General Yuzuru Chat

Wait Yata, it Russia a bad word now? Come on, that's a bit harsh, isn't it? :s_tongue

Everyone could more or less mess up though. With Russia, it's IMO pretty open right now whom they're going to send at all... my current guess would be Mika Kolyada for both, but who knows what it looks like in nearly a year from now. And I doubt Mika would end up behind the German, Italian or French man for example, even if he doesn't have his best day. Japanese Dance and Pairs on the other hand...

I also need the Russian men not to mess up, because 1.) most of them are skaters I like and 2.) I want Russia to repeat as Team OGM (sorry Chanada!)

The chances of a repeat are pretty slim though. The girls are great, the pairs are solid, but dancers are... a mess, the men are showing some promise, but we need some more time.

Chanada has a well-balanced team, on the whole, so... if Gaby's in there, I wouldn't mind seeing them win. Sorry for being not patriotic.

Sure, Canada has the biggest chances right now, but I don't think it's that settled... Pairs can actually be really good if Stol/Klim stay heallthy. They came in 3rd in the WC LP despite messing up their SP first and pulled up to 5th to beat D/R anyway. IMO, Russia wins girls, likely Pairs; Canada wins Dance and likely men. And if a Russian man would beat Chiddy, given how much this man can implode, I wouldn't be too surprised either.

Again, I agree Canada is going in as fave, but I think Russia still has a really good fighting chance.

I think we could make a Team Event Thread... but who'd come there! So we OT here to our hearts' content...

I think we could make a Team Event Thread... but who'd come there! So we OT here to our hearts' content...

haha i'd talk about it -- i do want pchiddy to get his gold medal, but i'm not too hung out on it

This is my eternal doubt as a new fs viewer. But why everyone calls Chan chiddy? Is there a story?

haha i'd talk about it -- i do want pchiddy to get his gold medal, but i'm not too hung out on it

This is my eternal doubt as a new fs viewer. But why everyone calls Chan chiddy? Is there a story?

Its his twitter handle :s_wink

It's Patrick's nickname given by Scott Moir. I think it's play on Pdiddy's name?

Why would he do that to himself?? :ohno:

I thought it was a hate name

lol same :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

turns out he beat us all to hating on himself :rofl2: :rofl2:

:devil:

ETA: What am i doing with my life, i am almost at 500 posts

So will one russian will replace another russian? Instead of Alena, maybe this time Evgenia will be the one giving him a kiss? :cool:

Maybe Yuzu will appear as Tuxedo Mask :rofl2:

giphy.gif

I have to go back to respond to some quotes (sorry, crap at work and it's finals time so it's insane right now). But yeah, there is already multiple fanart of him as tuxedo mask. Don't put it past anyone, lol.

:rofl2: :rofl2: What fanart?? Links please! I must see this! This needs to happen! This can be his new POTO costume! :rofl2: And most importantly, he'd finally have a suit that would fit him!!! :sadPooh: :sadPooh: :sadPooh: *Pooh tears of joy*

ISU World Standings has been updated today. http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsmen.htm

Fun Fact: (Although it doesn't mean too much) Yuzu has been #1 in the World Standing since 2013-2014 :yes:

Shiro - is there a listing somewhere of World Standings by year? I do remember that Yuzuru hit #1 by end of 13/14 season But is there a way to look that up?

Wayback Machine is for your service http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www ... /wsmen.htm