Everything posted by rockstaryuzu
-
General Yuzuru Chat
It's harder, but it's not impossible.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
I find it interesting that the historic champions - Button, Curry, Cousins et al - are in general much taller than current competitors. Except for Scotty Hamilton of course. The current wisdom seems to be that you need to be short to get those quads in. Roman and Conrad are mavericks bucking the trend, when you think about it.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
No, I knew Shoma was quite short. I just didn't realize he was Smallest of All* *Perhaps he is one of Rabbit's friends-and-relations, and therefore from the same forest as Pooh. . . . Yes, I'm getting a little batty from all this social distancing. Yuzu is exactly the same height as I am, and therefore perfect.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Yes, but I thought he was taller than Yuzu. Nathan is much much shorter than I expected
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Roman is the tallest guy currently competing, it seems. And Shoma is the smallest of all time :). The ones who surprised me were Nam, Johnny, and Michal Brezina. Johnny was taller than I thought and Nam and Brezina shorter.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
For me, a wobbly feeling would be more of a big event - like you just had a really big scary shock, followed by something that relieves the shock.... that's when you'd be wobbly. I'd say Yuzu has a lot of occasions where he's feeling wibbly. K&C seems to be the perfect breeding ground for wibbly-ness.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Depends who we're talking to. Sometimes, but in reference to maintaining physical balance.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Aw.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
No, I made it up. It means this kind of thing: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/QuiveringEyes Another example: you know that clip of Yuzu where he's all emotional and asking "Why'm I crying?" , because he's actually happy? That emotional state is what I mean by 'wibbly'.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
One would expect any Yuzu exercise to start with scrunching Pooh's face, no?
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Yuzu got me in the feels again.... I was minding my own business, not bothering anyone, just quietly social distancing away and watching a YouTube of FaOI 2019 Toyama when this bullet to the heart shows up in the auto-translated subtitles of one of the boy's post-skate interviews: " The energy from everyone cheering here, or all the thoughts people send through watching me on TV, I will skate and train, swearing not to waste these things..." Wah! I was all wibbly in an instant. This wonderful, wonderful boy.
-
Team USA
I'm going to preface my comments by saying that I quite like Daisuke and I think he's a sweetheart, and I still wonder why Nathan, Jason, Vincent, Camden, and Tomoki, not to mention a few others, aren't enough for USFed, that they go looking to bring someone back from retirement? However, it will be interesting to see what Dice can bring to the table now, and I'm all for people challenging themselves.
-
🎵Chopin Ballade No. 1 Bracket 🎶: Finals
For me it's 4CC all the way. He owned that performance easy as breathing. PC Chopin certainly has a special place in my heart because it was like the sun coming out after a blizzard, but in terms of which one was the better, more perfect Yuzu performance, it's 4CC. You know how he sounds in media when he introduces himself and says his own name? That's what 4CC Chopin was like. At least, in my eyes, anyway.
-
✨Fantasy Yuzu Bracket ✨: Finals
Oh kill me now! Fiery passionate baby Yuzu vs. powerful yet controlled high finesse grown-up Yuzu...help I can't choose!
-
Team USA
I wonder why. Honestly, I think the sport has evolved beyond what he's able to do. Unless he's trying another discipline?
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Isn't it awesome?
- Yuzuru's chance of competing until 2022 Beijing Olympics
-
General Yuzuru Chat
2, 4, and 6. I'm guessing #4 is supposed to be the LGC/Origin hair, but it's not really a great pic of it.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Really? I thought that was something he decided on impulsively, day of the competition. It had such YOLO energy I figured it couldn't be anything else.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
These arm positions are why I love Origin Ina Bauer the most. Like, I just want to hug it, as silly as that sounds.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
@yuzuangel The pistol pose is a good one! Also, how about the LGC slide?
-
General Yuzuru Chat
How about this one?
-
General Yuzuru Chat
I wasn't thinking about it, until you brought it up! Now....
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Okay, I understand a bit better what you were saying. Yes, he does need a core layout with potential variations, but not to be all over the place. Tbh, I think the problem with Origin was that Yuzu had a grand vision that he actually wasn't able to pin down. That being said, if he feels like going for another layout like the one at GPF 2019, only sensibly paced so that he doesn't run out of steam, I'd be all for it.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Also, having multiple layouts is part of his strategy for dealing with unexpected things like bad ice conditions or a problem on a jump early in the program and so on. Part of why Yuzu wins so much is because he's a magician at disaster recovery - think of all the times he YOLO'd jumps into his programs to save his score when he had issues early on. The reason he's able to do that is because he practices different layouts. So I doubt we'll ever see him bring a program where he only uses one definitive layout the whole season long. Yes, exactly.