General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Aotoshiro said:

Just an addition that Shonen Jump is (was?) publisher for Prince of Tennis. Judging by the style of character's popularity rankings (Valentine chocos anyone?) I would say both author and editors know their main audience are ladies, despite what title of magazine has to say. Also, I know PoT should be considered in a category of it's own with how-let's face it- weird this series is, but all the side productions for it suggest that just because these boys are throwing galaxies at each other through their rackets on the court doesn't mean they cannot be happy, sparkly, pretty/beautiful cutepies/memes, depending on a character. If you reverse it to the blood and sweat in practice and smiles and sparkles on the ice rink, you could make a decent manga about skating and still have it less weird than PoT and definitely more shounen-y.

Also, before somebody misread this-yep, main fanbase are ladies, but current musical based on the manga runs with half of the cast being fans of the original series( some reading it at the original release time!!), so it's not like it's ladies-exclusive amusement...

So in conclusion- f**k oyaji gender norms, give us blood, sweat and sparkles (-ly beauty) this sport consist of!

:clap:

Nowadays Haikyuu (doesn't have sparkles, but) is super popular with the girls too but I guess only boys read shounen jump, huh. :smiley-dance018:

18 minutes ago, moonkat said:

just because the manga  starts out looking "masculine" , doesn't mean it won't develop into something more. 

Especially since it was a oneshot before. They could remove all Yuzu-like poses and moves to use them later. And we don't know the reason for that suicide attempt. What if this was because of bullying and bullies used doing "girly" sport as one of the reasons for bullying. Or maybe later there will be some character who will give a protagonist a hard time for that reason. Let's give this manga a chance :)

4 minutes ago, robin said:

I don't know if I'd be able to watch that movie but I think it's inevitable, someone is going to make that movie someday on the future

But I don't think that a movie can capture his entire life.

Maybe a TV show:pouty:

10 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

:13877886:i was crushing hard on him before i found Yuzu. He's not the best actor but :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: i loved his touhoku accent in ama-chan

I don't know anything about Japanese but does Yuzuru have an accent?

5 minutes ago, singermelodie1 said:

But I don't think that a movie can capture his entire life.

Maybe a TV show:pouty:

I don't know anything about Japanese but does Yuzuru have an accent?

I doubt any genre of media could capure his life tbh!

I've been told Yuzu has a slight Miyagi accent that was stronger in his younger days (but I can't tell cuz I don't speak Japanese lol)