General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, savakyc said:

The only time I get realllllly scared is his death stare at ACI when he brought wrong pair of gloves. His hatred level attacked me.

Really? I was cracking up something awful! I still do, whenever I see that moment and the worst of it is when he when he sort of waves with the glove. I keel over :rofl:

10 分, savakycさんが言いました:

Never witness the gaze in person I need that experience :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

The only time I get realllllly scared is his death stare at ACI when he brought wrong pair of gloves. His hatred level attacked me.

In other murder face pics I just fangirl over them.

Lol. Funnily enough, if that stink-eye was an accusing one meant for his mom, I'd want to whap him upside the head for it because pack your own bloody bags next time. >_> If not, and he was staring into space and being angry at whatever force caused that well...it's still his own bloody fault, haha!

2 minutes ago, savakyc said:

Never witness the gaze in person I need that experience :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

Are you ready to surrender your soul?

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

Really? I was cracking up something awful! I still do, whenever I see that moment and the worst of it is when he sort of waves with the glove. I keel over :rofl:

I loved when he did that :rofl:i chuckled too. Then i saw the pictures of how his face looked when he realized that and :slinkaway: But oh my god his face after Brian talked to him (i guess he asked him what's wrong or what are you going to do) and he shrugged with such a stink face that i lost it :rofl:

4 minutes ago, Erin said:

My gossipy self couldn't resist. :embSwan: 

Please pm me too. :snonegai:  I swear i won't go mad and rage at other people, i just want to know. I'm the type who wants to be aware of the dark side of things rather than live in ignorance. :devilYuzu: 

Please and thank you! :pouty:

Ho, so I'm not the only one who is like that, always wanting to know both the bright and the dark sides of things, haha. I just like to form my own opinion after learning all I can instead of being ignorant. But I have the feeling most other fans here don't want to open that can of worms to new fans so I don't know if we will ever get any PM to satisfy our curiosity.

For now, I'll just watch Italian uncles gushing about Yuzu while waiting for the parade :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Really? I was cracking up something awful! I still do, whenever I see that moment and the worst of it is when he sort of gestures with his hand in a particular way. I keel over :rofl:

I wonder where he gets it from. Like I have a death glare learned from my grandparents, but I wonder if Yuzu's is actually learned from his mom, and if yes, has mom actually used one before on him? That's the best way to learn. :muahaha:

12 minutes ago, Erin said:

My gossipy self couldn't resist. :embSwan: 

Please pm me too. :snonegai:  I swear i won't go mad and rage at other people, i just want to know. I'm the type who wants to be aware of the dark side of things rather than live in ignorance. :devilYuzu: 

Please and thank you! :pouty:

Alright, in a minute.

If anyone else wants to know as well, pm-ing me directly will be fine. Aaaand, I hope you don't mind if I reuse the message I sent to other people.

Also, what I will be telling you are my recollection of what happened back when I wasn't as actively involved (if posting about me melting at anything Zu did can be categorised as involved, that is). Some things I missed while wasn't paying attention are gathered from people who have been FS fans for almost longer than I've been alive:bow: or at least longer than I've been aware that this sport exists *nervous laughter*

And really, you can and should recheck everything I wrote.:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

On Boyang coming to TCC.  I'm wondering what the Chinese are hoping to get from this, since you can be sure that this whole situation was probably not Boyang's idea.  You have to remember that the Chinese sports program is more akin to the old East Germany so that certainly nothing this significant isn't part of a long term strategy.  So what are the Chinese doing here?  I think they are looking to create a poster-boy for the Beijing games.  I remember how Tom Daley became the male image for the London summer games in 2012, primarily because of his good looks and the fact he won the World Championship in platform diving at the age of 15.  Youthful and successful.  That's what the Chinese need, and Boyang fills the bill as being one of theirs who is always in the hunt when it comes to podium position.  The thing is they have to get exposure for him and the Chinese program is so closely micro-managed with media accessibility and such that it's not going to happen if Boyang's only expeditions out of the country are for competitions.  So I think going to TCC is step one in the process of getting for Boyang an international profile.  After all, what could be better in raising his profile than having him go and temporarily train under a coaching superstar and training alongside a bona-fide skating legend?  Another step - My feeling is that we will shortly start seeing Boyang getting on the ice show circuit, probably not this summer but in summers of years to come. 

