Everything posted by rockstaryuzu
-
General Yuzuru Chat
New requirement in the choreo sequence? no ear wiggling = 0 GOE? Yuzu ear wiggles = +5 GOE? (I kid, I kid. Just in case anyone thinks I mean it seriously - no, of course not. . . .
-
Team Russia
sports.ru is reporting that 16 (or is it 19?) Russian national team members haven't made the criteria for the Russian championship due to missing 2 or more Cup of Russia stages with either COVID or injuries or 'pneumonia' ....I have no words....
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Although I noticed Yuzu at those Olympics, my own true BH/AH date was Oct 28, 2016, the day LGC was first unleashed on the unsuspecting TV audience and I happened to see it at home, was struck between the eyes by the fact that Yuzu seemed to literally be channeling Prince, and I became insatiable for Yuzu after that. I only wish it had been sooner!
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Yes yes, I know that. But I'm actually trying to give Aljona's words serious consideration, like if he really wanted to try and compete in pairs right now
-
General Yuzuru Chat
I think they'd have a hard time finding a partner the right size for him. I know Japanese ladies can be small, but still...
-
General Yuzuru Chat
- General Yuzuru Chat
So if there's Worlds this year but Canada (or any other country) doesn't go, then what?- General Yuzuru Chat
They'd get many more times the revenue, if they did, because there's no limit to the size of an audience for a livestream- General Yuzuru Chat
I might be wrong about this, but isn't there a cut-off score you have to be above in order to make the Olympics? They don't let just anybody compete. No Jamaican bobsled team-style stories in figure skating! And you have to achieve the cut-off scores at an internationally ratified competition like a GP, not Nationals. So if no one from Canada can compete for the whole year until next GP season, that limits all their chances to get the cut-off score.- General Yuzuru Chat
Unlikely. I think that when it comes to skating he always prioritizes exactly what he should do, and public opinion/pressure to conform is simply not on that list. Ugh. The news about Canada potentially not competing at Worlds is a major hit, not going to lie, because it really does crack open the possibility of no Canadians at Beijing either.- Team Canada
Although what they're saying here is that it would end up being due to lack of opportunities to prepare, not directly out of fear of COVID. **** In other news, I'm watching Battle of the Blades, and Scott Moir just admitted that during his career, there were a few judges he'd wanted to call out for their scoring...😆 ...and Asher Hill just made me cry...WAH- General Skating Chat
- General Yuzuru Chat
Yeah, I was thinking the same.- General Yuzuru Chat
This is the kind of news that I think would make Yuzu decide not to compete, for sure. But if he doesn't do Nationals, then it means there's a real possibility that he won't compete at all until the 2021/22 season, because I honestly think it's even odds that Worlds will be canceled at this point- Team Canada
Nam and Roman sharing a braincell or two:- General Yuzuru Chat
I'm not so sure about that. He's a natural-born competitor and in his own words, 'lives to skate'. Yes, he's very disciplined,but he has to be champing at the bit by now to get out there and compete. Also, nationals are his only chance to do a competition at all before Worlds (assuming World get held.) Pretty sure he wouldn't want Worlds to be his 'first pancake' after no competition for a year. I think it will depend on the COVID situation in Nagano itself. if case counts are rising rapidly there, then I think he'd withdraw, but if not, and if he's in any kind of shape to compete, then I think he'll show up.- General Yuzuru Chat
Yay! Our long drought is nearing its end. I could cry with relief.- General Skating Chat
- General Yuzuru Chat
That's pretty! I'd use it.- Team Russia
Then why would someone say she tested positive? Is she or isn't she? Either way, I hope she gets better.- Team Russia
Well that just f*****g sucks. Excuse me for swearing, but this is upsetting. poor Zhenya can't catch a break this year, can she? I hope she recovers fully. The fact that she was tested repeatedly and still had symptoms even with a negative test is not great and sounds like she might have long COVID. Lord have mercy, this has to end.- General Skating Chat
- General Skating Chat
- General Skating Chat
- General Skating Chat
- General Yuzuru Chat