Everything posted by yuzuangel
-
General Yuzuru Chat
I hope it's different music
-
Favorite commentators and their famous lines
Eh I don't agree with some of the things he says about Yuzu
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Beautiful! Beautiful Yuzu
-
Technical problems
Interesting, I think you're the second person who got this. I'll look into it.
-
Team Russia
This looks like a JCrew or Ralph Lauren ad!
-
Your favorite costumes?
Omgosh yes, this was SO charming... And Yulia's Kill Bill getup as well...love the gloves!
-
Your favorite costumes?
What are your favorite figure skating costumes? Yuna Kim's Giselle: I love this dress because it's so unique! Actually Yuna was one of the best dressed skaters, ever. All of her dresses were on point and fit her so well. source: flickr Gracie's beautiful Grieg dress: Gracie's presentation has always been top notch. She always looked beautiful and her dresses looked very couture with expensive crystals. source: sina And her El Choclo tango dress: I really like how simple this dress is, but the red underskirt and leotard give it a pop. What a unique concept I'm side-eyeing her hair roots, though. source: nick verreos Sasha Cohen's Rachmaninoff: The color combination is simply stunning source: tumblr And Romeo and Juliet (the Olympics version): So regal! She looks like a medieval princess. source: pinterest
-
Hey, remember us?
OH. MY.
-
Team Russia
So emo...teenagers haha
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Is there a version of just his cuts? Hehehe
-
General Yuzuru Chat
OMGOSH this is just precious...
-
General Yuzuru Chat
I...am glad we got a statement from Yuzuru himself. But I just can't imagine how Chopin could be more perfect . I mean he has so many SPs that he could bring back, so he can skate them perfectly and he chooses that one? I guess he just really likes it. Maybe he wants the world to see it (I don't blame him, it's perfection...oh wait). Looking at the 3 side by side versions, he's changed so much of the program, I wonder why not just get a new piece of music? I guess if you think about it...PW and Chopin are the two SPs that he has certainly skated to perfection multiple times a season, and they were both 2nd season SPs. He never once skated Chopin clean in 2014-2015 season. Reusing music seems to work out well for him. Since Chopin is here to stay, I will enjoy it without asking too many questions
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Hm we've been messing around with the backend to optimize the forum. Can you reupload your avatar, Dani?
-
Warhorses: Who skated it best?
There's always that one skater/couple who comes to mind first when you hear the music of an oft-beaten figure skating warhorse, no matter how many people skate to it. What music do you match with which skater? I'll start: Scheherazade: Yuna Kim. I know this isn't one of her most celebrated performances, but I think she performed it so well at Worlds 2009. It flowed so well and she was so light and delicate. When I hear Scheherazade I just think of her and her red dress. Phantom of the Opera: Yuzuru, of course. One of my favorite costumes Romeo and Juliet (Nino Rota version): Yuzuru and Sasha Cohen. Yuzu because...it's Yuzu (and it's the OGM), but Sasha because that was the first figure skating program I've ever watched on TV and it was just beautiful. Swan Lake: Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov. The first lift where she holds that pose like a ballerina was amazing!
-
Flexibility Issue (vs jumps)
Yeah, it's difficult. I've also been doing it for a while too but gave up because I didn't seem to get far. I think I'm about as flexible as when I started. I have friends who never stretch and they can naturally do splits. When I stretch for a long time, I can get the splits, but that requires maybe 20 minutes of of "warming up." I would keep stretching if it wasn't kind of painful, and due to having the attention span of a fly I can't stay in one position for very long without feeling antsy.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
- Team Russia
- Team Japan
I asked my Japanese friend (who's in his early 20's and doesn't follow figure skating) which Japanese figure skaters he's heard of, and other than Yuzu and Mao, he said Fumie Suguri and Miki Ando. I found that kind of interesting, but it makes sense since Fumie skated for like a decade and Miki did win 2 WC's.- Skating on the Planet
I've been practicing my sit spin for a couple of days and...well, even though it looks so damn hard when you think of how hard it is to do an upright spin (seriously, it's just standing in place!! ), but it's actually not that bad. It feels different than an upright spin, like the centripetal force is stronger(?), so in a way it's more fun Anyway, me on some days -> I love skating! I wish I could skate all day! Me on other days -> Why can't I do this thing I've been trying to do for so long I will never improve- Team we're fewer but still good!
I'm glad Javi and Miki are on such good terms? Or are they back together?- General Yuzuru Chat
- General Yuzuru Chat
Damn! Now I want- General Yuzuru Chat
I'm sorry but these commercials are so unconvincing LOL! Like, who poses with their daily hygiene products like that?- General Yuzuru Chat
He looks gorgeous but I prefer Natural Hair!Yuzu....or more specifically, After Skating Hair!Yuzu- General Yuzuru Chat
Questionable?!? Iconic!! - Team Russia
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.