General Yuzuru Chat

This is a real phenomenon- I have the first dvd and a calendar from 2017 that is still on my kitchen wall that one of my children bought me, but I do suddenly have this impulse to go on the internet and buy….a doll….or yuzu Pooh….or something.  I’m not sure hanyuconomy is a strong enough word for this… compulsion.

Guest turquoiseblue
15 hours ago, Elly said:

Awwww.... Now I have Baby Swan for my rank. How do I stay here forever? Anyone know if we can freeze the rank somehow? :tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg:

There was an option to have a custom rank before. My first custom rank was Three Turn and then I upgraded it to Bracket Turn :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg: I miss that feature :tumblr_inline_n2pjd8JxGM1qdlkyg:

The musical edit that Yuzu used for his short programme Roncapu, the music is only 2 min 50 for the performance.

The full length piece contains a development section which transitions into the flair of rapid trills and spectacular arpeggios and a lilting, warm, lyrical section. This was not included in the SP. The music was originally composed by Camille Saint Saens for the violinist virtuoso Pablo Sarasate. The violin performance is something quite different from the precision of the piano arrangement.

When Yuzu performed Roncapu, SL Bourne mentioned in her interview about the choreo, that the piece was a reflection of Yuzu's skating life, the isolation, light of performing, introspection, the cold of the rink. This may seem a little melancholic, but there is also the joy of creating things alone with the rink as a blank canvas upon which to work, being able to concentrate without interference. Being alone is not necessarily lonely, Yuzu has even stated that he needs these times alone to be able to focus.

It will be interesting if Yuzu uses more of the music, the musical theme repeats in terms of rhythm and cadence, hence the use of the term restatement. Perhaps, using a longer version of the composition, using parts of the piece which venture into the lyrical part of the piece, the expression 'cantabile' comes to mind meaning singing. Yuzu skating to a longer edit (and possibly even using a violin performance) might symbolise Yuzu moving forward. Now that Yuzu is liberated from competitions, he is rediscovering the creative freedoms of programmes, without time constraints and rules of mandatory elements. Yuzu is very much the soloist and maestro. This inaugural performance as o professional athlete is greatly anticipated and certain to be an even greater masterpiece.

Thank you kindly for your indulgence.

This performance is by Maxim Vengerov, virtuoso violinist

4 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

This is a real phenomenon- I have the first dvd and a calendar from 2017 that is still on my kitchen wall that one of my children bought me, but I do suddenly have this impulse to go on the internet and buy….a doll….or yuzu Pooh….or something.  I’m not sure hanyuconomy is a strong enough word for this… compulsion.

The only Yuzu items I got since becoming his fan were the Phiten necklaces. I don’t have the latest wings one though. I’ve been a fan for years and I definitely don’t need a plush tissue cover but my Yuzu Pooh tissue box is on its way. I regret not getting a similar Old Man Pooh-san case when I saw it being sold years ago. This impulsiveness is going to be the death of my bank account. RIP.  However, apart from the Aoi Hono books, I do not have interest in the photo books or clear files because those tend to gather dust on my shelves. 

Hi! It's been a while since my last post in this thread. I have been busy in real life these several months, and it took a long time to catch up with this thread. It is nice to be able to come back to this place after many things happened since the last time.

By the way, NTV is now airing a program that promotes 24TV. They said Yuzu's segment will be aired around 20:30 JST, but it will be safer to start watching from 20:00 since many of other contents will be aired live and the time table will be fluid.

Looking forward to see Ron-capu again tonight, although I might not be able to watch it live.