the whole competition, even if it would have been a sensible decision for his ankle and for his ultimate Nessie dream.

However silly it might sound, I didn't want him to "see" that I had "given up" on him. :tumblr_inline_mw5grieCFe1qid2nw:

When he showed up at last practice, I knew that, whatever his real condition, he had chosen to fight on.

I could only scream "go Yuzu!", pray for his health and hope he would not regret it.

I could give up on a win, and even on a medal, but surely I could still have a Yuzu proud of himself, right?🥺

Well, the fall on the 4A was accepted with no trouble. The fall on 4S, while not entirely unexpected, made me again deflate a bit, as it almost surely meant a missed podium, but at that point I was really just praying "please let it not be another JNats19 FS, or Stockholm21 FS. It would be too cruel"

Well, he was mindbogglingly AWESOME after that, so it felt: "ok, I'll take this!:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5: He may fel regretful for the 4S, but other than that, so much to be proud of!"

(I also thought that THANK WHATEVER GOD AND YUZURU'S BLESSED WILLPOWER, OWG2018 had ended in the best way. If this had happened then I would have been devasted, because it relly felt that his life was hanging onto the result of that OWG)

Yuzuru's words about "giving his all", while pretty telling about the real state of his ankle (c'mon, if he had been ok, he woudl have been so much more pissed over that sal), made me feel less worried about Yuzuru being overly harshly to himself. Maybe Yuzu could be kind to himself? Could he actually truly feel proud and not say "I'm sorry"? :snonegai:

And then that hope was kinda shaken and that's what really punched me.

Really, I just f*cking needed Yuzu to be happy with himself, and not regret his choices, but darn it, it sounded as if he was regretting ever stepping foot in Beijing:sadPooh:   And then the thought that "we" had ultimately pushed him to go through something that had brought him pain really made me sad.

I'm always worried about becoming a burden to Yuzu. 

Yes, I know that 4A is his own desire and dream. But these OWG weren't. Tbh, even incorporating work-in-progress 4A hadn't been entirely in his plans when he had started training it either. "what if we &media have been forcing his hand and made him rush?":tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

Looking at everything that was staked against Yuzuru in this competition, especially after that really untimely injury, what he did is as miraculous and inspiring as in PyeongChang, no matter that this time the result wasn't as tangible as a medal.

But I need first and foremost Yuzu to be the one believing this.

Seeing how loud and bright was the love he received on socials made me relieved. "Maybe that will reach Yuzuru, maybe it will make him believe that not only he gave it all, but that YES, he's succeeded. He's reached us and we are grateful."

I wanted to tell him "don't you dare apologize or feel sorry. You did everything the right way, and we are proud and now just please you'll better darn STOP worrying about us and feel regretful on our behalf. Please think about doing things entirely for yourself instead, whatever that may be.

(idk if at this stage, with everyone sending wishes and praying in temples for him to achieve it, he still feels the 4A as "only" his. I sure hope it's his enough)

Now, personally I'm among those persuaded that, ankle allowing, he'll still want to try Nessie again. Possibly WC is out of question because his injury gonna take time again, but at some point.

If I'm wrong, well, ngl, I'd be sad because he has come so friggin close to getting it, and in those crazy circumstances. Yuzuru freely choosing to let his 4A dream go would really mean that training it made him truly and utterly miserable, and I refuse to be in a timeline where he's dedicated so much only to stop just shy of a ratified 4A.

So what I hope to see in this press conference is a Yuzu who won't sound as spent and kind of resigned as he (understandbly) was right after that FS. I hope he will acknowledge that his fight there in Beijing was not in vain.

1 hour ago, Skrimblo_iced said:

raf's defining character trait is that he's a bitter old man who hates everything about the sport, including his own students. 

this is actually a brilliant summary

Spoiler

Anyway, I didn't believe for a moment that 4Lo would stay, nor that N would go for his hardest layout at OWG.

Raf's strategy (that he fully passed on to his skater) has always been minimum effort (and they're in a position to afford it because judges got them covered for the "maximum result" part). Also, Raf is used to "buttarla in caciara" (using chaos as a strategy to mess up with competitors's mindset. not verbatim translation), like when he strategically name-dropped 4A and N in the same sentence. That's his brand of psychologicla warfare. I don't believe Yuzu fell for it, if anything, it was the scores by judges what backed him into a corner, not whatever layout N was doing, not even the BV gap, merely judges being utter sh*t.

Raf&N really just wanted to win, and it's a strategy I find entirely acceptable at Olys especially. What I can't stomach tho (scores aside), it's that it was the same strategy for the whole frigging quadriennium, and yet media&commentators have so brainwashed themselves and everyone that listened to them into N being some kind of innovator, when all he did was switching the background music to which he landed him jumps. And even then, he ended up with not one but two recycled program at OWG (one more than Yuzuru, ironically) and no one of the recycling is bad spokepeople had anything to say about that🙄

If he sounds as sad and resigned tomorrow (tonight? Time zone?), I wont be able to stomach watching it. Hopefully, he'll have bounced back a bit now that some days have passed, it may not be so raw a wound...i really hope the media is kind to him. I'd be ok with softball questions. I'm nervous for it, not because I expect a great earth shattering announcement, but I don't want him to be badgerd and beaten over the head with "how do you feels" and anything remotely calling his 4A a "failure" (avoid anti yuzu places...can be yikes) or the like. Or more elevated expectations for someone who has already gone so far above and beyond.

All I want is for him to feel more at ease and whatever he decides; another season or a pause to let his injury heal: I'm fine with.

23 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

I think this video director speaks for all of us. :grouphug:

"When I worked with him 5 yrs ago I felt that I’d never met such an innocent, untainted person. Like glass, like silk thread. But I think only such a person can do his 4-minute (program in) competition. I won’t let anyone hurt him- (he) makes me feel that way."

I'm in this tweet and I don't like it :roll:

here’s hoping they ask him respectable questions that don’t completely focus on his performance here at Beijing (I would honestly be ok with a pure fluff interview, but I can see how that can come across as insulting and degrading esp since he’s a world class champion skater)—maybe like if he has anything he would like to share with his fans, go into how he managed to stay so strong training alone,  what he feels about knowing his fans were so impressed and moved and grew still in number, if he’s planning on hosting his own gala/performance (if he ever does host a solo gala, like even something casual like renting out a rink and doing a short performance, it’s gonna sell out x1000 and be a biiiig FU to the JSF and ISU Hahahha) 

😭😭😭