General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, Toni said:

Same. And he does it the right way, as a truly noble sportsman. There is NEVER any spite. He honestly wishes his competitors well, he's just, you know, going to win. Period.

Yes I love the fact that he is straight forward and honest about wanting to WIN and that's his goal but he also celebrates and acknowledges his fellow competitors' accomplishments. I love the fact that he loves Boyang Jin's 4L

You know what? It isn't actually fair for Yuzu to compete against mere mortals. If I'm right, he'll compete in 2022 Olympics and poor Shoma etc. will once again take a back seat to him. So maybe they need to create a Platinum medal just for him. That way, someone else could win gold. Hell, you may as well just call it the Hanyu Medal. 

On 4/14/2018 at 12:35 PM, LucyH said:

Yes I love the fact that he is straight forward and honest about wanting to WIN and that's his goal but he also celebrates and acknowledges his fellow competitors' accomplishments. I love the fact that he loves Boyang Jin's 4L

And CRIES for Javi's bronze medal.

On 4/14/2018 at 12:38 PM, Toni said:

You know what? It isn't actually fair for Yuzu to compete against mere mortals. If I'm right, he'll compete in 2022 Olympics and poor Shoma etc. will once again take a back seat to him. So maybe they need to create a Platinum medal just for him. That way, someone else could win gold. Hell, you may as well just call it the Hanyu Medal. 

(Quoting my own post HAHAHA!)  ... I mean, whenever he's in a competition they already make a much bigger deal over 4th place, as if everyone has slipped their expectations, so in their minds, 4th place is actually a Bronze Medal.

34 minutes ago, Toni said:

I second that thought, a Hanyu medal awarded to those who achieve legendary status :)

Yuzu just said he was going to improve his muscles so he could make better jumps. Everyone get ready for him to get buff... well, as buff as a fit person who's naturally that slender can get, anyway. I can't remember where I heard it, but he said "fortunately" he injured his ankle. A startled reporter asked him how that could be fortunate and he explained his philosophy of strength coming from weakness. He said he thinks he won the second gold because he used his time off the ice to really build up his core strength, since he had limits on how much he could do with his right ankle. And he discovered, just like everything negative that has happened to him before, he can turn disadvantages into advantages.  

5 minutes ago, Toni said:

Yuzu just said he was going to improve his muscles so he could make better jumps. Everyone get ready for him to get buff... well, as buff as a fit person who's naturally that slender can get, anyway. I can't remember where I heard it, but he said "fortunately" he injured his ankle. A startled reporter asked him how that could be fortunate and he explained his philosophy of strength coming from weakness. He said he thinks he won the second gold because he used his time off the ice to really build up his core strength, since he had limits on how much he could do with his right ankle. And he discovered, just like everything negative that has happened to him before, he can turn disadvantages into advantages.  

Spoken like a true champion! 

1 minute ago, Toni said:

Daqze53WkAE_f9l.jpg:large

We know why Johnny Weir was beaming from ear to ear at CiONTU. The GOAT was honoring not only his legacy, but his style sense, and nothing matters more to Johnny than THAT.

Yuzuru looks so, so cute. And Mrs Hanyu must be rather tall?

1 hour ago, Toni said:

Daqze53WkAE_f9l.jpg:large

We know why Johnny Weir was beaming from ear to ear at CiONTU. The GOAT was honoring not only his legacy, but his style sense, and nothing matters more to Johnny than THAT.

Yuzu also said he won’t burn our eyes again by skating to chopin in this costume :rofl: