General Yuzuru Chat

ISU World Standings has been updated today. http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsmen.htm

Fun Fact: (Although it doesn't mean too much) Yuzu has been #1 in the World Standing since 2013-2014 :yes:

Shiro - is there a listing somewhere of World Standings by year? I do remember that Yuzuru hit #1 by end of 13/14 season But is there a way to look that up?

Wayback Machine is for your service http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www ... /wsmen.htm

A :pooh: for you.

can anyone explain how the points work? its always confused me

Gist of it if you don't want to read through the entire communication.

-World standing takes the 3 most recent seasons into their point total.

100% of the current (upcoming) season (2017/2018)

100% of the previous season (2016-17)

70% of the season before that (2015-16)

-Each skater gets 5 compeitions counted into each season total.

[table][tr][td]ISU World Championships (or) Olympic Winter Games (1)[/td] [td]ISU (Junior) Grand Prix and Final (2)[/td] [td]Selected International competition (2)[/td][/tr][tr][td]If a skater competed in both Worlds and Olympic, then whichever competition they placed highest on will be counted.[/td]

[td]The best TWO results from the GP series will be counted. If a skater makes it into the Final, then that will be counted along with whichever GP event they placed highest on.[/td] [td]Challenger series.[/td][/tr][/table]

that's perfect! thank you so much

:space:

:embSwan: :sadPooh:

The fellow satellite with the second highest number of posts has 442...

:embSwan:

Congrats! Do you ever get to sleep?

Actually i do. And i work too. And i play games. And i do plenty of stuff besides being stuffed here all day so i am really surprised :embSwan:

I'm actually rooting for Canada to win Team Gold. I'm not holding Patio against the rest of them... :devil:

And I've softened on him anyway. Like Yuzu, he keeps improving his skating. If not his public speaking :rofl2:

I have nothing against Canada, I actually really like a lot of them - Kaetlyn & Gabby or V/M for example. I just like team Russia even more :pbow:

I'm actually rooting for Canada to win Team Gold. I'm not holding Patio against the rest of them... :devil:

And I've softened on him anyway. Like Yuzu, he keeps improving his skating. If not his public speaking :rofl2:

I have nothing against Canada, I actually really like a lot of them - Kaetlyn & Gabby or V/M for example. I just like team Russia even more :pbow:

I like Team Russia too. May the best team win! (I guess I should be rooting for Team USA, but I fail at patriotism. Get a medal! Maybe not bronze! Woot.)

I'm listening to the latest PJ Kwong podcast with Takeshi Honda... God he speaks english so well ! And Dai speaks well english too !

Why can't Yuzu speak as well as them ? :cry: :cry: :cry:

He can't be bothered to practise it. :space:

I like Team Russia too. May the best team win! (I guess I should be rooting for Team USA, but I fail at patriotism. Get a medal! Maybe not bronze! Woot.)

I never understood the concept of patriotism in these cases... why does someone being born in the same country make people want to root for them? It's about their skating. If I don't like it, I don't like it.

And my fave team after Russia is actually China. So many cuties :pbow: