Media Link Requests

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Hello! If I remember correctly there was no audio (or there were audio issues) when NBC broadcast the Day 3 practice. :(

ETA:  Someone has uploaded D3 practice to GD here [https://starryyuzu.tumblr.com/post/170898994345/yuzurus-practice]

I have a question - maybe it doesn't belong here, but if it doesn't just let me know and I'll go ask it in maybe General Skating Chat - but when all those skaters are out there practicing, how do they NOT run into each other? They don't know each other's routines, so how is it that they can all be practicing on the ice at the same time and they know they won't collide? Sorry for the ignorance but I'm just learning about the more technical side of this stuff...

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Hello! If I remember correctly there was no audio (or there were audio issues) when NBC broadcast the Day 3 practice. :(

ETA:  Someone has uploaded D3 practice to GD here [https://starryyuzu.tumblr.com/post/170898994345/yuzurus-practice]

Ah yes! This is the video I mentioned seeing with no audio—the NBC broadcast for day 3 had audio, but they muted it when you tried screen recording, most likely to prevent reuploading or run-ins with copyright issues or something aghhh. But! I have seen day 3 snippets with audio, which means some people figured out how to get around it?? :13877886: I just thought I'd give it a shot and ask anyway! Thank you though!!

22 minutes ago, NWOhiogal said:

I have a question - maybe it doesn't belong here, but if it doesn't just let me know and I'll go ask it in maybe General Skating Chat - but when all those skaters are out there practicing, how do they NOT run into each other? They don't know each other's routines, so how is it that they can all be practicing on the ice at the same time and they know they won't collide? Sorry for the ignorance but I'm just learning about the more technical side of this stuff...

There's sort of an unwritten rule that if your music is playing then all the other skaters have to give way. There have been some run-ins in the past (Midori Ito and Laetitia Hubert, Takahashi and Kozuka, Rippon and Song Nan, Mai Mihara and Tuktamysheva... and of course Yuzu and Han Yan at COC'14) but generally, most skaters are usually able to avoid them. It helps that skaters of the same coaching team train together in one rink so most of them are used to have other people skating around when they do a run through. So basically, they just get used to it.

Hi, I didn't watched Olympics from JPN stream, so I'm wondering if JPN (either Gorin or TV version) got footage from different angle than NBC broadcast and NBC stream/Olympics Channel? If yes, have anyone uploaded those yet?

And I want to ask if anyone has uploaded  video of victory ceremony where they also shot the Hug?

2 hours ago, crazykuroneko said:

Hi, I didn't watched Olympics from JPN stream, so I'm wondering if JPN (either Gorin or TV version) got footage from different angle than NBC broadcast and NBC stream/Olympics Channel? If yes, have anyone uploaded those yet?

And I want to ask if anyone has uploaded  video of victory ceremony where they also shot the Hug?

maybe this thread will be useful? (last row with the Olympics, under Multiple broadcasts)

I haven't watched NBC, but from what i heard they were the ones that had completely different angles than most other channels actually.

Super late but just saw this from the JWC thread and bringing it over here..

On 3/10/2018 at 1:27 AM, yuzupon said:

Amy Lin is wearing a mask. How do you skate and breath like that?:13877886:

On 3/10/2018 at 1:30 AM, ralucutzagy said:

I saw Yuzu doing it in practice once or twice.

On 3/10/2018 at 1:31 AM, SparkleSalad said:

Eh? Really? Do you happen to know when that was? Not sure why I care. :laughing:

Yuzu sometimes uses masks during RTs for stamina training. Here's a clip of his practice at NHK'14

Spoiler

6 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Super late but just saw this from the JWC thread and bringing it over here..

Yuzu sometimes uses masks during RTs for stamina training. Here's a clip of his practice at NHK'14

Hide contents

The reason I asked was when I was living in Jakarta (notorious for its' high pollution, among other things), I tried wearing a mask while doing my morning jogging in the neighbourhood (so I don't have to drive/take a ride to the nearest 'park' for a relatively fresher air). 2 minutes into actual running and I was about to pass out. It's really hard. Another reason why I am not an athlete.:13877886:

:thanks: for finding this video, tho!! 

I can't seem to find it anymore. Does anyone have a link to the video of team Japan's interview post WTT 2015, the one with Mura, Satoko, Yuzu and Kanako? They were being interviewed by Nobu and Matsuoka in a room I believe and I think at one point they teased Kanoko about her hairstyle.

2 hours ago, Forcefield said:

I can't seem to find it anymore. Does anyone have a link to the video of team Japan's interview post WTT 2015, the one with Mura, Satoko, Yuzu and Kanako? They were being interviewed by Nobu and Matsuoka in a room I believe and I think at one point they teased Kanoko about her hairstyle.

This one?

Spoiler