Everything posted by rockstaryuzu
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Not that I'm aware of. He might not even be in Juniors yet, from the size of him. He's not as fast as Yuzu (but who is), but he's got the Step Seq down pat otherwise. Love that he does the knee slide too. Hats off to Ravi doing his coaching outside in the depths of an Edmonton winter, BTW.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
The following is not directly Yuzu-related but may be of serious interest to anyone worried about 'rona: https://physicsworld.com/a/air-purifiers-could-spread-viruses-in-confined-spaces/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=iop&utm_term=&utm_campaign=14258-49051&utm_content=Image%3A Air purifiers could spread viruses in confined spaces - research_updates&Campaign+Owner=
- General Skating Chat
-
General Skating Chat
You thought so too, eh? While the writer had a point about how expensive figure skating is as a sport, most of the rest of the piece had me rolling my eyes. And the nostalgia for the 6.0 system nearly made me puke. No one ever had any clue how the judges arrived at those 5.8s and 5.9s. At least in the new system you can see what they're doing, more or less. As for discrimination in figure skating, it's a problem that isn't going to go away as long as there aren't many coaches and officials of different ethnicities than white...you can promote racialized skaters all you want but the fundamental problem will remain until there's a diversity of voices in the powers that be of the sport.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
...after they cancelled 4CC there?
-
General Yuzuru Chat
aka "since we know they'll all fail the test, we need to make a loophole so the Russians can still compete". Sorry if I sound cynical, but really, is this a problem any other fed is likely to have? They're the ones who've been dropping like flies....
-
Team Canada
...and he did it again. This time jumping the CN Tower:
- If It Wasn't for Yuzuru, I'd Never Have....
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Unless you're prepared to do hundreds of squats and lunges a day, don't feel bad. MY muscles ache just thinking about the two decades of hard work it took for him to build that physique. Chocolate eclairs are so much more enjoyable.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Plush has two big brass ones, and never backs down from a fight. I think he absolutely wanted to challenge Yuzu in Sochi. He must have been so frustrated when he got hurt.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
I'm sharing this here as well as in the Team Canada thread. Look at this beautiful view of Toronto provided by Nam. Can you imagine Yuzu being there too?
-
Team Canada
So you ALL need to see this. Toronto is so beautiful from this angle. I'm so lucky to have been born there 💓
-
General Yuzuru Chat
I believe he was also either recovering from or due for back surgery at the time (Plush has steel rods in his back, I believe) . So his withdrawal was entirely understandable. In any case, Sochi men's turned out to be a splatfest extraordinaire. Yuzu was practically the only guy in the top ten who stayed on his feet. @SitTwizzle I agree - Yuzu must have been absolutely thrilled back then. He still adores Plush so much.
-
Team Canada
Asher and Dylan do their best provide an analysis of the potential Canadian team for Worlds. As for David Wilson, I think he's got no right to criticize Skate Canada on this issue as he's not the one who'll be held liable if someone gets sick, but I do agree with him about the hockey vs figure skating thing.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
I don't think Shoma was on the Sochi team, but my recollection of Pyeongchang is certainly of Shoma simply swimming in his team clothes...
-
General Yuzuru Chat
And to this day no one knows who Don is or why he merited such insult at that particular moment in time.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
That's a relief. so far so good.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Christ, I hope they're together and comforting each other! Right now what's in my head is that Yuzu will be feeling awful and trying to be strong for his family, but not being at all ok, and trying to hold back tears. And I imagine a huge number of people in Tohoku are feeling exactly the same as him.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
I hope everyone is safe and stays safe! And I hope Yuzu is okay, because this would definitely be hard on someone who's been through the 3/11 quake.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Wow. That's going to re-traumatize people, just knowing that.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
You don't want to know how much I've been playing this....
-
Team Canada
That's no rink, that's Lake Ontario! looks like he's at the Toronto Islands... freakin' AWESOME! I kind of love that so many skaters are taking it outdoors right now. yes it sucks that they have to but it's also very nice to see figure skating 'in the wild' so to speak.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Happy Super Slam Anniversary everyone! The anniversary has got me thinking...4CC 2020 could have been a massive super spreader event but it wasn't because South Korea did such a good job with it. And because so many Chinese fans generously stayed home instead of risking spreading the virus. Now we have a Worlds coming up that, even though it won't have any spectators, looks, to say the least, like it's going to be a nasty uber-spreader event. While it's tempting to rail against this foolishness and wring my hands on Twitter, I'm just going to helpfully point out the South Korean example here. Worlds doesn't have to be unsafe. Hopefully ISU and the Worlds organizing committee will take some responsibility and make appropriate measures to either a) hold a safe event, or b) figure out another way to have Olympic qualifiers. I know I'm wasting my breath but I'm putting it out there for the universe to take up anyway. You never know, maybe Lakernik & Co will suddenly receive a brain transplant and get wise.
-
Team Russia
....her skating always looks like that to me, tbh.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Same. There are so many awful ways 'Yuduru' could be pronounced by an English speaker...having the 'z' in there forces the long 'u' a bit more (i don't know why; it just does) so it helps correct pronunciation. Although to my ear, the づ sounds more like 'dzu' or 'jzu' than it does like 'zu' .