Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hace 16 horas, makebelieveup said:

@Veveco and I have each contacted playground and ice rink for a while now but have not heard anything back. do you think we should look into other international charity instead? 

Maybe they think we are kind of joking?! :( 

 

@Veveco I just submitted my part for the fan book :space:and send you per mail an attachment as well. Thank you so much for all your work and effort!! :10742289::multibow:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Maybe they think we are kind of joking?! :( 

 

@Veveco I just submitted my part for the fan book :space:and send you per mail an attachment as well. Thank you so much for all your work and effort!! :10742289::multibow:

yeah I even tried to get my email draft translated before submitting to them. I think one of the reasons could be ice rink does not really organize charity in the first place. we only know they are hugely funded by Yuzu over the past couple of years so we feel inspired to do the same. I feel like getting them to actually organize some kind of charity for us to donate might be difficult. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe someone going to FaOI in Sendai could contact them and try to go by? Playground of hope is based in Tokyo, right? Maybe someone could at least call them directly? :unsure2:   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol. It's not just you @Yuzu_legend. There was a small but noticeable bump in submissions today. It's the "submit by the deadline" effect I guess :68468287: I will close the Google forms tomorrow, but people can still send an email with a short message or picture/drawing by email ([email protected]) if they missed the deadline, so no panic.

 

We have now received over 750 responses for the survey and over 200 for the book :tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw: :dancingpooh: This fanbook is going to be nearly 100 pages I think. Wow :shocked:

 

By the way, I obviously want to share the final product with all the fans who contributed to the project. However, I also want to respect the privacy of everyone. Some messages include rather personal stories that might not be appropriate to share with everybody. Clearly, some stories are for Yuzu only to read (and well, the editing team but that can't be avoided). Since we didn't warn beforehand that results would be shared, I don't want to make people uncomfortable.  So, I decided that I will blur most of the messages in the "public" version, and only leave as "readable" messages from people who will give me explicit permission to share them, so everyone can have a general idea of the messages sent to Yuzu. I hope that is an agreeable compromise for everyone.

 

I'll give another try with Playground. Maybe they'll answer if I message them on their facebook page. If not, we might have to ask people in Japan indeed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 17 minutos , Veveco said:

We have now received over 750 responses for the survey and over 200 for the book :tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw: :dancingpooh: This fanbook is going to be nearly 100 pages I think. Wow :shocked:

Awesome!!!:mushroom7::dancingpooh:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps one more option re donation - may local fans help check and share a bit more details as I just saw below from Weibo where Yuzu is spotted as a “friend” of Tour De Tohoku (and fans wonder if he has learnt cycling by now, :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:):

 

https://tourdetohoku.yahoo.co.jp/2019/info/friends/

 

But I cannot locate how to make donation directly as i dont read Japanese, except the intro page in Eng:

https://tourdetohoku.yahoo.co.jp/2019/info/en/

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 9:53 AM, PoohandYuzu said:

Perhaps one more option re donation - may local fans help check and share a bit more details as I just saw below from Weibo where Yuzu is spotted as a “friend” of Tour De Tohoku (and fans wonder if he has learnt cycling by now, :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:):

 

https://tourdetohoku.yahoo.co.jp/2019/info/friends/

 

But I cannot locate how to make donation directly as i dont read Japanese, except the intro page in Eng:

https://tourdetohoku.yahoo.co.jp/2019/info/en/

unfortunately i feel like it is so tedious to get in contact with the organizations 😭 and we don't really know how to communicate in Japanese. So unless we have Japanese sattelites to volunteer in helping, it is going to be difficult.

 

i have not heard back from sendai icerink. they must think we are joking lol

 

---

 

@Veveco on top of our book, if we are going to throw the donation project out for now, do you think giving Yuzu a shirt with Planet Hanyu logo is a nice idea? He seems to like wearing tees and it wouldnt be an extravagant gift so maybe he would appreciate it. we can also give brian and ghislain and tracy one too?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@makebelieveup @Veveco thanks for the efforts for all these!  Afraid I cant help in japanese talks or reading at all, do we want to give one more try to ask for local speaking help from the General Chat threads?   But I know it’s now time where most fanyus are overwhelmed with his ice shows (who doesn't, lol)...

 

As for T-shirt gift, think it’s a good idea and we can do that anyway!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

Reviving this thread for an update on the fan book !!! :dancingpooh:

In the end we have 4 sections:

1) Statistics based on the survey

2) "If it wasn't for Yuzuru..." answers from fans

3) Interesting quotes from coaches, other skaters, commentators, public figures, ... (thank you @makebelieveup for your help for this part :7938863:)

4) Messages & photos/creations from fans

 

The book is basically 95% finished, with a total of approximately 80 pages!! I'm sharing the current version of the survey part below for now. If anyone has other ideas on possible analyses or questions you want to be answered based on the survey, feel free to contact me. (Or if you notice a typo or mistake, please tell me as well so I can correct :13877886:) I'm open to suggestions. I can basically intersect any of the answers of the survey together (like I did for fan since vs. favorite programs for instance). I can add something to the book later if we get an interesting new stat, but I wanted to focus on finishing the fan answers first.

 

As you can guess, the reason why it took so long was simply because of the high number of answers. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: For the book: 391 testimonies (counting the "If it wasn't for Yuzu" + messages), as well as ~40 photos & creations, all that from ~210 different fans in total. (By the way, the survey part had over 700 answers.) All answers have finally been incorporated in the book. I'm giving myself one more week to "polish" and finalize the formatting & layout.

:hachimaki:

 

Once the book is completely finished, I'll work on sharing more of the final result with everyone (keeping in mind the privacy issue). For now, here is the link for the survey results: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jlFR16sdLU2rfeSfjRYpbsP0SlGwufDq

 

~To be continued~

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Reviving this thread for an update on the fan book !!! :dancingpooh:

In the end we have 4 sections:

1) Statistics based on the survey

2) "If it wasn't for Yuzuru..." answers from fans

3) Interesting quotes from coaches, other skaters, commentators, public figures, ... (thank you @makebelieveup for your help for this part :7938863:)

4) Messages & photos/creations from fans

 

The book is basically 95% finished, with a total of approximately 80 pages!! I'm sharing the current version of the survey part below for now. If anyone has other ideas on possible analyses or questions you want to be answered based on the survey, feel free to contact me. (Or if you notice a typo or mistake, please tell me as well so I can correct :13877886:) I'm open to suggestions. I can basically intersect any of the answers of the survey together (like I did for fan since vs. favorite programs for instance). I can add something to the book later if we get an interesting new stat, but I wanted to focus on finishing the fan answers first.

 

As you can guess, the reason why it took so long was simply because of the high number of answers. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: For the book: 391 testimonies (counting the "If it wasn't for Yuzu" + messages), as well as ~40 photos & creations, all that from ~210 different fans in total. (By the way, the survey part had over 700 answers.) All answers have finally been incorporated in the book. I'm giving myself one more week to "polish" and finalize the formatting & layout.

:hachimaki:

 

Once the book is completely finished, I'll work on sharing more of the final result with everyone (keeping in mind the privacy issue). For now, here is the link for the survey results: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jlFR16sdLU2rfeSfjRYpbsP0SlGwufDq

 

~To be continued~

This is really really amazing, thank you so much for making it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Reviving this thread for an update on the fan book !!! :dancingpooh:

In the end we have 4 sections:

1) Statistics based on the survey

2) "If it wasn't for Yuzuru..." answers from fans

3) Interesting quotes from coaches, other skaters, commentators, public figures, ... (thank you @makebelieveup for your help for this part :7938863:)

4) Messages & photos/creations from fans

 

The book is basically 95% finished, with a total of approximately 80 pages!! I'm sharing the current version of the survey part below for now. If anyone has other ideas on possible analyses or questions you want to be answered based on the survey, feel free to contact me. (Or if you notice a typo or mistake, please tell me as well so I can correct :13877886:) I'm open to suggestions. I can basically intersect any of the answers of the survey together (like I did for fan since vs. favorite programs for instance). I can add something to the book later if we get an interesting new stat, but I wanted to focus on finishing the fan answers first.

 

As you can guess, the reason why it took so long was simply because of the high number of answers. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: For the book: 391 testimonies (counting the "If it wasn't for Yuzu" + messages), as well as ~40 photos & creations, all that from ~210 different fans in total. (By the way, the survey part had over 700 answers.) All answers have finally been incorporated in the book. I'm giving myself one more week to "polish" and finalize the formatting & layout.

:hachimaki:

 

Once the book is completely finished, I'll work on sharing more of the final result with everyone (keeping in mind the privacy issue). For now, here is the link for the survey results: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jlFR16sdLU2rfeSfjRYpbsP0SlGwufDq

 

~To be continued~

 

You are amazing! This is so beautiful and really informative! And you have done great things with the design. You have my admiration. :7938863:

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Veveco said:

Reviving this thread for an update on the fan book !!! :dancingpooh:

In the end we have 4 sections:

1) Statistics based on the survey

2) "If it wasn't for Yuzuru..." answers from fans

3) Interesting quotes from coaches, other skaters, commentators, public figures, ... (thank you @makebelieveup for your help for this part :7938863:)

4) Messages & photos/creations from fans

 

The book is basically 95% finished, with a total of approximately 80 pages!! I'm sharing the current version of the survey part below for now. If anyone has other ideas on possible analyses or questions you want to be answered based on the survey, feel free to contact me. (Or if you notice a typo or mistake, please tell me as well so I can correct :13877886:) I'm open to suggestions. I can basically intersect any of the answers of the survey together (like I did for fan since vs. favorite programs for instance). I can add something to the book later if we get an interesting new stat, but I wanted to focus on finishing the fan answers first.

 

As you can guess, the reason why it took so long was simply because of the high number of answers. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: For the book: 391 testimonies (counting the "If it wasn't for Yuzu" + messages), as well as ~40 photos & creations, all that from ~210 different fans in total. (By the way, the survey part had over 700 answers.) All answers have finally been incorporated in the book. I'm giving myself one more week to "polish" and finalize the formatting & layout.

:hachimaki:

 

Once the book is completely finished, I'll work on sharing more of the final result with everyone (keeping in mind the privacy issue). For now, here is the link for the survey results: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jlFR16sdLU2rfeSfjRYpbsP0SlGwufDq

 

~To be continued~

Thank you for all you've done, It's really a huuuuuuge work and the stats part looks amazing:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: I wouldn't know how to do a fraction of what you did...

I love the cute podiums too :67638860: 

at a quick view I haven't spotted any mistake, I'll reread more carefully on my laptop later.

 

I just wanted to raise an issue tho, since I've seen we are using the word fanyu (and infanyuation). That term is sometimes used by other fans specifically to talk about bad/crazy behaviour (real or imaginary) from Yuzu fans (as if there were the sensible fans and then the crazed fanyus) and afaik the term wasn't created by fans, but as a mocking, even tho it's now widespread as just short for "Hanyu fans" and many use it freely and with pride. Personally I don't have issues using fanyu myself, when online, but maybe it would be better to avoid using it in an "official" fanbook, despite how funny is. Same with infanyuation, it's funny and cute and in the context of the Planet and Twitter it's a harmless inside joke, but maybe it could give off undesired vibes in a fanbook.

But I'd like to hear more from other fans, maybe I'm just overthinking.

 

Re: t-shirt

That would be nice (and likely easier to deliver compared to a mug or something fragile😅). But do we know the size?

(Btw I was thinking about printing a tee for myself for GPF even if I still don't have tickets lol it would be nice if there was some pattern we can use if we want) negl I'm lazy and I have no idea what to print ops

 

Eta: I love the CIONTU-like background <3

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LadyLou said:

 

Thank you for all you've done, It's really a huuuuuuge work and the stats part looks amazing:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: I wouldn't know how to do a fraction of what you did...

I love the cute podiums too :67638860: 

at a quick view I haven't spotted any mistake, I'll reread more carefully on my laptop later.

 

I just wanted to raise an issue tho, since I've seen we are using the word fanyu (and infanyuation). That term is sometimes used by other fans specifically to talk about bad/crazy behaviour (real or imaginary) from Yuzu fans (as if there were the sensible fans and then the crazed fanyus) and afaik the term wasn't created by fans, but as a mocking, even tho it's now widespread as just short for "Hanyu fans" and many use it freely and with pride. Personally I don't have issues using fanyu myself, when online, but maybe it would be better to avoid using it in an "official" fanbook, despite how funny is. Same with infanyuation, it's funny and cute and in the context of the Planet and Twitter it's a harmless inside joke, but maybe it could give off undesired vibes in a fanbook.

But I'd like to hear more from other fans, maybe I'm just overthinking.

 

Re: t-shirt

That would be nice (and likely easier to deliver compared to a mug or something fragile😅). But do we know the size?

(Btw I was thinking about printing a tee for myself for GPF even if I still don't have tickets lol it would be nice if there was some pattern we can use if we want) negl I'm lazy and I have no idea what to print ops

 

Eta: I love the CIONTU-like background <3

 

Thank you for the feedback :10742289: I admit the stat part amuses me because data analysis is part of my job... But analyzing data from fellow satellites is so much more fun :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

 

About the term "fanyu", I guess I am among those who use it with pride & amusement (though I am not unaware of the possible derogatory meaning) so I see no problem, but if others don't like it I can change it. I did consider using "satellite" instead but I couldn't come up with a good alternative for "infanyuation". I'm curious to hear others' thoughts. 

 

I'm trying to come up with a good design for the cover right now. I have a few ideas. If people like the design, maybe we can use it for the t-shirt? I'll come back with something soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...