General Yuzuru Chat

Sorry, if someone has already posted this, but :smiley-laughing021:

Brian Orser:

"Seeing him as one person, Yuzuru is still a mystery in some ways, but, according to his reaction to some of my jokes, I see that he is all right with a sense of humor."

What the dickens is "a sense of humor" ??

7 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

Brian Orser:

"Seeing him as one person, he is still a mystery in some ways, but, according to Yuzuru's reaction to some of my jokes, I see that he is all right with a sense of humor."

His sense of humor is trolling everyone :peekapooh:

37 分ぐらい, SuzyQさんが言いました:

Brian Orser:

"Seeing him as one person, Yuzuru is still a mystery in some ways, but, according to his reaction to some of my jokes, I see that he is all right with a sense of humor."

It's coming across to me as, "Sometimes I wonder to myself if this boy is really one of us  but then he still laughs at some of my jokes so I know his sense of humor is intact and at least somewhat in the same realm."

And it's not incredibly difficult to see why the guy would think that. I do wonder, if either one of them were able to speak the language of the other fluently, would Brian still think the same. But  then I remember all the stupefied expressions on the faces of a lot of the Japanese people I've seen interacting with him and I get the feeling that they're probably thinking along those same lines themselves. >.<

10 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Yuzuru's not so great short program performance was my fault. I watched it on live stream and jinxed him. Whenever I watch him live, he seems to do poorly. So I am not going to watch his free skate live.

It was a triple whammy for me. First, I didn't get any sleep because I stayed up to watch the live stream. Second, I had the displeasure of watching Yuzuru underperforming his program. And third, I'm in my wife's bad books for not getting any sleep and staring at my laptop in bed.

Mea culpa, mea culpa... :bow:

I first saw Yuzu in Worlds 2015 FS when I accidentally found FS on TV,  my first planned comp streaming was SC 2015 SP,  but since then I was waching all of his WRs and meltdowns (except WTT SP) so don't believe in jinx like this. Just watch and you will finally  see a great skate too!  :consoling2: 

Hi guys..

obligatory comment on the first GP event!!

I think some ppl got riled up and anxious about it but I think it's not that bad. Even Yuzu himself said so. Maybe some forgot that he had a layout change and he has a quad combo as the last jump pass in the short, and while it worked in ACI it didn't here and it's alright..

There really is no need to panic. When it's the time, it will be the time.

The 3T landing was a little surprising (hey even eurosport uncle was wondering as well and had to look for the replay) (also Brian's reaction :laughing:) but yea again it's fine. Score seemed low but maybe we're so used to see him on the 100s mark.

I hope the free will go well.. he doesn't have to break record or anything spectacular like that, as long as he feels he's able to give the performance he wants, then I'm good. :cheer: