General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, wildstrawberry said:

His actual words are:'A new revised and corrected version for music as well'...

This doesn't fill me with any more confidence. The music will still be practically the same. Well, at least we can all stop worrying he'll go with David Wilson in this case! Silver lining?

On 5/26/2017 at 09:55, xeyra said:

Okay, well, I guess if this happens, I'm actually going to think about rooting for someone else for Oly Gold. Sorry! Chopin version 3.0 I can stand, but going back to BOTH programs is... a bit hard to swallow and just re-treading old ground that's been done and won. What more could he do with Seimei he hasn't done before except for jumps? This seems unlikely. 

Same

Nah he will have new LP. Tbh I think the rumors from Max are mostly from fan's talks.(I like Max but alot of his rumors are not true)

I don't like the idea of Chopin 3.0, but I can see why he's going for it. He doesn't skate to satisfy his fans. And he's not only one re use programs this season. Shoma, Javi recycle, too. Boyang keep his Spiderman SP and likely use his La strada again. 

5 minutes ago, xeyra said:

This doesn't fill me with any more confidence. The music will still be practically the same. Well, at least we can all stop worrying he'll go with David Wilson in this case! Silver lining?

The soundtrack has quite a bit more to it, there's even a violin +piano section here : https://youtu.be/2txSsJJ4vQo

Yuzu could select from the more traditional instruments section of the OST. There's a section in the OST that's all shakuhachi, which could be beautiful if done correctly, though I can't seem to find it on youtube... 

Just now, xeyra said:

no D W*lson was my exact 1st thought and you don't know how i rejoiced,but then I thought what if he was the one doing the revised version? rip me:5918bda8ee9b0_0001(1):

Just now, Katt said:

Nah he will have new LP. Tbh I think the rumors from Max are mostly from fan's talks.

I don't like the idea of Chopin 3.0, but I can see why he's going for it. He doesn't skate to satisfy his fans. And he's not only one re use programs this season. Shoma, Javi recycle, too. Boyang keep his Spiderman SP and likely use his La strada again. 

Chopin 3.0 in preparation for a completely new masterpiece FS, yes, I can understand and accept and root for. But repeating two programs is just being lazy, so I don't believe it's possible. Yuzu isn't lazy. 

It's pretty funny to me how some fans think they know better than him, the actual reigning Olympic and World Champion, about music choice and layout planning. Guys, it's early yet. People were moaning and weeping after he said he's reusing Chopin for 15-16 and see what that decision resulted in. 

14 minutes ago, Katt said:

Nah he will have new LP. Tbh I think the rumors from Max are mostly from fan's talks.

I think Boyang has said he will not be reusing La Strada.

But, yeah, a lot of the top men are recycling, and Max's rumours have no basis unless he produces a source that isn't fans or his own speculation. I doubt Yuzuru will have a recycled LP. Recycling the SP may serve two purposes - a degree of comfort in the event he is adding a new jump/combo/both and extra time to focus on developing a strong LP.

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

The soundtrack has quite a bit more to it, Yuzu could select from the more traditional instruments section of the OST. There's a section in the OST that's all shakuhachi, which could be beautiful if done correctly. 

In this case, only and ONLY if the music cuts were mostly completely different and so would be the program's choreography. Then yes, then I'd say bring in Seimei 2.0.

Edit: Sorry if I'm now going into gloom and doom mode but the Seimei speculation put me in a mood. 

The wait for Mezamashi is unbearable... I want to know what he has to say about all this.

On a random comment, i am listening to my classical playlist on spotify and my phone REFUSED to play Ballade 1. Like, i kept swiping and going back but it always went three songs ahead of it or one song behind. I tried to do this three times and Spotify would skip over Ballade. It settled on the Russian anthem. I felt like i was being mocked :dpooh: