General Yuzuru Chat

55 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

*waits for complaints that this is also an Evil FanyuTM conspiracy. :/

Politely remind them that Patrick has really good results from this video. And that if anything, this video indicates Jason Brown has been lowballed significantly.

Usually, except for very few special cases, that's enough to stop the whiny ones in their tracks.

2 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

if it was a conspiracy why don't they prove that it's untrue already? :smiley-laughing021: it's very easy for them to point to anything they don't like and say it's a lie without more, but that's also called delusion...

seeing the video makes me miss Yuzu. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: *dries up and dies*

I find it quite odd that that NYT article doesn’t have a proper picture of Hanyu’s face. People are unlikely to remember his name and they won’t have any visual memory of how he looks like at the time of Olys unless they make it their job to find out from other sources.

I'm kind of dreading the documentary, mostly because it'll most likely be old footage and interviews at the beginning of the season, and his attitude there will likely have changed now with what has happened, and I'm going to be sad all over again. 

26 minutes ago, Summer said:

I find it quite odd that that NYT article doesn’t have a proper picture of Hanyu’s face. People are unlikely to remember his name and they won’t have any visual memory of how he looks like at the time of Olys unless they make it their job to find out from other sources.

Well, true. But the LGC costume is quite memorable. Plus people can always look for the Pooh Rain.

47 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well, true. But the LGC costume is quite memorable. Plus people can always look for the Pooh Rain.

Pooh will be a good indicator. It’s a shame that he can’t have his own at the boards (visibly at least). I hope fans will create a proper Pooh avalanche.

3 minutes ago, wombat-poodle said:

COMPLETE COMBUSTION?! 

omg, i hope she's not serious... :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

...well we did joke about rising from the ashes like a phoenix. Wonder how many equators was the kuyashii this time around.

5 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

4 hours ago, Xen said:

Politely remind them that Patrick has really good results from this video. And that if anything, this video indicates Jason Brown has been lowballed significantly.

Usually, except for very few special cases, that's enough to stop the whiny ones in their tracks.

I expect some complaints as Fanyu's product, also if the data are shown in the most neutral way possible. But the will complain also more saying that one cannot count only quantity but the quality of these turns, steps and movements has to be taken well in account, i.e. the so called "quality crossovers"  or edges and quality of movements in the one-foot skating, and so forth.

In any case, I hope that it will be useful to other people who want to take in consideration these data to reflect a bit about what these skaters actually do on the ice and that should / could be reflected at least in part in the PCs scores.

But I don't want to go too much OT here, at least we want concentrate on Yuzuru's data only: so if we want to discuss further, I saw the video linked also in the general skating chat

12 minutes ago, fireovertheice said:

I expect some complaints as Fanyu's product, the data are shown in the most neutral way possible. But the will complain also more saying that one cannot count only quantity but the quality of these turns, steps and movements has to be taken well in account, i.e. the so called "quality crossovers"  or edges and quality of movements in the one-foot skating, and so forth.

In any case, I hope that it will be useful to other people who want to take in consideration these data to reflect a bit about what these skaters actually do on the ice and that should / could be reflected at least in part in the PCs scores.

But I don't want to go too much OT here, at least we want concentrate on Yuzuru's data only: so if we want to discuss further, I saw the video linked also in the general skating chat

Let me just say again that you did an amazing job gathering all that data and doing the analysis. Data is neutral and there was no selective choosing of anything, and so... :shrug:

Complete combustion, like... Like rocket launch?