General Yuzuru Chat

I don't know if this is legit or not.

----

Brian Orser: "Hanyu tested 4A, 4Lz, not so much 4F, but the decision on content for the Olympic Games has not yet been made".

Coach of the Japanese figure skater Yudzuru Khanyu Brian Orser told about his jumping over his pupil in the Olympic season. 

"Yuzuru tested a quadruple lutz, a quadruple axel, but not so much a quad flip.  We have two more weeks before we decide on the layout, we need to think about what content to perform at the Olympics. 

So far, nothing has been confirmed, but everything depends on Yuzuru himself.  We must approach the decision smartly and strategically, "Orser said.

Брайан Орсер: «Ханю тестировал 4A, 4Lz, не так сильно 4F, но решение о контенте на Олимпийские Игры пока не принято»

Тренер японского фигуриста Юдзуру Ханю Брайан Орсер рассказал, над какими прыжками работает его ученик в олимпийском сезоне.

«Юдзуру тестировал четверной лутц, четверной аксель, но не так сильно четверной флип. У нас есть еще две недели, прежде чем мы примем решение о макете, мы должны подумать, какой контент исполнять на Олимпийских играх.

Пока ничего не подтверждено, но все зависит от самого Юдзуру. Мы должны подойти к решению умно и стратегически», — сказал Орсер.

from https://www.facebook.com/groups/inskate/permalink/809678689206337/

24 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I haven't come across Fanyus who are disrespectful towards other skaters though. Sure, maybe you won't use sugar-coated tones and words for all of them, especially if you are bitter about injustices that have happened (see: 4cc 2017, which was the first competition I watched live in streaming, and the first time I had a taste of federation inflation). But no Hanyu fan would dream of booing other skaters, or wishing them ill. 

Lol are you sure because there have def been some on this forum.

Again, critique of any skater is fair game and is a natural thing, but some really do have this vitriolic approach to pointing out Shoma's flaws that is just NAGL. Calling foul on some aspects of Nathan's scoring was one thing, but fixating on it all the way to the run up to worlds and losing interest when he reported boot issues and lost some of his threat status is another. Thinking Shoma's jumps lack good technique and wondering when his knees are gonna give out/wishing he'd lift his free leg is one thing, fixating on his sloppy technique, slowing down clips and going on a crusade that all his jumps should be downgraded is ridiculous. And there are users on here that have this over-zealous glee in going in on Shoma's flaws to discredit him in any way of being a rival for Yuzuru. Which is sad because Shoma has a lot of respect and admiration for Yuzuru, and Yuzu seems very fond of Shoma and seems to rather enjoy having a friendly rival on the scene from Japan. 

Like...I really didn't like Nathan's FS last season and thought his PCS at 4CC was total bullshit but the only thing i want from that is for him to improve and earn the PCS scores. I don't think Shoma is a good jumper but he really sold his programs last year, I want him to improve and earn the goe he gets. I'd LIKE fair and sensible judging. Some people are just really mean spirited about it and disrespectful.

5 minutes ago, meoima said:

----

Brian Orser: "Hanyu tested 4A, 4Lz, not so much 4F, but the decision on content for the Olympic Games has not yet been made".

Coach of the Japanese figure skater Yudzuru Khanyu Brian Orser told about his jumping over his pupil in the Olympic season. 

"Yuzuru tested a quadruple lutz, a quadruple axel, but not so much a quad flip.  We have two more weeks before we decide on the layout, we need to think about what content to perform at the Olympics. 

So far, nothing has been confirmed, but everything depends on Yuzuru himself.  We must approach the decision smartly and strategically, "Orser said.

lol I'll believe it if they show me a proper source and not just a typed Facebook post translated from typed Russian. Don't doubt there might be a grain of truth in there somewhere but it's so vague it's not worth freaking out about and nothing we haven't already heard/speculated on before

2 minutes ago, meoima said:

----

"Yuzuru tested a quadrupile lutz, a quadruple axel, but not so much a quad flip.  We have two more weeks before we decide on the layout, we need to think about what content to perform at the Olympics. 

Брайан Орсер: «Ханю тестировал 4A, 4Lz, не так сильно 4F, но решение о контенте на Олимпийские Игры пока не принято»

Тренер японского фигуриста Юдзуру Ханю Брайан Орсер рассказал, над какими прыжками работает его ученик в олимпийском сезоне.

«Юдзуру тестировал четверной лутц, четверной аксель, но не так сильно четверной флип. У нас есть еще две недели, прежде чем мы примем решение о макете, мы должны подумать, какой контент исполнять на Олимпийских играх.

Пока ничего не подтверждено, но все зависит от самого Юдзуру. Мы должны подойти к решению умно и стратегически», — сказал Орсер.

:knc_tracy1:Who conducted this interview?

hace 15 minutos , meoima said:

----

I am trying to investigate the source. It seems to be a FB group with mostly Russian members. They publish FS news and rumours from unknown sources. I don't know if we can believe any of it.

ETA Other publications are true,  I've seen them before in other russian media.

5 minutes ago, Floria said:

I am trying to investigate the source. It seems to be a FB group with mostly Russian members. They publish FS news and rumours from unknown sources. I don't know if we can believe any of it.

