General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Shayuzu said:

for anybody who wants to watch just the yuzu cuts (or where yuzu appears for a fraction of a second :laughing:)

I rewatch this again and I find it funny that Yuzuru is an athlete and yet he looks more like an idol than most idols performing there :rofl:also his skin is so fair, fairer than the actress and he is the fairest amongst all when they all stand together to sing Hana Wa Saku :embSwan:

I guess our swan hates the sun so much :smiley-scared003: 

I know he has fair skin (Asian standard), Nobu even joked about it (he complimented Yuzu's fair skin and cute face and made fun of the other older woman guest for falling to that), but this video shocks me. I didn't know he was that fair skin lol

And this is the first time I notice Yuzu's wearing contacts :confused0066:

I always know he's wearing prescription glasses, but never notice his contacts.

Do skaters perform with contacts? Idk if it will be dangerous in case they fall and hit their head, and it's not like they need a perfect eyesight to perform (not like in tennis, where my glasses is literally more important than my racket lol)  

1 hour ago, Shayuzu said:

for anybody who wants to watch just the yuzu cuts (or where yuzu appears for a fraction of a second :laughing:)

Is he singing along to EVERY song? 

...HOW is he singing along to every song?

Mister Perfection. 

13 hours ago, xeyra said:

Edited to add 2015-2016 table. The difference is quite huge...

p4cWKmv.png

It is interesting to see Javi's 32 10's and his  *&**... compare to the other two...

Swimming topic reminds me of Fresca's avatar~:biggrin: i don't care if he can swim or not. I can watch him in the hot spring for a whole day. :devilYuzuf:

31 minutes ago, b138oo said:

Idk if it will be dangerous in case they fall and hit their head, and it's not like they need a perfect eyesight to perform (not like in tennis, where my glasses is literally more important than my racket lol)

I guess it depends on your prescription? If you have 3.00+ eyesight like I did you wouldn't be able to see the ice that carefully, and it'll probably make a difference in your confidence to execute and stuff. Also I think it affects your depth perception so it's harder to see how far away the boards are. And....sometimes there are wet spots and holes in the ice you want to avoid. Although I agree, I played many years of tennis and your vision is everything! Sometimes even a bright glare or the angle of the sun affects your play.

As for falling and hitting their head, having worn contacts for 10+ years I've never had them fall out unless I was rubbing my eyes. If they fell out due to hitting your head you probably have more problems than losing your contacts :/ 

1 hour ago, b138oo said:

And this is the first time I notice Yuzu's wearing contacts :confused0066:

I always know he's wearing prescription glasses, but never notice his contacts.

Do skaters perform with contacts? Idk if it will be dangerous in case they fall and hit their head, and it's not like they need a perfect eyesight to perform (not like in tennis, where my glasses is literally more important than my racket lol)  

That was my question too but someone told me Yuzu had no problem with his eyes and he wore glasses to look cool... Now I don't know...

12 minutes ago, SSS said:

That was my question too but someone told me Yuzu had no problem with his eyes. He wears glasses to look cool... Now I don't know...

Lol...? He has prescription glasses, primarily for reading. Javier as well and he's mentioned how annoying/painful it is wearing contacts with the cold wind while on the ice.  

30 minutes ago, ShiroKJ said:

Lol...? He has prescription glasses, primarily for reading. Javier as well and he's mentioned how annoying/painful it is wearing contacts with the cold wind while on the ice.  

:sadPooh:alright, new task. Gonna follow and stare at Javi’s eyes in competition videos lol.

If skaters accidentally drop contacts in competition, will there be a -1? 

Just now, SSS said:

:sadPooh:alright, new task. Gonna follow and stare at Javi’s eyes in competition videos lol.

If skaters accidentally drop contacts in competition, will there be a -1? 

Lol I think they try not to wear it during competitions if they can help it... If you get a feel for the rink size, you probably just need good enough sight to spot. 

+ Judges wouldn't be able see contacts on the ice so what they can't see they can't deduct :P 

34 minutes ago, ShiroKJ said:

Lol I think they try not to wear it during competitions if they can help it... If you get a feel for the rink size, you probably just need good enough sight to spot. 

+ Judges wouldn't be able see contacts on the ice so what they can't see they can't deduct :P 

I wonder what it's like to skate over a contact... I heard skating over a hair pin isn't pretty :free-random-smileys-161:

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I guess it depends on your prescription? If you have 3.00+ eyesight like I did you wouldn't be able to see the ice that carefully, and it'll probably make a difference in your confidence to execute and stuff. Also I think it affects your depth perception so it's harder to see how far away the boards are. And....sometimes there are wet spots and holes in the ice you want to avoid. 

Yeah, holes are dangerous. I remember Yuzu did skate into a hole and popped? his jump. Considering he could find his Mom in the audience, i guess he does not need contacts for skating. (I wonder what it will be like if someone skates with glasses...:facepalm:) And I am 100% sure Yuzu can identify and find all the  poohs in the audience.:embSwan::POOH:

5 hours ago, Shayuzu said:

How dedicated to put this together (even shots of just his hands in the corner were included - very thorough).

I actually made my own cut of this Kouhaku but that was for the golden squid. XD

3 hours ago, SSS said:

That was my question too but someone told me Yuzu had no problem with his eyes and he wore glasses to look cool... Now I don't know...

Yuzuru does have prescription glasses for reading and studying, it is not to look cool. Even Javier has to use glasses as well. Actually, it is not unusual for skaters to have slight issues with eyesight, as they have had to look at the ice for their whole life, it might be as harmful to the eyes as much as you look at the digital screen your whole life. 

2 hours ago, SSS said:

Considering he could find his Mom in the audience, i guess he does not need contacts for skating. (I wonder what it will be like if someone skates with glasses...:facepalm:

I skate with glasses, will be getting contacts soon, since my glasses have a tendency to fly across the rink when I'm spinning. They are usually one child-in-hockey-skates away from being destroyed. Curious if it's due to the astigmatism or the nearsightedness, but I've tried skating without glasses, and the spatial balance feeling without them is very jarring. 

Yuzu does look nice in glasses though, professor Yuzuru that is...