General Yuzuru Chat

41 minutes ago, Syless Jinx said:

Just realized if you dont count SCA, Yuzu is skating in only Asia (sorta since Russia is Eurasia)

Worlds are in Europe this season. And Yuzu is really competetive, so I don't think he would just say bye to possibility of defending his title if he will be more or less ok after Olys 

4 minutes ago, Dori6886 said:

Worlds are in Europe this season. And Yuzu is really competetive, so I don't think he would just say bye to possibility of defending his title if he will be more or less ok after Olys 

Japan fed is doomed if Yuzu suddenly decides to not go to Worlds :slinkaway:

that's why I think Yuzu is almost 100% will be there if he's healthy

45 minutes ago, Dori6886 said:

Oh, is it bad that I forgot about Worlds :slinkaway: TOO FOCUSED ON THE OLYMPICS!

Catching up...

I wouldn't worry too much about Yuzu this season guys.

Some factoids:
- So far in the GPs Yuzu has the highest PCS in SP and FS and he wasn't even clean.
- Yuzu also got the most GOE awarded in the FS

- While it's a bit early to really say Shoma has a trend going since it's only his 3rd senior season... While Yuzuru tends to do pretty bad his first 2 events and then do really well at GPF and Worlds Shoma so far tends to do well at his GP events and then do not-so-great at GPF and Nationals. 

- Yuzuru shows continuous growth from season to season. The only season he didn't show much growth was 14-15 and he bounced back from that tremendously. Last season he also didn't have (much of) an increase in his averages for GOE, PCS and average total score but is already showing bounce-back from that.

- Yuzuru average GOEs for almost every jump are higher than Shoma's and Yuzuru has the downside here of me using data from 2010 onward. 

Is Shoma/Nathan/Boyang a threat? Sure. But. No more than Javier :shrug:  For someone getting labelled as being consistent, Shoma does not have higher jump consistency than Yuzuru. Even last season the only jump of Yuzuru's below 60% consistency was the 4S3T. Shoma has 5 jumps and combos under 50% for positive GOE compared to Yuzuru's 3 (excluding jumps that he doesn't use anymore or only attempted once). Shoma has a good momentum right now but I really worry about him peaking too soon or burning himself out. I guess we'll see how it goes but regardless Yuzuru doesn't need to rely on Shoma or anyone else doing badly, he just needs to do well and....rotate his jumps. :laughing: 

Shoma is def getting some PCS fluffing but there's only so much hey can do with that. With all the top men in the same competition, it would be really hard to justify scoring anyone's PCS over Yuzuru's (unless he totally bombs but we're past the point where Yuzuru typically does that). Yuzu might not have the younger dudes on BV but he has them on GOE and PCS and the BV gap is not big enough for them to sneak ahead of him if Yuzuru skates clean by even the most generous of definitions.