My friend said actually Orser told Japanese media, in BBmock or so. So this Russian part is also just a translation. 

Anyway, "testing out" just means "trying it out". So there is no reason to panic. Yes of course he has to train all those jumps in practice. Most skaters are training like that. It's not a big deal. It's only a big deal if he decides to put them in the layout which I highly doubt it. 

Gosh, the way information travels. The original post which started that 4Lz and 4A story comes from GS - someone just told the gist of what they read in the Figure Skating Magazine. Someone google-translated it into Russian, published it and thence it started its travel.

Let's wait and see if some translation of that interview is made by someone like gladi. Before that, I'd take it with a grain of salt. 

8 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

Lol are you sure because there have def been some on this forum.

Again, critique of any skater is fair game and is a natural thing, but some really do have this vitriolic approach to pointing out Shoma's flaws that is just NAGL. Calling foul on some aspects of Nathan's scoring was one thing, but fixating on it all the way to the run up to worlds and losing interest when he reported boot issues and lost some of his threat status is another. Thinking Shoma's jumps lack good technique and wondering when his knees are gonna give out/wishing he'd lift his free leg is one thing, fixating on his sloppy technique, slowing down clips and going on a crusade that all his jumps should be downgraded is ridiculous. And there are users on here that have this over-zealous glee in going in on Shoma's flaws to discredit him in any way of being a rival for Yuzuru. Which is sad because Shoma has a lot of respect and admiration for Yuzuru, and Yuzu seems very fond of Shoma and seems to rather enjoy having a friendly rival on the scene from Japan. 

Like...I really didn't like Nathan's FS last season and thought his PCS at 4CC was total bullshit but the only thing i want from that is for him to improve and earn the PCS scores. I don't think Shoma is a good jumper but he really sold his programs last year, I want him to improve and earn the goe he gets. I'd LIKE fair and sensible judging. Some people are just really mean spirited about it and disrespectful.

I'll just go into spoiler because this is a little too OT!

Spoiler

I remember the discussion which you took to heart because you deemed it (especially one comment) disrespectful. Unfortunately, I don't agree with you, and actually found your tone in that case to be a little disrespectful, specifically the way in which you insisted that other people's ideas were 'ridiculous' (at least, it would have hurt me to be the one receiving such words). I understood your point of view at the time, but I just wished that you had stopped and asked yourself whether you and that person gave the same meaning and weight to the words that you were discussing on. Whenever a discussion gets too heated, it's because either the people involved want to get angry, or they are not able to understand the point of view of other people involved. I think in your case both of you had completely no intention of being disrespectful, that's why I absolutely don't think you or the other person are impolite or whatever. I've had clashes with people here before, but it was never because they were realistically rude (or I was realistically rude), it was always because of different weight to words and different points of view. While someone might discuss Shoma's strategy, jumping wise, just guessing what Shoma's team is thinking, and even questioning Shoma's ability to be aware of his own flaws, in an innocent way, you might take it as an attack, and inadvertedly attack back yourself.

The point is: there is no absolute truth in discussions. Please don't judge people and put an etiquette over their heads that says 'disrespectful' only because you had that impression, because someone might do the same thing to you c: 

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

It's legit. yude at GS did a similar translation of Orser's interview. I'm sure @gladi is on it.

I am sure it's legit. We all knew he was training 4A, the surprising part is that... Orser knows this! He has seen it! So Yuzuru has moved from 'training 4A behind Brian's back' to 'training it in front of his face' :laughing:

Anyways, half the people here were 100% sure Yuzu was going to put 4Lz in. I, for one, should have listened to them xD 

3 minutes ago, katonice said:

I was ready to dismiss it because it contradicts most of what they told the press during open practice, in particular re: the jump layout. But then I remember the words, "Trollzuru Hanyu"...

At least everyone else around him are giving bits and pieces away :knc_brian2:

Yes, it's from Brian's interview on Baseball Magazine.

I thought it's already been translated into English, but obviously not yet?

(We Japanese fans all talked about it on internet when the magazine published.)

There is so much content there so it must be difficult for all of them to be translated.

It took like one hour and half for me to read through it.

Anyway, Brian talked thus but Yuzu seemed to decide his plan without telling Brian

because Yuzu's interview was after Brian's talking to media.

30 minutes ago, meoima said:

----

9 minutes ago, Fay said:

Gosh, the way information travels. The original post which started that 4Lz and 4A story comes from GS - someone just told the gist of what they read in the Figure Skating Magazine. Someone google-translated it into Russian, published it and thence it started its travel.

Let's wait and see if some translation of that interview is made by someone like gladi. Before that, I'd take it with a grain of salt. 

Yeah I am banned from GS so I didn't know about that. Apparently I have no doubt about 4lz. But 4A is a different story. From Ambesi, we already knew Yuzuru did land the 4A in practice anyway. It's just I am quite surprised that Orser mentioned both 4Lz and 4A to a Japanese magazine.

However, reading the original quotes from Yude, I can see that it's just some testing out. We have known all skaters train crazy things in practice so it's not something of a big deal.