General Yuzuru Chat

My hope is that by keeping programs that are familiar, he is going to upgrade his jump content. if the rest is comfortable and familiar (body is already familiar with the movements) then maybe the hard new elements won't be so hard to add in. At least, this is my hope... otherwise it looks like he's just playing it safe.

3 minutes ago, Amura365 said:

I'll admit I'm disappointed.  I mean using the same program for three seasons! It's the Olympic year playing it safe doesn't get you anywhere look what happened to Patrick. Where's the originality?

I sincerely hope that this decision of his won't come back and haunt him later in the season I doubt that the judges will be very impressed with seeing"Chopin" for a 3rd season. He's already done it perfectly 3 times and already has world record scores. Why bring it back? He has nothing to prove with this program. I won't be surprised if this decision cost him the Olympic title. He's not the judges favorite anymore. It's Shoma and Javier. I love Bantu but I'm not a fan of recycled programs.

Olympic year is the safe year. Almost no one goes outside the box and its warhorse central. So many skaters have already announced they're doing repeats of music and reusing old programs so he's not unqiue. 

I have no comment on his LP as its just a rumor for now.

3 minutes ago, liv said:

My hope is that by keeping programs that are familiar, he is going to upgrade his jump content. if the rest is comfortable and familiar (body is already familiar with the movements) then maybe the hard new elements won't be so hard to add in. At least, this is my hope... otherwise it looks like he's just playing it safe.

Recycling programs means He will have 4lz in both SP and Lp.

and in Lp he will have 4lz with 5 quads... and who knows maybe he will upgrade even more if Nathan has 6-7 quads...

2 minutes ago, meoima said:

Recycling programs means He will have 4lz in both SP and Lp.

and in Lp he will have 4lz with 5 quads... and who knows maybe he will upgrade even more if Nathan has 6-7 quads...

I certainly hope your crystal ball is working this time, meoima!!!

(not that I doubt you!!) I just want you really to be right.

Just now, meoima said:

He will have 4lz in both SP and Lp.

I'm going to second the 5 quads. While TSL is taboo, there was an interview with Tracy, where she said Hanyu wanted to do back to back quads opening in FP. So first half is already 2. Then this year, figured he can backload 3 quads, so he'll probably try that. So yeah, 5 quads totally possible-wasn't he trying to pull that off this year? I'm also a bit skeptical about nathan being clean with 6-7 quads, even though this year he had that boot issue. 

5 minutes ago, Amura365 said:

I'll admit I'm disappointed.  I mean using the same program for three seasons! It's the Olympic year playing it safe doesn't get you anywhere look what happened to Patrick. Where's the originality?

I sincerely hope that this decision of his won't come back and haunt him later in the season I doubt that the judges will be very impressed with seeing"Chopin" for a 3rd season. He's already done it perfectly 3 times and already has world record scores. Why bring it back? He has nothing to prove with this program. I won't be surprised if this decision cost him the Olympic title. He's not the judges favorite anymore. It's Shoma and Javier. I love Bantu but I'm not a fan of recycled programs.

I dont like recycled programs either, but Yuzuru reused his PW for Sochi, with the same layout  and got WR in previous season, too. And see what happen ?  And I think its still too early to talk about the scoring with Chopin 3.0 since we're not judges. How many times they give weird marks that no one can  understand it ? 

There's too much negativity here. I must :runaway:

Just now, Mitya said:

To be fair to Max he didn't do any statement and emphasized that these are just rumors.

but no one claimed that there were more than rumors in the first place,it's just that a lot of us are mentally/emotionally exhausted after today and even as a rumor it was too much to take at this particular time:dpooh:

I think we need to wait and calm down a bit. We don't know to what extent his SP will be recycled. The layout is still a big ??? and Chopin's Ballade no.1 is a 10-ish minute song, he is already reported to have altered the music cut, he could very much have plans for more.

22 minutes ago, meoima said:

So Max is talking about Seimei 2.0.... you guys should pray for me then. I am such a crazy psychic.

When my father was alive he was a pyschic too. He predicted many things right. Oh... well...

if he indeed has Chopin 3.0 and Seimei 2.0, you guys can say hello to 4lz in competition and even 4A (even just in practice video). 

He will have 4lz in both SP and LP then. 

I'll be happy that you also predicted a good run for him in pyeongchang.