General Yuzuru Chat

Sharing my thoughts on the just concluded JNats:

I’ve not felt so happy after a FS competition for a long while, no thanks to the preferential/bias scoring after PyeongChang Olympics. Yuzu smiling at the Kiss n Cry seems like a distant memory until last weekend. It hurts to be reminded how long and how much clownery he has to put up with.

To me, what stood out at the competition was Yuzu’s undaunted courage and conviction. He went ahead and attempted the 4A despite it is still a work in progress, hasn’t reached his ideal form. I was very relieved that he didn’t fall after the 4A attempt (crucial to staying injury-free and avoiding disruptions to his concentration) and proceeded to present a brilliant routine. This being his first competition of the season, I was floored by his performances.

I’m equally impressed by him for vocalising and drawing attention to the minimal crossovers in his SP, yet his Transition score of 9.57 was the lowest of PCS?

Frankly, Beijing Olympics suddenly seems more interesting to me after Yuzu fought and rightfully earned himself a ticket to this most prestigious competition. I love it when he declared in interviews that he would go and staunchly defend his title with a 4A, fulfilling his childhood dream of landing one. I found this year’s JNats the most interesting edition as it reignited the ‘Olympic flame’ in him.

I’m relieved he finally realises and relishes the unique situation he is in - the only competitive skater eligible for a third Olympic gold medal come next Feb. Yuzu’s narrative is by far more compelling and news-worthy than some scripted, one-sided narrative being played out these past few years. This is because his narrative involves a chain of naturally occurring events spanning over more than a decade. Thanks to his passion in this sport, supreme talent, relentless hardwork and the  longevity of his competitive career lead him to this rare opportunity of a 3rd-time Olympian win. If life presents him with such an unexpected opportunity, I’d say go for it! Is he the Chosen One, destined for a lengthy reign in this sport?

I’m so over with the judging shenanigans that I’m better off focusing and enjoying Yuzu’s growth as a skater, his quest in landing the 4A and performing two clean programs at the Olympics (ideal ones according to his standards).

Lastly, I would like to leave this unknown quote for Yuzu : Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.

PS: I have to say I love his new costume for LMEY. It cuts a slim and longer look, especially the legs.

Guest turquoiseblue
13 hours ago, Poohdanslarue said:

Hey guys. I'm not sure if it is proper to send a message like this here. But if it is not appropriate I will delete it.

The Chinese Olympic Committee holds an activity called postcard of love. If the audience has a favorite athlete, they can write postcards and send them to Beijing, which will be sent to the athletes during the Olympic Games. If anyone wants to write to Yuzu, I can transcribe and send to Beijing on January 10 (I'm sorry that the contents can't be too long).I would send feedbacks after the Committee receive the postcards:) Here is my email address: [email protected]

https://m.weibo.cn/5980037952/4697055971509439

Can people outside China send postcards directly to Beijing? :snonegai:

22 分, SuzyQさんが言いました:

So cute. 

He tried to say ありがとうございます arigtougozaimasu (thank you) responding to the congratulations, but misspoke, saying おめでとうございます omedetougozaimasu (congratulations)  :laughing:

:grin:Yuzu is born-to-be-showman. He really seems happy in a series of videos, which makes me delighted! Now I am not living in Japan, but if I were, I must have been a flood of information, scream of joy! He can spend as a biggest star for Beijing.

Now his presence to the nation seems like Shigeo Nagashima, the hope of the country.

Sorry, if this has been already posted, but just in case.

BS Fuji Broadcasting schedule;

https://www.fujitv.co.jp/sports/skate/japan/timetable.html

Tonight, 29 Dec.  19:00 - 20:55

Japanese Nationals - Special edition

https://www.bsfuji.tv/figureskate2021japan/pub/index.html

21:00 - 22:55

All Japan Medalist on Ice

https://www.bsfuji.tv/medalistonice2021/pub/index.html

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
11 hours ago, Pammi said:

Has this been posted? Hope to get some subscribers at some point - I know AWW said the team is working hard on the massive volume of content!

:wave:  all fanyus : I selected and I was going to post it just now, after my second cut at work and now by you in England, it's done and it's : YuzuPoohLove:    :wink_star: