General Yuzuru Chat

59 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Doesn't he like making puns? :xD:

From this video translated by tsukihoshi14 @ tumblr:

I: I think you don’t realize it, but you are not only a genius skater, but also a genius at expression (表情:hyoujou).

Y: Oh no no…. But only when I’m on ice (氷上:hyoujou), right? 

I: Omg this XD *laughs* 

Note: In Japanese, “expression” and “on ice” have the same pronunciation but different characters.

Another pun from yuzuland + yuzusorbet @ tumblr:

“Our enemy is not Honnouji” - a pun from the idiom “Our enemy is at Honnouji 敵は本能寺にあり” (meaning one’s true intention lies somewhere/when someone has ulterior motives)

*Honno-ji is where Nobunari Oda’s ancestor (Oda Nobunaga) was assassinated in 1582. Yuzu probably mentioned the idiom with a twist because Nobunari Oda was present at that interview too. And Nobu-kun loved it; he said “UMAI !!!!” (awesome!!!) And the smile Yuzu gave him is so cute!!!

tumblr_nyl5kh5Jld1rqryl2o1_500.gif

Could he be any more perfect?:bow:

and I'm :Poohgaveup:

52 分ぐらい, Taco said:

Look at this pic -> 

May I interrupt here. Just want to make sure whether or not you realized what was written here so as to describe the photo. As seen on the date, it was April 1, 2014. Yes, it looked like all were done on purpose to cheat you on April Fool. ("The person inside Domo-kun was in fact...")

:thankyou:

Just now, MrPudding said:

My question is does he actually sing the national anthem during the victory ceremony :rofl:

I think he does and I don't think it actually sounds pleasant to the other competitors' ears :rofl: At least he has the decency to lip sync than actually sing during the warm ups :space:

29 minutes ago, meoima said:

His singing voice sounds... horrible 

Hmmm... Well he's not really singing there :P he was just asked to say "White" for the cm in that tone. If you watch the cm you'll see why he had to use that tone :P

From the way he speaks I feel like he's a not so terrible singer, idk how to explain it and I'm sure there are people here who have more vocal training than me but I feel like he knows how to control his voice at least in an acceptable level :)

12 minutes ago, b138oo said:

I think he does and I don't think it actually sounds pleasant to the other competitors' ears :rofl: At least he has the decency to lip sync than actually sing during the warm ups :space:

Pretty sure he sings it, you can see it if you stare at his throat hahaha

4 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Hmmm... Well he's not really singing there :P he was just asked to say "White" for the cm in that tone. If you watch the cm you'll see why he had to use that tone :P

From the way he speaks I feel like he's a not so terrible singer, idk how to explain it and I'm sure there are people here who have more vocal training than me but I feel like he knows how to control his voice at least in an acceptable level :)

Exactly, for sure he's not a tone deaf, I think he can be decent at singing, no more no less  :laughing:

9 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Pretty sure he sings it, you can see it if you stare at his throat hahaha

Yeah because during the ceremonies he seems to be really belting out those notes :10636614:

They should put a microphone underneath the podium so we can hear him sing:xD:

13 minutes ago, SydneyH said:

Exactly, for sure he's not a tone deaf, I think he can be decent at singing, no more no less  :laughing:

Actually in that clip, he says: "I'm sorry, I'll do it again, I was really tone deaf now." lol so he knew that was bad