General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, gummybear said:

ehhmmm... I think it's the journalists' fault as they did not do enough research and then just let them published (even if Javi had really confused I think at least the editors/journalists should have fact-check or something...)

It seems like it was Javi's answer, not the journalist's insertions, so if Javi answered like that, it's not the journalist's duty to change his words even if they're not factually correct. 

8 minutes ago, xeyra said:

It seems like it was Javi's answer, not the journalist's insertions, so if Javi answered like that, it's not the journalist's duty to change his words even if they're not factually correct. 

Thanks for your answer! I don't actually know how journalism works, so.....

I guess journalists would rather quote answers....

11 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I think Javi does not know Yuzuru did not go to Japan National last season. 

One more blow for Yuzuvier shippers. They are not that close. 

I think we need to acknowledge that even though Yuzu and Javi are friends when skating, they're not BFFs and Javi's not a Yuzu fan to follow him as closely as we do. It could simply be that he didn't know Yuzu didn't participate in Japanese Nationals last year or it slipped his mind or he somehow made a confusion with WTT - where Shoma did beat Yuzu in the short. Actually he  - and Nathan  - also beat him in the free at GPF, and he also beat him in the short at Worlds... So maybe he was refering to things like that and not overall competitions? Though it seems less likely

Either way, it doesn't matter so much, I think... I think he's still essentially right and Shoma is perhaps the most dangerous of the up and coming skaters... (or so he seems right now; who knows what will happen by the end of the year...)

I wonder how did Javi not remember Yuzu had the flu and did not participate tho, doesn't that mean that Yuzuru actually stayed in Toronto, Canada during the Japanese Nationals? Or did Yuzu stay in Japan anyways? 

Anyways, I do agree Shoma is the most 'dangerous' among youngsters. Not because he's better than Boyang, but because his approach to figure skating is more 'dangerous' - pushing and pushing to make jumps with terrible and risky technique that gets ignored by judges and tech panels for... reasons. 

2 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I wonder how did Javi not remember Yuzu had the flu and did not participate tho, doesn't that mean that Yuzuru actually stayed in Toronto, Canada during the Japanese Nationals? Or did Yuzu stay in Japan anyways? 

Anyways, I do agree Shoma is the most 'dangerous' among youngsters. Not because he's better than Boyang, but because his approach to figure skating is more 'dangerous' - pushing and pushing to make jumps with terrible and risky technique that gets ignored by judges and tech panels for... reasons. 

Yuzu returned to Japan from Marseilles. Of course he stayed in Japan when he was ill, no way he'd fly to Canada with a flu.

3 minutes ago, meoima said:

I think Javi does not know Yuzuru did not go to Japan National last season. 

One more blow for Yuzuvier shippers. They are not that close. 

They've always said they don't hang out beyond the rink, so it shouldn't really be any blow...

The only thing that has me a bit :yznotimpressed: is that he makes it sound like he's watched Shoma in competitions and maybe even the ones he refers to so... if he'd watched Japan Nationals, he should have known Yuzu wasn't there. But he was probably speaking more generally about seeing Shoma compete and I just jumped to conclusions.

8 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I think we need to acknowledge that even though Yuzu and Javi are friends when skating, they're not BFFs and Javi's not a Yuzu fan to follow him as closely as we do. It could simply be that he didn't know Yuzu didn't participate in Japanese Nationals last year or it slipped his mind or he somehow made a confusion with WTT - where Shoma did beat Yuzu in the short. Actually he  - and Nathan  - also beat him in the free at GPF, and he also beat him in the short at Worlds... So maybe he was refering to things like that and not overall competitions? Though it seems less likely

Either way, it doesn't matter so much, I think... I think he's still essentially right and Shoma is perhaps the most dangerous of the up and coming skaters... (or so he seems right now; who knows what will happen by the end of the year...)

It will be Nathan, who will probably do 7 quads in LP with USFA behind his back. 

And even Boyang. 

Just now, KatjaThera said:

They've always said they don't hang out beyond the rink, so it shouldn't really be any blow...

The only thing that has me a bit :yznotimpressed: is that he makes it sound like he's watched Shoma in competitions and maybe even the ones he refers to so... if he'd watched Japan Nationals, he should have known Yuzu wasn't there. But he was probably speaking more generally about seeing Shoma compete and I just jumped to conclusions.

When he mentions that he's seen Shoma competing, it's after he mentions the bit about Shoma beating Yuzu at Japanese Nationals. I assume when he means 'watched' he means the competitions he himself has shared with Shoma before.

7 minutes ago, Dara said:

Yuzu returned to Japan from Marseilles. Of course he stayed in Japan when he was ill, no way he'd fly to Canada with a flu.

Sorry, I assumed Yuzuru was in Toronto because of training. But I suppose he doesn't do much training in the middle of Competition period of the year. 

5 minutes ago, meoima said:

It will be Nathan, who will probably do 7 quads in LP with USFA behind his back. 

And even Boyang. 

I may be a bit too skeptical and maybe wrong, but if Nathan really brings 7 quads in his LP during Olympic year, for me, there are two possibilities:

1) He doesn't deliver, so he has no possibility of winning because a non-perfect Nathan program doesn't win anything
2) He delivers, but the program is so empty of everything else even the judge panel will realize, and will penalize his PCS. Honestly, when you are doing 7 quads, how do you have the strenght and concentration to do high quality spins, steps, step sequences? Answer: you don't. Nathan was barely keeping it together with 5 quads. 

(ps: yay im a tissue box)

" Por lo menos yo me fijaba más en el japonés que en los otros dos porque ya en los Nacionales de Japón una vez ganó a Yuzuru"

well he's clearly talking about nationals here but hey , to not even know that one of your biggest rival withdraw from Nationals for flu ...that's quite funny lol