General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Dreamer said:

IMO: superficial as in people often judging others by their cover, by what they wear in clothing or accessories

or the world where consumers are encouraged by advertising to buy, buy and buy.  Where most clothing is not meant to last as you are meant to buy replacements, possible before they wear out.  A world where people may spend more money than they can afford to buy an article of clothing that is more than their rent.

the market aspect of the fashion industry is surely terrible,I agree as it is terrible the fashion dictat:if this season 'in' color is red and you want tsomething blue good luck with it.

this said is a vital source of income for a lot of people and also a matter of pride for us :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

I don't know about Yuzuru but i have one word for you(well 3 actually)Armani white t-shirt:graucho: (or the black one if you prefer)

24 minutes ago, mercedes said:

the market aspect of the fashion industry is surely terrible,I agree as it is terrible the fashion dictat:if this season 'in' color is red and you want tsomething blue good luck with it.

this said is a vital source of income for a lot of people and also a matter of pride for us :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

I don't know about Yuzuru but i have one word for you(well 3 actually)Armani white t-shirt:graucho: (or the black one if you prefer)

Italian artisans definitely rule the roost

Right now a white T shirt or a black T shirt can get you beaten up by the other side in HK...so I am going to go for colors

For me it's the hairdo and the camera angle that makes Yuzu looks different in that Ghana chocolate pack (not sure if the horrendous pink top has any influence on making him not look like his usual self, but it certainly doesn't help making him look good). And why that shade of pink -_- , why don't just dress him in red yet again? (At least you can adjust with the packaging base color better 😑)

About fashion... In spoilers because of veering off topic

Spoiler

I always flip-flopped on viewing the (personal) importance of fashion — as someone who grew up imposed to my mom's choice of fashion it made me into someone who never really cared for fashion at all, but later I started cared a little more about it. I now realize the importance of minding how you present yourself (which includes clothing choice), though I am never the one who follow fashion trends vigorously (the indifference remains).

Fashion industry, being the way it is, might not be the most sustainable industry out there, especially compounded by the volatility of the market — that said, I don't think a clothing article loses its value just because some (or even all) people deemed it as something superficial.

I guess I just believe that every thing has an intrinsic value, regardless of its utility or anything else. I know, such a weird thing to be idealistic about. I...just wanted to write out this nagging thought when I read posts here about fashion I guess? Anyhow...

Speaking of Yuzu and his fashion sense off ice, I doubt that he'd be indifferent about how he presented himself off ice for the rest of his life, especially considering how he is such a thoughtful and thorough person. He might be most focused on his skating life, but it isn't like he barely takes care of his non-skating life at all albeit with a little help from mama Yumi still :'3 . He'd might eventually take care of how he presents himself although yes the chance remains slim, if it even exist at all , either by his own volition (or again, perhaps by the gentle nudge from mama Yumi :lol:)

1 hour ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

For me it's the hairdo and the camera angle that makes Yuzu looks different in that Ghana chocolate pack (not sure if the horrendous pink top has any influence on making him not look like his usual self, but it certainly doesn't help making him look good). And why that shade of pink -_- , why don't just dress him in red yet again? (At least you can adjust with the packaging base color better 😑)

About fashion... In spoilers because of veering off topic

Hide contents

I always flip-flopped on viewing the (personal) importance of fashion — as someone who grew up imposed to my mom's choice of fashion it made me into someone who never really cared for fashion at all, but later I started cared a little more about it. I now realize the importance of minding how you present yourself (which includes clothing choice), though I am never the one who follow fashion trends vigorously (the indifference remains).

Fashion industry, being the way it is, might not be the most sustainable industry out there, especially compounded by the volatility of the market — that said, I don't think a clothing article loses its value just because some (or even all) people deemed it as something superficial.

I guess I just believe that every thing has an intrinsic value, regardless of its utility or anything else. I know, such a weird thing to be idealistic about. I...just wanted to write out this nagging thought when I read posts here about fashion I guess? Anyhow...

Speaking of Yuzu and his fashion sense off ice, I doubt that he'd be indifferent about how he presented himself off ice for the rest of his life, especially considering how he is such a thoughtful and thorough person. He might be most focused on his skating life, but it isn't like he barely takes care of his non-skating life at all albeit with a little help from mama Yumi still :'3 . He'd might eventually take care of how he presents himself although yes the chance remains slim, if it even exist at all , either by his own volition (or again, perhaps by the gentle nudge from mama Yumi :lol:)

I was thinking about fashion in the last weeks/months. My first nudge in this direction of thinking was the death of Karl Lagerfeld, the second that I was ill and had to have an operation and much time afterwards to indulge in watching old, and loved, music videos of David Bowie.

I think that fashion is very, very multi— layered. It can be an expression of art and money, as in the fashion industry, and it can be integral to performance of genius, as with Bowie — or Hanyu Yuzuru. It may be that this comparison comes of my weakened state of mind after the operation, but I just came to think: I really do not know what kind of clothes David Bowie wore as a private person! 

But I am in awe about his fashion sense in relation to his art, as I am with Yuzuru.

To me, it is a very complex discussion, art, fashion and artists, and I realized through these awful Ghana photos how very complex it is, and how much I regard Yuzuru as an artist, not „ only“ a sportsman.

Sorry for my ramblings!

A  nice weekend to all and thank you for reading! 

( I am looking forward so much to music, costumes, and everything😊😊) . 

And I love to have this place here to post thoughts about Ghana, Bowie, Yuzuru, music, fashion and art😊:pbow:.

...I did not write about it, but I am aware of the overall expression of change in society via fashion: that women do not have to wear corsets any more in western society, etc, and for example, but this is a different topic — I just wanted to write about fashion and Yuzuru as a private person/ as an artist. 

1 hour ago, raebia said:

but I just came to think: I really do not know what kind of clothes David Bowie wore as a private person! 

Judging from fan accounts' paparazzi(!) photos, Bowie's (and Iman too, sometimes(?) ) clothes seemed to be preppy casual (complete with hat, sunglasses, and coat for cooler seasons), especially in the 2010s, when he worked at a theater in New York. Definitely something respectable ;)

1 hour ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Judging from fan accounts' paparazzi(!) photos, Bowie's (and Iman too, sometimes(?) ) clothes seemed to be preppy casual (complete with hat, sunglasses, and coat for cooler seasons), especially in the 2010s, when he worked at a theater in New York. Definitely something respectable ;)

For both Yuzu and Bowie and quite a lot of performers, costumes are part of their tools of trade,  and therefore (as with a musician who takes infinite pains with their instrument) no amount of attention, detail and trouble is too great.

But off ice, Yuzu seems to be a normal young man who really doesn't care too much how he looks (I've no doubt he is aware, if somewhat amazed, that a staggering number of people think he is incredibly beautiful) as long as he's decent, fits the occasion and comfortable :) And I think I read somewhere that when doing ads, he puts himself entirely in the hands of the company and ad firm - they are paying so they can have what they want.  I could be wring, but I do vaguely recall something to that effect.

5 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

@raebia I hope you are fully recovered by now (or close to full recovery) :smiley-angelic001:, sending healing energy your way :smiley-angelic001::smiley-angelic001::smiley-angelic001: <3 <3 <3

Thank you!:thanks:,

I am much better, and I will be back to work on Monday. Doctor says to take it slowly until October😊

Thank you so much!