I think also he's being sent to Canada to have him working on English, the better to handle media events.   I don't know how much English he knows now but the best way of learning a language is by immersion, by being put into a sink or swim situation.  Yuzu can probably tell a lot of tales about that.  Things could be getting complicated for Brian, though, with a Japanese speaker, a Korean speaker and a Russian speaker already on board.  All he needs is a Chinese speaker to make things really interesting.  Of those four, my guess is that Stephen Gogolev probably has the best English, since he came from Russia to Canada and to Brian at age 7.  At that age the language learning skills are still at peak efficiency so I imagine that except for his accent he's acquired a good command of English.  Remember, also, he'd have been attending schools conducted in English and his social contacts would have had a high English-speaking component.

Then there's the actual skating benefits.  Unlike Nathan, it's been apparent that Boyang and his coaches have been working on improving the PCS content of his programs.  Quite obviously amongst those competing today Yuzu is the undoubted monarch of the artistic content of men's figure skating.  For almost all of the other skaters Yuzu's PCS points are to die for.  Part of that, though, is that Yuzu's also had access to some of the best choreographers in the business and I have a strong feeling the Chinese would like to have Boyang connecting with some of those people.

The issue, here, though, is that if the Chinese are looking to fulfill these objectives they will need more than a short span of a few weeks in the off-season.  My feeling is that if Brian takes on Boyang he will insist that it be longer term and that Boyang's  current coach is not present.  He will not desire to come into conflict with the coach and proximity increases the danger exponentially.

As for Yuzu, if we are looking for a repeat of his relationship with Javi he will be blessed with a multitude of candidates.  Boyang, if he comes to TCC long-term, will become the obvious favorite there since he's the only one competing at the same level as Yuzu.  Stephen Gogolev I think is likely to be the second candidate, rather than Cha, because Stephen came to Brian at roughly the same time Yuzu did and so there are several years of familiarity with Yuzu here, quite a bit longer than Yuzu's time with Cha.  I also think the age factor with Stephen will be decreasing as the years pass by and Stephen passes from puberty through adolescence and into young manhood.

On one critical issue, that somehow Yuzu's supremacy might be threatened by Boyang's access to Yuzu's trainers and training environment, I think people here are not taking seriously enough Yuzu's contention to alter his approach to competition, to make winning take second place to making programs he truly wants to skate, in short, to put into practice in his SP and FS the same principles that now govern his exhibition skates.  I remember how, many years ago, right after I'd finished my doctoral work in English I had begun (it was only temporary, ultimately) comic book collecting and I was on a bus heading home after purchasing several, and so I was reading one of my acquisitions.  This elderly lady across the aisle kept looking strangely at me, obviously put off by the spectacle of a grown man reading a comic book.  Finally I just couldn't pass up the chance and so I spoke to her, telling her I had just finished acquiring my PhD in English and ending by saying, (this is paraphrase here), "I've read Shakespeare, I've read Faulkner, I've read them all.  I've paid my dues.  Now I can read anything I want."  She laughed then, realizing the truth of my situation.  I bring up that now because Yuzu realizes that he's paid his dues.  Now he can skate anything he wants.  With Boyang potentially coming on board, I think his reaction might be, "What, me worry?"

2 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I loved when he did that :rofl:i chuckled too. Then i saw the pictures of how his face looked when he realized that and :slinkaway: But oh my god his face after Brian talked to him (i guess he asked him what's wrong or what are you going to do) and he shrugged with such a stink face that i lost it :rofl:

I cannot hold it together, when ever I see that moment. The worst is that I know what's coming so I just start laughing sort of preemptively and good grief, by the time he shakes that thing I am so gone! Everything after that is just me crying with laughter:rofl:

I'm a terrible person, I know but it's funny, ok.

7 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Really? I was cracking up something awful! I still do, whenever I see that moment and the worst of it is when he sort of gestures with his hand in a particular way. I keel over :rofl:

Where can I see that moment? Bringing wrong gloves and then turning on murder face... I'd like to see that moment! Please help me.

:peekapooh:

:offtopic: I'm kind of jealous of the folks who can really go into Yuzu-kuyashii mode after a bad competition. Or game or whatever. I lose control over tear ducts when stress levels exceed a certain point  (and for me Yuzu keeps it pretty close to that point just by existing, apparently). It's very unfortunate because I really would fight anybody while crying, but people rarely want to fight a small crying idjit. Of course that does give me the element of surprise when I kick them, but still. It's annoying to never be intimidating. I really envy Yuzu's cinnamon roll-murder stare transformation abilities, too.

