General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, Sweetangelyuzu said:

It takes a long time 😊

Yuzu on his pre-comp ritual 😊

This post was tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I watched this video and I think it's his personal ritual (because each skaters are particular themselves) and nothing is left to chance : his team which puts his carpet on the ground and which slips away and without words (we could hear a fly flying) and each movement which is on the chair / while walking / sitting are all studied and surely they are those transmitted to him Kikuchi San and he makes his bottle with his vitamins / trace elements etc ... and by mouth and his food hygiene must be strict, in my opinion and I read above, that he made sacrifices and wanted, because skating is his life and strict with himself and for him it is "normal" not to go out / restaurant / a few friends and especially that of Javi who is exceptional, but he knows how to have a little fun / relax and laugh post competition and in gala and all this to make your dreams come true and to perfection :deadinside:   

6 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Happy New Year! 

Not directly news about Yuzu but because of TTCT, I am sharing the message from the hometown of Uesugi Kenshin.  The article celebrates the fact that he was born in the year of Tiger.   (source: JouEtsu Town Journal)

The statue of Lord Kenshin shows him in the monk's cowl over the warrior's armor, which is how he is often portrayed in historic paintings and dramas.  

The article has interesting info about his life... (perhaps someone will translate? otherwise, I will do so later.)  

Yes! And this new year is the year of the tiger, too! Another one of the mysterious coincidences in Yuzu's life and career?

I mean, what better time for him to achieve even more greatness and make his greatest dreams come true? :pouty:

Guest Mary_kyo

I have been watching Rondo repeatedly since jnats and it still never fails to amaze me how madly difficult and insane that program is. I was thinking about how Yuzu doesn’t need to skate and risk for such madness to “get scores” but he is doing this because of his own skating ideals although ISU’s faulty scoring system never appreciated this perfection. Scoring wise, going for 4A doesn’t make sense either but Yuzu truly “lives and skates in another dimension” (finally me and Mishin agree on sth).  

Actually, Yuzu’s long hiatus from competitions due to injury makes his appearance in jnats even more special and out-standing. The unparalleled quality, passion and completeness was almost nonexistence in the GPS of 2021. While Nathan is obviously going for “safe” empty programs to merely land his jumps consistently, I appreciate that Yuzu is challenging himself to unify the artistic and technical aspects in more and more complex programs. Yuzu doesn’t need a gold in Beijing for his legacy, but I hope Yuzu gets to win because his skating ideals should be the true winner. Not skaters with shallow homophobic, misogyny viewpoints and not skaters with no respect for artistic aspects of FS due to their own lack of skills. May Yuzu’s win save FS from the further downhill.

29 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

I have been watching Rondo repeatedly since jnats and it still never fails to amaze me how madly difficult and insane that program is. I was thinking about how Yuzu doesn’t need to skate and risk for such madness to “get scores” but he is doing this because of his own skating ideals although ISU’s faulty scoring system never appreciated this perfection. Scoring wise, going for 4A doesn’t make sense either but Yuzu truly “lives and skates in another dimension” (finally me and Mishin agree on sth).  

Actually, Yuzu’s long hiatus from competitions due to injury makes his appearance in jnats even more special and out-standing. The unparalleled quality, passion and completeness was almost nonexistence in the GPS of 2021. While Nathan is obviously going for “safe” empty programs to merely land his jumps consistently, I appreciate that Yuzu is challenging himself to unify the artistic and technical aspects in more and more complex programs. Yuzu doesn’t need a gold in Beijing for his legacy, but I hope Yuzu gets to win because his skating ideals should be the true winner. Not skaters with shallow homophobic, misogyny viewpoints and not skaters with no respect for artistic aspects of FS due to their own lack of skills. May Yuzu’s win save FS from the further downhill.

I feel like these Olympics will be like a battleground for the future vision of figure skating, especially in the men's event where there is realistically someone who can win gold from both an artistically empty/technical side, and someone from a complete technical/artistic perspective. Rondo and Tenchi are such a good choice in this regard, and I love the new actions Yuzuru does at the end of Tenchi - it will send a clear message at the Olympics with his bloody slaying of the enemy lol!! (the enemy being the purely technical perspective of the sport rather than any individual I hasten to add! Yuzu is so dramatic I love it!).  Yuzuru really will need to use all the weapons at his disposal to be scored in a way that can beat Nathan, and needs a clean skate in both programmes (what pressure!), but it is still absolutely obvious to anybody with vision (both in the sense of eyesight and a picture of the future of the sport) that Yuzuru is absolutely in a league of his own in the men's event.  I looked at the protocol again yesterday having watched Rondo a trillion times and noticed there was not one 10 in transitions - just how??? after that demonstration of the whole programme practically being packed with beautiful steps and turns and twirls from one element to the next.  

I do feel hopeful that things might be going a bit more in Yuzu's direction but its very near the games and will all the judges and technical panel controllers have had chance to catch up?? (I know, I'm forgetting about the flag/nationality/fed deals here...)

I share and agree your final comment "May Yuzu's win save FS from the further downfall"

Let's send your message to yuzu!

https://www.douban.com/group/topic/251193396/?_i=1140382CNa8ltv

I remember some days ago our member introduced it, sending fanletter to athletes at Beijing Olympics.
It seems we can send the post card (card only, not envelope, not present) directly to Beijing Olympic committee.

They will give them to athletes.
I have sent so many airmails to China at my job.  I think the following address is enough. You can write your address and name in English as well.

Postal code: 100000

Attn: Yuzuru Hanyu

Figure Skating Men single

P.O.Box Beijing 102022

Beijing 100000, China

Please note the deadline is Jan.15.

I think postcards will be sent quickly usually by airmail.

I will dispatch soon from Europe. I guess it will be in time.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
Guest turquoiseblue
2 hours ago, hamaguri said:

Let's send your message to yuzu!

https://www.douban.com/group/topic/251193396/?_i=1140382CNa8ltv

I remember some days ago our member introduced it, sending fanletter to athletes at Beijing Olympics.
It seems we can send the post card (card only, not envelope, not present) directly to Beijing Olympic committee.

They will give them to athletes.
I have sent so many airmails to China at my job.  I think the following address is enough. You can write your address and name in English as well.

Postal code: 100000

Attn: Yuzuru Hanyu

Figure Skating Men single

P.O.Box Beijing 102022

Beijing 100000, China

Please note the deadline is Jan.15.

I think postcards will be sent quickly usually by airmail.

I will dispatch soon from Europe. I guess it will be in time.

I'm concerned that the delivery time might take longer than usual due to the pandemic and Olympics... :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

OT, but I just read Shu-Pa! is leaving twitter bcs she doesn't want to deal with the crap.  Iron Klaus gave up recently due to the amount of hostility she received.  I have relied on both of them for translations and other Yuzu related stuff, and I'm really sad to see them go.  Going to say a prayer now for Axelwithwings for the future. 

21 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

This is probably how he rolls out of bed every morning. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I'm waiting for Yuzu to do 4As on dry land as his warm-up exercise. :pouty:

There's great footage out there of a baby Yuzu popping into a 3A from a standing start at some ice show or other, taken sometime before 2014, not sure when. It's pretty eye-opening to see. 

In other news, my year as a satellite is starting pretty nicely: I got to work today, and the barista at the cafe in the hospital lobby, who is both a fellow fanyu and a fellow ARMY, was absolutely giddy over Yuzu's skates at JNats, so my work year for 2022 has started with a happy fangirling session over our dear boy. It's a good sign! 

Quad Axel-dono, we eagerly await your presence now! :embSwan:

2 hours ago, DancingFeather said:

OT - sorry.

Do we know under which requirements Brian and Team could go to Beijing?

They have to go anyway, they have multiple athletes competing. Assuming China is willing to let coaches/team staff in, Brian & Co, will have to meet all the requirements of any one attending the Games, so, vaxxing and quarantine etc. 

A historical note: I just want to mention that an actual sword that once belonged to Uesugi Kenshin will be exhibited in Tokyo from Jan. 21 to March 25, as part of this show at the Mori Arts Center Gallery:

https://macg.roppongihills.com/en/exhibitions/heroes/index.html

Most of the show is swords and woodblock prints on loan from the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, but they have also added a few works from Japanese collections, including the Kenshin sword.

If you miss the show in Tokyo, it will travel afterward to Niigata (4/23-6/19), Shizuoka (7/2-8/28), and Hyogo (9/10-11/20), according to the MACG website. I wish I could see it, but alas, I probably won’t be able to go to Japan at all this year.