General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Nessie is a nickname for the Loch Ness monster. Like the Loch Ness monster, the 4A is rumored to exist, but has never been seen. That is why The Planet nicknamed the 4A as Nessie – never seen and a monster of a jump.

And hence my avatar -- a nod to Yuzu's stated goal of making friends with the elusive monster.

1 hour ago, holina said:

:pudding::pudding::pudding:

I actually found myself rocking from side to side today sitting at my computer (working from home).  It was very relaxing!  And it made me feel less stiff from sitting all day!

Me too! And I noticed that when I rock my entire upper body from side to side, I can also train my abs. :strong:

:pudding:

:puddingpooh:

9 minutes ago, Paskud said:

I just want Yuzuru to have another moment of glory, with audience screaming so loud that you can't hear music anymore, commentators singing praises in every language possible and whole world falling down at his feet.

Good night.

And hundreds, even thousands, of Poohs raining down from the sky and covering the entire ice rink in yellow and flashes of red. :dancingpooh:

4 hours ago, kiches said:

Judging by what he's said in interview it sounds like the team has been brainstorming about ways he may be able to return to Canada, though none of it sounds sure.

In terms of COVID-19 I think training at home in Sendai is likely safer as he can use the rink on his own at night and limit his own exposure, of course that's given him a lot of freedom to train with his own music and own plans which he seems to really enjoy. The downside of course is he has less oversight or third party to help guide him on things that are harder to figure out on your own, and access to physical therapist - the second part is the most worrying for me. I hope he realizes he shouldn't delay care while in Japan if he needs it (and maybe Kikuchi could unretire for a bit to help him on that front). I do think it would be beneficial if he could return and do some in-person choreography sessions, especially for a new SP.

But I want Yuzu to keep his SP forever :woop:!! I love it, I enjoy it, I even dance and jump when he skates LMEY. Such a huge dose of energy, and furthermore, I do think Yuzu really has fun while skating to LMEY :woop::party2:

2 hours ago, Dreamer said:

I agree Zhulin is full of 🐘💩This is also a very racist remark: about Japanese skaters skating to their cultural music being uninteresting to audiences.

Well, and it's  pretty sad if he also thinks Russian folk music wouldn't be popular either. I suppose that means Tchaikovsky is out, so no more Swan Lake. 

There was literally a pairs couple in 2019 who re-enacyed a whole big battle from Russian history, that no one else knew, on the ice AND scored high for it.  

2 hours ago, Dreamer said:

I love Otonal ... but I want Yuzu to skate to pieces that he owns and feels expresses "Yuzu".

Plus...no more tribute to that trashtalking braying jackass J.🐍☣️🚮

I agree even though i like Otonal I don't think it's the best choice, the step sequence is the best part for me and I really enjoy it but changing the jumps would be even more difficult if he choses this one since he already explored pretty much everything he could achieve with it he's low key done, so maybe going with a brand new program closer to ballade would be more reasonable (I don't think Yuzu's gonna bring a more rocky program like LMEY to the Olympics though) :10636614:

Btw if Yuzu wins his 3rd gold I think it would be so cool to see him performing PW as a gala, would be such an emotional moment to see he perform the program that gave him him his 1st medal   :embSwan:

PS: I just wanted to add that this is so cute i can't  :pudding:

35 minutes ago, Paskud said:

I just want Yuzuru to have another moment of glory, with audience screaming so loud that you can't hear music anymore, commentators singing praises in every language possible and whole world falling down at his feet.

Good night.

Amen to that, I want to be packed in an arena with 5,000 other screaming fans cheering for him and raining Poohs upon him once again.

5 hours ago, Umebachi said:

I have heard Yon Axel used as a contracted/abbreviated version of Yonkaiten Akuseru (Axel).  Japanese like to shorten long words - like LMEY became LemiEn.  I like Yon-chan - sounds like something he would eventually use.  Then we can say that @rockstaryuzu called it into existence, and we will congratulate her for her first effort at coining a new Japanese phrase. 

