General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

maybe he found the way to turn into a fly and slip inside TCC...:devilYuzu:

more seriously, are there italian skaters or coaches at TCC? Or maybe Max has so many international buddies... btw he's not always right, back in 2015 he thought Yuzuru would rahter drop his 3F as third jump and put 4Lo for a 3 types of quads layout, and we all know the 3F stayed:laughing:

:oops:sorry, maybe I'm wrong, my brain is kinda scrambled right now (and I'm following a thousand threads). I remembered by GPF 2016 the success rate was 30% for Lz, I'll have to check

I think Max mentioned at 4CC(?) the success rate of 4Lz was at 60%. Don't really remember anything about 30% from last season. 

I was looking forward to a season where I didn't have to worry about the SP. :sadPooh: And his Loop is SO BEAUTIFUL. But he is the King of Extra(tm) and that's why I'm here and I guess I'll just stock up on the chocolate/cakes/alcohol. :darklordyuzu:

I'm so excited about the 4A tho.:colorful-banana-smiley-emoticon:

2 minutes ago, cirelle said:

I was looking forward to a season where I didn't have to worry about the SP. :sadPooh: And his Loop is SO BEAUTIFUL. But he is the King of Extra(tm) and that's why I'm here and I guess I'll just stock up on the chocolate/cakes/alcohol. :darklordyuzu:

I'm so excited about the 4A tho.:colorful-banana-smiley-emoticon:

I'm excited but also 1) sceptic and 2) don't actually want to see him even attempt that before worlds (I kinda want him to do it then just because of the BV nerf next season..)

So there are are countless reasons why Yuzu is not showing or practicing 4lz and 4A in public. Unlike 4lo and its various fancams. Do you think maybe one of the reasons aside from trolling or keeping the hype low, is to make sure his other competitors (aside from Javi obviously) do not get an advantage of seeing a landed/wip jump? I know he got the image of the 4lz from Boyang and Shoma got the image of 4lo from him so just wondering, hm.

1 minute ago, Forcefield said:

So there are are countless reasons why Yuzu is not showing or practicing 4lz and 4A in public. Unlike 4lo and its various fancams. Do you think maybe one of the reasons aside from trolling or keeping the hype low, is to make sure his other competitors (aside from Javi obviously) do not get an advantage of seeing a landed/wip jump? I know he got the image of the 4lz from Boyang and Shoma got the image of 4lo from him so just wondering, hm.

But the lutz wasn't a new jump while the loop was.  But otherwise I guess it's hype. Or maybe it's smoke and mirrors, lol.  

6 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

I'm excited but also 1) sceptic and 2) don't actually want to see him even attempt that before worlds (I kinda want him to do it then just because of the BV nerf next season..)

Since I just decided I'm definitively going to Milan (wooo!) I would LOVE for him to get a 15 BV 4A there. :devilYuzu:

30 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I think Max mentioned at 4CC(?) the success rate of 4Lz was at 60%. Don't really remember anything about 30% from last season. 

I must have dreamed that 30% because I couldn't find it sorry:slinkaway:(there must have been a time when 4Lz had that 30% though:P)

I'll edit my post

Yuzu won't be doing any 4As this season. Especially when it's only at 30% success rate and he's not going to be training it during the season if he wants to be healthy for Olympics; and without training, he's not gonna do it at Worlds. :P

Unless it's during the gala....

6 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

But the lutz wasn't a new jump while the loop was.  But otherwise I guess it's hype. Or maybe it's smoke and mirrors, lol.  

Yea I was mainly referring to the 4A more than the 4Lz. I mean its a new shiny toy that would blow the roof off everywhere like the lutz did when it came out, maybe will even more. The verdict now is that people have been practicing it but no one has landed it yet, and only because we follow Yuzu and believe in his prowess do we know he has done it (although I'm amazed he's not flaunting it tbh). Yuzu doesn't need any more hype, or pressure, so maybe that's it. Along with other reasons like health.

1) I listened again the podcast to be sure (the volume of audio of Max's parts is not always the best: they assure the problem will be fixed for the next podcasts) and he says that: Yuzuru in training is capable to "close" literally 5 type of quads on six type of jumps; that one he is not developing is the 4Flip, but rather the 4A, that he is be capable to "close" at around of 30% of the attempts.

And then he underlines in conclusion: We are speaking of 4A...we will see it in the next seasons...but the novelty of this season is the Lutz.

In Italian: "Yuzuru è un atleta che in allenamento chiude comodamente 5 quadrupli di 6, quello che non ha sviluppato è il (4)Flip, invece l'Axel (quadruplo) lo chiude, magari con il 30% (di possibilità) ma lo chiude...il 4Axel, non so se mi spiego, lo vedremo in gara nelle stagioni che verranno....ma la novità di quest'anno è il 4Lutz."

2) I do think that Yuzuru has not showed so much of 4Lutz and, more, of 4Axel, in the first case because it is not at the level in terms of beauty that he wants yet, and in the second because the succes rate is still too low.

But there could be also other reasons that others have already mentioned.

6 minutes ago, fireovertheice said:

2) I do think that Yuzuru has not showed so much of 4Lutz and, more, of 4Axel, in the first case because it is not at the level in terms of beauty that he wants yet, and in the second because the succes rate is still to low.

But there could be also other reasons that others have already mentioned.

Yuzu has done public 4Lz attempts through the years, though. He's just either fell or popped them. Aside from WTT 2017's one, that one he 'landed'. So it's not like he's hiding it. He just doesn't feel the need to jump a quad in galas that everyone and their mother are doing now (edit: and especially if before this summer its success rate wasn't trustworthy yet). He'll start jumping it publicly when he's using it in his programs. Likely the soonest will be at COR. 

14 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Yuzu won't be doing any 4As this season. Especially when it's only at 30% success rate and he's not going to be training it during the season if he wants to be healthy for Olympics; and without training, he's not gonna do it at Worlds. :P

I could live with that too... but yeah, I know the lutz is the new baby. Twins would be too overkill even for him. :13877886:

15 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I know, I'm just bitter about that BV reduction.. :yznotimpressed: