General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Also, Yuzuru is "fixated" on quads and Nathan who was the first to land five different quads in the same program is not :rolleyes:

I will forever be salty, that's just me as a fan and a person.

But at the start of this season I thought US media would focus on a different narrative angle to promote Nathan and the stance they have been taking so far is surprising and making me saltier. That is, their several attempts to brainwash us that Yuzu is the one chasing Nathan going into Olys. <-- HA-Ha-HA, but you bet people and even ubers believe it.

Honestly, after my first reaction to the article, I'm more accepting and see the good stuff about it. Could be better (the aimlessness of it) but it could be worse, and it's an in-depth piece on Yuzu that is being promoted by the FS reporters on twitter. And we had that Javi update on Yuzu. So I'm good. 

6 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Honestly, after my first reaction to the article, I'm more accepting and see the good stuff about it. Could be better (the aimlessness of it) but it could be worse, and it's an in-depth piece on Yuzu that is being promoted by the FS reporters on twitter. And we had that Javi updated on Yuzu. So I'm good. 

I think this is the best thing i've read about him on foreign media

2 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

this wasn't enough to water this poor cactus tho. My remaining moisture is being extracted in the form of tears

We have to count on our Overlord to come back and flood you back to life...

News! Confirmation that he has recovered!

Javi bleating sounds seem apt for this moment.

Oh, the relief!

The NYT article, it's better than nothing, visibility is good, and the fact that despite not competing, nobody could overtake him means they couldn't quite run with the Nathan's-now-the-one-to-beat theme. The piece itself was very meh. True, meant for the general public so definitely needed to be kept simple, but it lacked focus, and it lacked adequate structure for a longer feature with multiple points. But that's just how it's written. The content itself is all right. The subeditor who was on that copy should've done a better job.