Fan project

Veveco

Dear satellites,

As discussed in the Yuzu Cheer Project, after the 2019 world championships in Saitama, many people wanted to do something to show our appreciation for Yuzuru’s continuous efforts and his incredible performances, and send him a message of encouragement from the Planet. From all the suggestions, two main ideas have emerged (see below). This thread is to summarize our project and provide easy instructions for every satellite who wishes to participate.

1. The fan book project 

We want to show that Yuzuru is truly loved from all over the world by collecting information, messages and pictures from satellites in a fan book. You can help us by following these simple steps.

1. Click here to answer our fan poll. This little poll is meant to find out more about our community. Where do satellites come from? When did they become fans? What are their favorites programs and costumes? Etc. We’ll analyze all the answers at the end and compute some fun stats about the Planet.
  2. Satellites can also directly participate in the fan book by sharing their own experience as fanyus. You can tell us how Yuzuru has impacted your life, share pictures of Yuzuru-inspired creations or write a message for him.

To do so, click here if you have a personal Google account, or here if you do not.

(The only difference between the two forms concerns the upload of pictures. Having a Google account allows you to directly upload them from the form. If you don't have one, you will have to send any picture by email to [email protected] - just a little bit more work for you. Other than that, the 2 versions of the form are identical.)

The deadline for sending your answers and messages is set to May 12. After that date, we will work on analyzing all the results and prepare the book.

If you have any issue with the forms, please contact me and I'll do my best to fix it as soon as possible.

2. The Charity Donation

We also wanted to give a meaningful gift to Yuzuru to show our appreciation. We have decided that, rather than aiming for a material gift, we would honor his kindness by organizing a charity donation. After debating our options (see the threads here and here for more details), we have chosen 2 causes. Opinions were split on the most appropriate one, so we will let people chose individually the one they want to donate to.

Everybody probably knows of Sendai ice rink, and if you wish to know more about Playground of Hope, you can find more information here.

We are still figuring out the practical details of the donation to make it as efficient as possible (we don't want to waste money in international transfer and currency exchange fees). When things are decided, I will update this post with clear instructions on how to proceed. (Meanwhile, don't forget to answer our little poll.)

Thank you all for your participation !

18 hours ago, Veveco said:

Currently, we are aiming to close the forms after May 12th, so in 2 weeks. I hope that is a reasonable time for you.

Ok, awesome thanks... *Spends the next fortnight ensuring every single detail is perfect, cause, hey, I/m a perfectionist*

thank you @Veveco and everyone who helped set up everything:10742289:

I've done the poll but I'll take a bit more time for the form ('cause as always I'm writing wall-texts, so I need to do some serious cutting LOL)

ahhhh choosing top 3 fave costumes and programs is always painful:14066882:  I feel bad for leaving out some of them:13877886:I love you Swanyu bb, I'm so sorry that I couldn't pick you too:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

:xD:

btw, I was thinking that these days not many satellites seem to be online (since no competitions or iceshows with Yuzu), I hope everyone can see the thread, is there a way to have some kind of link in the homepage so everyone can see it? @sallycinnamon @Hydroblade (sorry you're the staff I see online atm):snonegai:

29 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

ahhhh choosing top 3 fave costumes and programs is always painful:14066882:  I feel bad for leaving out some of them:13877886:I love you Swanyu bb, I'm so sorry that I couldn't pick you too:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

We were generous though, we went from a single choice in the draft version to top 3 :biggrin:

pssh: you don't have to worry to much about Swanyu, it's doing fairly well so far.

12 hours ago, LadyLou said:

thank you @Veveco and everyone who helped set up everything:10742289:

I've done the poll but I'll take a bit more time for the form ('cause as always I'm writing wall-texts, so I need to do some serious cutting LOL)

:xD:

btw, I was thinking that these days not many satellites seem to be online (since no competitions or iceshows with Yuzu), I hope everyone can see the thread, is there a way to have some kind of link in the homepage so everyone can see it? @sallycinnamon @Hydroblade (sorry you're the staff I see online atm):snonegai:

Should we tweet about it? :P

ETA: tweeted

What do people think about mailing out little yuzu-related trinkets as "gifts" for donations to people who pledge a, b, or c amount of money to the charity? That way maybe people who can't donate money, can maybe donate handmade stuff, or we could order something like pins in bulk for cheap, just as a nice gesture.