Team we're fewer but still good!

On 10/10/2019 at 2:30 PM, sallycinnamon said:

If she really can't bend forward then I don't understand why she did a Biellmann at Shanghai Trophy...sigh. And she barely has any time to prepare for her GP events because Skate America will be her first event.

Why Hungary? Do you like some skaters from there? 

Yeah! I like a few from there! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 9:04 PM, FueledbyKass said:

Yeah! I like a few from there! 

I don't know if you follow the ladies, but Julia Lang finished 2nd at Halloween Cup last week and Ivett Toth finished only 4th. I think the race for the Europeans and Worlds spot will be quite interesing if Julia continues to improve while Ivett doesn't.

In other news, I read this lovely interview with Julian that was posted today. Wishin him good luck at Skate Canada.

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

That was sad to read. I hope he will get his confidence back and won't have a problem with landing the 3A as the season goes.

It was an unstable jump for him and now we know why :( but apparently he has quads now! Alexander posted a vid of him doing a quad I think in practice at Warsaw Cup 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Look at Paul go, living his best life! I have to admit he's something of a question mark for me as to why he still competes (he's in uncle territory for sure and his skating is kind of meh), but then he goes and does this and I just feel happy for him for giving it a try. Skating is all about those moments. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 2:40 PM, sallycinnamon said:

I don't know if you follow the ladies, but Julia Lang finished 2nd at Halloween Cup last week and Ivett Toth finished only 4th. I think the race for the Europeans and Worlds spot will be quite interesing if Julia continues to improve while Ivett doesn't.

In other news, I read this lovely interview with Julian that was posted today. Wishin him good luck at Skate Canada.

I follow ice dance!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, FueledbyKass said:

I’m really bummed out the Hungarian ice dance team didn’t make it to the free dance. 

They had no real chance for qualifying into the free dance, since their personal best score was six points lower than the cut off (which was 59) and they skated less than their PB. It was their first big ISU competition so that's fine.

Here a new interview with them from yesterday if you're interested, google translate is needed. https://www.bumm.sk/sport/2020/01/23/amerikabol-jottek-mesterseguk-cimere-jegtancos