General Yuzuru Chat

hace 59 minutos , Pamigena said:

Well, the show is only like 5 hours long and they needed to show the golf segment 17 times, and then there were the 32 weather forecasts – they have to cut something, you know :birgits-tired-coffee-smiley-face:

:rofl::pbow::rofl::BeatingHeart:

2 hours ago, crystal said:

I DON'T UNDERSTAND! WHY ARE YOU ROOTING FOR SOMEONE ELSE IF YOU ARE HIS FAN!

I don't expect to be rooting for anyone else to win. But the only way I possibly could is if someone else comes out with two amazing programs that absolutely blow me away, excite me and impress me more than his. Which I would have thought was a very remote possibility. And it still doesn't seem likely, but the recycling opens the door just a teeny tiny crack. But we could be getting worked up over nothing when it comes to Seimei 2.0. Not sure why Ambesi is trolling us like that. 

I am fed up with people who are entitled that Yuzuru should have programs that suit their taste so they can root for him.

This is a sport, and I am telling you this, most Olympic Champion won because they did not risk.

Yagudin watered down his layout to win. Kulik watered down his programs to win too. Frankly Yuna Kim won Vancouver because she didn't have to do 3Lo her weaknest jump anymore. If anything, exciting programs don't help you win. It's the ability to stand on your feet when it counts help you win. If you support him just because you want programs that excite you then feel free to go.

As a sport fan, I support Yuzuru because he is a sport man first and foremost, not because he is an artist or so. If I need art, I have art at classical music world already. This is sport, whoever has the best strategy and mindset win.

1 hour ago, meoima said:

I am fed up with people who are entitled that Yuzuru should have programs that suit their taste so they can root for him.

This is a sport, and I am telling you this, most Olympic Champion won because they did not risk.

Yagudin watered down his layout to win. Kulik watered down his programs to win too. Frankly Yuna Kim won Vancouver because she didn't have to do 3Lo her weaknest jump anymore. If anything, exciting programs don't help you win. It's the ability to stand on your feet when it counts help you win. If you support him just because you want programs that excite you then feel free to go.

As a sport fan, I support Yuzuru because he is a sport man first and foremost, not because he is an artist or so. If I need art, I have art at classical music world already. This is sport, whoever has the best strategy and mindset win.

Thank you for saying this. I'm with you!

It's really annoying that people keep saying they won't root for Yuzu because he does not skate to new programs! WTF! Really people?!?! (Sorry to be rude.) 

What matters most is he delivers two perfect programs at the Olympics. That's all. And I agree if he would like to play safe or focus on technical side only. It's a strategy to win, not to satisfy anyone.

8 minutes ago, meoima said:

To be fair, it's also Yuzu's fault, somewhat, if people expect to have both, because he's been saying (and not just saying, he's been doing it) he wants to blend both.

That said, I pretty much agree with you. I'm not really happy with Chopin now because I don't really like Chopin. But maybe by the time Olympics come, I will, if he changes choreo etc. And even if I don't like it, I'll still root for him, even if I might like another program more. Because I'm rooting for Yuzu overall, not just his programs. But that's just me and how I am. I can be unhappy and even disappointed in his music/program choices and still admire his strategy and mindset and whatever ideas he comes up with.

I also don't understand people who say they won't support him anymore because of this. Like someone else - I'm sorry, I forgot who :( - said, fans have disagreed with his choices many times over the years and most times he proved them wrong. I honestly hope it'll be the same again.

But I think we also have to understand we're all very different and react differently to such things. I was in a WTF state for hours yesterday, but by now it's more of a "let's wait and see what happens".

Just now, KatjaThera said:

To be fair, it's also Yuzu's fault, somewhat, if people expect to have both, because he's been saying (and not just saying, he's been doing it) he wants to blend both.

That said, I pretty much agree with you. I'm not really happy with Chopin now because I don't really like Chopin. But maybe by the time Olympics come, I will, if he changes choreo etc. And even if I don't like it, I'll still root for him, even if I might like another program more. Because I'm rooting for Yuzu overall, not just his programs. But that's just me and how I am. I can be unhappy and even disappointed in his music/program choices and still admire his strategy and mindset and whatever ideas he comes up with.

I also don't understand people who say they won't support him anymore because of this. Like someone else - I'm sorry, I forgot who :( - said, fans have disagreed with his choices many times over the years and most times he proved them wrong. I honestly hope it'll be the same again.

But I think we also have to understand we're all very different and react differently to such things. I was in a WTF state for hours yesterday, but by now it's more of a "let's wait and see what happens".

Honestly, after the Mezamashi thing, i am feeling pretty good :P

22 minutes ago, meoima said:

:bow:

It must be said, everyone's applying their strategy and we just have to see how it pans out. It is the olympic games after all.

Anyways what has always stood out to me about Yuzuru is how he performs everything with his particular style, even made me come to like PW. It'll be interesting to see how that will evolve and new nuances chopin will acquire.

2 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Honestly, after the Mezamashi thing, i am feeling pretty good :P

That's great! :) I am feeling much better, too. (Though not really after Mezamashi... the Koki thing is really sad for me, as a sort of KAT-TUN fan...)

I wonder about interviews in the new Ice Jewels... didn't they often have great in-depth interviews? (I think it was in Ice Jewels he first talked about his foot injury and the tough recovery?)

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I will support Yuzuru always lol, even if he decides to skate to RJ3.0 and RJ4.0 for Olympic season. 

It's hard for me to fall in love with a skater and I don't expect to do so again any time soon.

Nothing is going to make me stop cheering for him either :P he could skate to justin bieber again and you will find me glued to the screen anyways :D

Yesterday I was very 'wtf' but today I'm distinctly less so.

It does come down to strategy and mindset, this is a sport, and I do not think that taking this strategy undermines the artistic/creative/performance elements of the sport.

I might be a touch concerned about whether or not he can pull it off/judges responses and how it could bite him in the ass but if going back to successful programs makes him feel confident and helps him get into the right mindset before performing, I'm fine with it. I'm concerned there might be pressure to perform and meet high expectations that come with these programs but if he is facing such pressure with a degree of confidence, focus, mental clarity and is somewhat comforted by the familiarity with the programs then it's fine. It's a good strategy to make the pressure of the Olympic season more bearable because, let's be real, the pressure to perform and meet high expectations would be there even if he had 2 new programs.

If not having to learn new choreography and attune himself to new music means he can focus more on his technical elements to raise success rates for jumps and GOE across the board, I'm fine with it. If it means he can raise his BV and have any new jumps or combinations, or a more difficult layout without new content, fairly stable and performed to good quality then reusing programs is a good strategy. Also, I don't doubt that in terms of the choreography and the pcs side of things can be elevated and further refined. I don't think he's just going to skate the programs exactly as they were with no adjustments at all. LGC and H&L were both challenging programs that displayed more complexity, nuanced expression, care and refinement with arm movements, body position and steps than any previous program. He's going to bring that to the programs even if the adjustments to the programs are subtle and minimal. It's kind of easy to disregard the choice as a step backwards, but I'm more looking forward to see how he will continue to move forwards by developing two programs that are already considered his best. Because I don't think he will relapse or plateau - that's simply not in his nature.

I think its ok to feel disappointed abit. Even if he has new Sp, there always some people would not like it no matter what. I dont like recycled programs and i want to see as many new things from Yuzu as possible. I think he is capable of more than this. But then, who am I to judge him ? After all, he is the one who skate, and he should do whatever he want. 

As I said before, its too early to worry about anything. Things can be changed. I would start worrying if he doesn't skate clean chopin 3.0 before nationals.

3 hours ago, ShiroKJ said:

There are many of us including me who personally root for Yuzu to win unconditionally but there are others who rotate between skaters depending on the season. I'm like that with the other disciplines too, mainly pairs and dance  :smiley-music025: 

Sorry to the other men but this season I'm gonna do some major :voodoodoll_2:  lol 

You should see me last season (2016-2017) with ice dance. :facepalm: I wanted V/M to win for their SD, but I also wanted P/C to win for their FD. :laughing: 

Fuji TV be like :0010:. But I have to thank them for lightening up the mood a bit.:giggle: 

Meanwhile, our Resident Alien walks into the collective meltdown/confusion/craziness and goes:

DAB6oYKXYAEgTlo.jpg

SOURCE