General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

I'm sliiiightly annoyed at the phrasing here:

Reveal hidden contents

Hanyu's 2017-18 season began with a world-record short program score (the seventh of his career) at the Autumn Classic International in late September. But his free skate at that event was error-filled, and he went on to finish second to Nathan Chen at what would be Hanyu's only Grand Prix, the Rostelecom Cup

it looks like he went on to finish second to Nathan both in ACL and CoR, not to mention it makes it sound as if Nathan was clean compared to messy Yuzu. So, my advice to Phil: 1)Stop Javi's erasure and 2)stop hyping Nathan as your clean consistent boy, he's even more prone to splatting because of his layout and you DO know that, because you're hyping him as a miracle quadster as well. Plus it doesn't do good to anyone as fans following the sport will know how it went in reality, and non-fans trying to get into sport will get even more confused once they start checking out stuff like protocols/performances because "???Wasn't Nathan consistent/clean/whatever bs PR shoves on him???" instead of happy for him for having decent skates of a Sophomore Senior Year.

It's for the US domestic audience, who probably won't check protocols and will only remember Nate's USNats performance before the Olys hit. I think he should be okay, but a part of me is scared he is taking on the expectations of the US public that is normally doled out to US ladies+US men's combined.  FS in the US is considered a bit of a dying sport, and Nate is being grabbed on as the "final savior"-not sure what will happen if he doesn't win, never mind what would happen if he doesn't podium, since US media here conveniently forgot Boyang and Javi.

20 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

I'm sliiiightly annoyed at the phrasing here:

Reveal hidden contents

Hanyu's 2017-18 season began with a world-record short program score (the seventh of his career) at the Autumn Classic International in late September. But his free skate at that event was error-filled, and he went on to finish second to Nathan Chen at what would be Hanyu's only Grand Prix, the Rostelecom Cup

it looks like he went on to finish second to Nathan both in ACL and CoR, not to mention it makes it sound as if Nathan was clean compared to messy Yuzu. So, my advice to Phil: 1)Stop Javi's erasure and 2)stop hyping Nathan as your clean consistent boy, he's even more prone to splatting because of his layout and you DO know that, because you're hyping him as a miracle quadster as well. Plus it doesn't do good to anyone as fans following the sport will know how it went in reality, and non-fans trying to get into sport will get even more confused once they start checking out stuff like protocols/performances because "???Wasn't Nathan consistent/clean/whatever bs PR shoves on him???" instead of happy for him for having decent skates of a Sophomore Senior Year.

Ikr I'm also a bit annoyed at that part :dry: esp since they skipped javi completely but of course doesn't skip on Nathan well it is US media :tumblr_inline_mzx8t825tZ1r8msi5: Please let Yuzu and Javi slay at olys so they will all remember once and for all

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

It's for the US domestic audience, who probably won't check protocols and will only remember Nate's USNats performance before the Olys hit. I think he should be okay, but a part of me is scared he is taking on the expectations of the US public that is normally doled out to US ladies+US men's combined.  FS in the US is considered a bit of a dying sport, and Nate is being grabbed on as the "final savior"-not sure what will happen if he doesn't win, never mind what would happen if he doesn't podium, since US media here conveniently forgot Boyang and Javi.

I actually think the US PR machine is throwing out so much rainbows for Nathan because his skating or character off ice itself isn't riveting enough for the domestic US audience. He's not the next Michelle Kwan. The pressure is more from the media itself and US Fed.

Outside the FS niche where the real bubble is, casual people might care more about Adam (even if the FS ubers raged about his non-quads and scraping onto the team) because he has a bit more pizazz and a backstory with the first American male skater out of the closet bit. He's also a bit more, well, trendy because of it. So what I'm saying is Nathan winning OGM still won't make the domestic audience care about FS after the Olys are over. Adam is where the real public interest is, unfortunately, because of sensationalism.

bath and other hygiene prob in korea thou... i hope yuzu isnt bothered by it. He has habit of cleaning and organizing every corner of the room be4 big comp i suppose hes the type thats very meticulous in hygiene matter. Stay in cnd as long as u can boy, no need to arrive early for flu virus and shared bath. 

Even Brian said oly's gathering is 'fishbowl' that's not ideal for his concentrated practice lol

TCC team Squish from me, skip if you want

Spoiler

I feel so happy I could properly thank Brian💔 I never thought that they might not feel the love like their skaters do but he was genuinely happy after I talked to him 💔 

Now more than ever I'm thinking of my golden swan on his desk, but I agree they all need more! There such an important part of the equation that they deserve as much love as Yuzu does 💖

I'm really happy about all this now, I'm feeling way better

Well I saw an article with headline "OGM is Chen to lose" so :slinkaway: I know he's the best bet for gold among US skaters, but I'm :facepalm: with the way they list only his good things and downplay his rivals with their multiple errors. He's not flawless this season either and other top men didn't make more mistake than him. There's no clean FS from any men until now, and a few clean Sps came from top 7 are from Yuzuru, Javi (x2), Boyang, Kolyada. Why US media hate facts and numbers when they can check PB/SB, protocols by just one click :facepalm:. Especially this time OGM  isn't going between 2-3 skaters. There's 5 men who have equal chance for it. I feel bad for Nathan. I think he is a nice skater and a great kid,  but this insane hyping annoys me so much. 

8 minutes ago, Katt said:

Well I saw an article with headline "OGM is Chen to lose" so :slinkaway: I know he's the best bet for gold among US skaters, but I'm :facepalm: with the way they list only his good things and downplay his rivals with their multiple errors. He's not flawless this season either and other top men didn't make more mistake than him. There's no clean FS from any men until now, and a few clean Sps came from top 7 are from Yuzuru, Javi (x2), Boyang, Kolyada. Why US media hate facts and numbers when they can check PB/SB, protocols by just one click :facepalm:. Especially this time OGM  isn't going between 2-3 skaters. There's 5 men who have equal chance for it. I feel bad for Nathan. I think he is a nice skater and a great kid,  but this insane hyping annoys me so much. 

Especially annoying when it's just Nathan's second year and he has SO MUCH potential to be so good if he stays till the next Olympics. Boyang, Shoma (thrice) and Javi have beaten Nathan's top score this season (other than US Nats). Nathan is not a shoo-in for the gold even without Yuzu.

oh god.. i know US media is hyping Nathan but "OGM is Chen to lose" title is too much. Chen hasn't even medaled at World's Championship, while both Boyang and Shoma did and Javi's 2-times World champion. 

I don't even need to compare him with our Zuzu...like Brian said.