6 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

:offtopic: I'm kind of jealous of the folks who can really go into Yuzu-kuyashii mode after a bad competition. Or game or whatever. I lose control over tear ducts when stress levels exceed a certain point  (and for me Yuzu keeps it pretty close to that point just by existing, apparently). It's very unfortunate because I really would fight anybody while crying, but people rarely want to fight a small crying idjit. Of course that does give me the element of surprise when I kick them, but still. It's annoying to never be intimidating. I really envy Yuzu's cinnamon roll-murder stare transformation abilities, too.

Well if we ever meet face to face in a comp, I'll allow you to squeeze my hand when he skates (just go gently please).

Next, I'll teach you how to do a death glare, so you won't ever have to fight. =D

@WSYZ: Here ya go, courtesy of @Sportymags, full description and photos of the event https://sportymags.wordpress.com/2017/09/27/yuzuru-hanyu-the-case-of-the-2-right-handed-gloves/

8 minutes ago, Xen said:

I wonder where he gets it from. Like I have a death glare learned from my grandparents, but I wonder if Yuzu's is actually learned from his mom, and if yes, has mom actually used one before on him? That's the best way to learn. 

It would not surprise me, negl. I think often those kind of things are picked up from relatives and it'll tickle my shriveled heart if this is actually coming from Yumi! She's a fab woman by all accounts and it couldn't have been easy to raise this little troll! :laughing:

@WSYZ there is video somewhere, let me see if I can dig it up.

29 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

This is probably slightly different from him being past his prime or getting surpassed but I'm probably in the minority in terms of looking forward to his retirement. I just feel like he has so much more to offer than simply skating that I really look forward to see what he'll get up to after his retirement. Given who he is, it promises to be exciting in a way that's different from watching him skate. Because more than simply skating, it's also his character that has got me so fascinated.

I mean, there's plenty of time for that after he retires, as compared to him actually competing so I'm not impatient but I don't exactly find the topic depressing like most do here, either. Quite the opposite, actually. But I understand most here are figure skating fans first and foremost so I guess I should just stop here.

No, I'm not Japanese but there are a couple of them here who are semi-active. Maybe more. And my username is a shruggie emoji. Also, that's a tsu but it's easy to mistake one for the other. ^^

And it's always good for members to be active. Helps keep a forum alive. Where'd you see him live? At PC?

Yes I went to see yuzu live for the first time ever. Went to both SP and FS. 

Im around Yuzus age and Im a school student so I spent all my pocket money to go but it was worth every buck I had. 

Im the figure skating fan who wants to see him skate competitvely for as long as possible because I love seeing new sparkling costumes on him, I love him skating to new music and choreo and I love it when he is in the kiss and cry with brian. And I love his Gala Ex. And I love him breaking world records and landing jumps with perfect GOEs hahahaha 😂😂😂😂 how can I help my obsession with yuzu skatin I dont know and I think I will cry during his last skating competition because I will miss him skating soooo much. I almost dread the day in some aspects. 😭😭😭

6 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:
  Hide contents

Nathan's fan fest has some very entertaining melt downs. But, yeah, I wouldn't go there if you want to hear nice things about his competitors.

May I ask what are fan fest meltdowns? I want to know soo badly. PM possible?

9 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

spoiler cuz we're not really supposed to be talking about other forums. we dont need a website war and it is in bad taste i guess. 

Hide contents

I forgot my login details for gs but do lurk sometimes and I cant with it for all the America-centrism and i have a horrible habit of assuming everyone who says something along the times of "i hope Nathan wins worlds '19" are implying they want Yuzuru to bomb or get injured :/

I'm a fan of other skaters (shoma, boyang, deniss, junhwan etc) and liked gs because i could keep up with just general skating stuff even in disciplines i don't follow as closely as i do the men's but, gosh. the constant jerking it for team usa and nathan and bitching about fanyus criticisng nathan's worlds score when 1) his score was objectively ridiculous and 2) its wasnt just hanyu fans saying it....

gs is only good for a laugh and a good eyeroll at this point. most of my twitter feed is full of yuzuru and shoma fans, i can always diversify if i need to :P

I noticed Yuzu and Javi fans overlap and other fans too.

I have however never seen Yuzu and Nathan chen fan overlapping. 

Nor have I seen Nathan fans being positive or warm about fanyus and vice versa. 

Is it in our blood that these two fandoms are the Montague and Capulet family from Romeo and Juliet of mens figure skating? 

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well if we ever meet face to face in a comp, I'll allow you to squeeze my hand when he skates (just go gently please).

Next, I'll teach you how to do a death glare, so you won't ever have to fight. =D

I'd appreciate that, it's very disheartening to hear 'Aww honey, it's okay, it'll be fine' when really you just want to headbutt somebody. :biggrin: