Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

rockstaryuzu

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rockstaryuzu

  1. Are we all talking about the same thing? The last Yuzu jump in the video? Is it the stag leap? I thought for sure it was that giant delayed axel he did when he wanted to show the 4A and the coaches told him no...
  2. Holy crap, that giant delayed axel! It's so big! Love that Jordan caught so many of the other skaters as well.
  3. More than once! Kevin made it to the podium with Yuzu 3 times this year, right? ACI, NHK, and GPF? He had such a great early season.
  4. I like his style...recipe looks really yummy and easy.
  5. where did you get it from? I think Shoppers is the only retailer I've found in Canada, and you have to order online from them
  6. For maximum efficiency, just assume Yuzu knocks me dead whenever he does almost anything.
  7. I would love to know their reaction if you told them it was a guy LOL. Although your story is reminding me that Yuzu's debut as Kose's global muse got postponed because of the pandemic
  8. No, it's the good-natured sense of humour he's putting on display
  9. Raise your hand if this video made you fall in love with Keiji, even just a little bit 🙋
  10. I feel the same. Some of the Twitter stuff, in particular, has seemed to be about attacking her personally, instead of pointing out that she's making an error in judgement.
  11. We all should save our money for better cameras. Nearly every shot and video I've done of Yuzu looks like it was recorded on a potato ☹️
  12. Swanyu! Right? Edited to add that I see by the hashtags it's Seimei. So much for my hydroblade recognition
  13. And now I know why there are $12,000 lenses in the world. Breathtaking video. Jordan is so good to us.
  14. Your mom is a true fanyu. Totally hardcore.
  15. Yes, it was the same for nearly everyone - our news was full of stories of people stranded because they couldn't book flights for several weeks. I could understand someone making the choice to wait it out instead.
  16. The Poohs all flying up off the ice at the 'start' made me laugh. But by far the weirdest looking elements are the crossovers...it looks like he's going to trip over his own feet any second...
  17. Canada very nearly did. Right before they closed the borders, Canadians abroad were urged in the strongest possible terms to get their heinies home ASAP, or take their chances. And since governments are the ones that issue passports, they most certainly can rescind them and send their citizens home as well. Carrying a passport is a privilege, not a right. That being said, I'm making a bunch of assumptions about things as a way of trying to understand what her thought process might have been that led to the current situation. So I should stop, and I will.
  18. 🙄 So, assuming the Russian Embassy must have known for a while that she was in Japan...and that she's not foolish, which I don't think she is... my first guess is that she must have still had some compelling reason to stay, or Russia would have sent her home on the first flight, no? We can't know for sure that she didn't have a valid reason, and you raise a good point. If she only stayed to get more ice time, that'd be very disappointing. I can't really see any Russian embassy official agreeing to let her stay in Japan at a time like this without some solid documentation of the reason why she should. It would be diplomatically untenable. In any case, had she stayed off social media, she could have avoided this trouble.
  19. If you go to the Planet home page, there's a section on the right-hand side for "Announcements" and that's where you'll find things like the Planet anniversary listed
  20. Congratulations 🎉!
  21. Trouble is, if a writer were to use Yuzu's actual life as a basis for fiction, no one would believe it, they'd say it was too far-fetched! Yuzu is is that extra.
  22. I haven't gotten to that part of Twitter yet...still wading through the 'she's a terrible person - no she's not - yes she is - you're just a hater - no, you're a mindless sheep, don't defend her' series of Tweets...maybe I should stop while i'm ahead. but yeah, WTF.
  23. I haven't seen anyone blaming Yuzu for this...where did you see that? Anyway, it would be good if she were to realize that now is not the time for defiant posting on social media. She needs to listen to her coach. Brian advises his skaters to be careful with social media for very good reason. However, I don't even know if she can go home...Canada's border is all but closed and Russia has closed all land crossings and suspended all international flights. Whether she likes it or not, she's stuck in Japan now. I know she's only 20, and these are decisions that would be hard to make even for a much older person, but I hope she gets some good sound advice and starts to follow it or she'll end up destroying her whole career with this...
  24. Apparently. My understanding is, it's actually something in their constitution, just like free speech is in the American one. That being said, Zhenya's actions look tone deaf at best, and I, personally, question her judgement. However, until I know what led her to this point, and why she made the choices she did, I will refrain from condemning her. I myself have life circumstances that have cornered me into bending the rules of some of my local public health orders, although I would rather have not done so. Sometimes that's just what happens. But regardless of what brought her to Hachinohe, this particular video in the park was unnecessary.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.