Thanks:tumblr_m9gcv6So5s1qzckow:. I love "LemiEn", it sounds like 'Let me in!' which of course is what Yuzu wants the judges to do, let his skating into their hearts. 

18 hours ago, Melodie said:

(And then Liza Tuktik skating to something JPN with a sort of JPN costume is cool and innovative because apparently everyone will get it ....)

Call me petty but now I want Yuzuru to go full on Japanese for both the short and the free. Just to shove his Japanese-ness in the judges faces.

How about a medley by Arashi? Extra points if Arashi's own Sakurai Sho has to interview Yuzu about his "musical selections". I may die laughing. FYI for the non-Japanese crowd this is Sho. Only in Japan can one be an pop idol / rapper / actor ... and serious news caster?

Or One OK Rock if we want to keep a harder rock sound like LMEY. I want to see the fans rock out while the judges remain clueless. And we know Yuzu knows the words.:10814716:

16 hours ago, swan_queen said:

I barely know how to count in Japanese and yet "yon kaiten" has been drilled into me through all the Yuzu interviews I have watched

So yeah, if I ever go to Japan again all the locals will be like "what's with this random tourist walking around who only knows how to say 'four rotations'" :pudding:

Just say 'Hanyu-sensshu' or 'Hanyu-kun' and they will understand immediately,  I'm willing to wager. 

15 hours ago, hananistellata said:

Oh my God, the Loch Ness monster. I knew Nessie sounded familiar. :darklordyuzu:

No wonder the first thing that came to my mind was the "YOU NAMED MY DAUGHTER AFTER THE LOCH NESS MONSTER?!" scene from Twilight. That's probably gonna be Yuzu's reaction when he finds out that we indeed named his daughter (son?... child?... partner?...) after the Loch Ness monster.

Pretty sure Yuzu's quest for 4A is definitely a better love story than Twilight :P

15 hours ago, kiches said:

Judging by what he's said in interview it sounds like the team has been brainstorming about ways he may be able to return to Canada, though none of it sounds sure.

Flying to the US and crossing the border by land would at least eliminate the mandatory 3-day hotel quarantine, if not the 14 day regular quarantine.  But he'd still have to convince Customs to let him in in the first place. 

15 hours ago, hananistellata said:

Do you guys think Yuzuru listens to Queen? I've seen that one clip of him jamming to one of their songs at a gala but I know nothing beyond that.

Even if he doesn't listen to it, Queen is so iconic that there's no way he wouldn't know at least a couple of songs. 

But Japan has plenty of great rockers he could use. 

15 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I have to share this quickly, because I can't stop laughing :happy0007:

(This was mom's suggestion)

If everyone mocks Yuzu for his music choices, why not do a two week long public voting on the official ISU homepage, what the people want to see the most?

Here come the voting options that make you shiver and you can only pick ONE :muahaha:

1. Let me entertain you one more season!!
  2. Give me REAL ass shaking in Despacito!!
  3. Let me recycle Chopin 5.0!!
  4. Ultraman!!
  5. I don't care about deductions and smash my friggin glove away in Masquerade!!
  6. I am Carmen! Not Don José. CARMEN! Got it??!!
  7. Yuzurina wants to break free!!
  8. I want to land that 4A baby on ROOOOOXANNE!!
  9. Hakuna Matataaaaaa!!
  10. I keep on FALLIN' in and out of love with ICE-CHAN!!

What would be your choice, if all was real? :hihi:

#11. Message In A BottleTo the ISU 

15 hours ago, barbara said:

There is also plenty of talk here that the US will boycott them.

I think it's also not out of the question for Beijing to either disinvite Canada over the Meng case, or for Canada to boycott the Games for the same reason.

15 hours ago, Geo1 said:

I apologize for quoting myself, but I had an afterthought that after Yuzu competitively tames Nessie we might consider calling it “Yon-han-chan” – 4 ½ chan – to distinguish it from other quads.

I could see that morphing into 'Han Yan-chan' sooooo quickly.... or just 'Han-chan'.... perhaps, once she arrives, we should give her the respect due such a grande dame  and call her Duchess Axel. Or perhaps Axel-dono, 'dono' being equivalent to 'Lady