Suggestions?

Ok, fixed the banner and avatars, they shouldn't overflow on small screens.

wow that was fast, thank you!!!

BTW, feel free to upload new skins.....no pressure hahah <3

No problem! Ooooh, yeah! I'll definitely have some fun with that next weekend. In fact, I'd start today, but I've been procrastinating all weekend and have hw due at midnight :smile (Yuzuru > hw any day of the week, though)

thanks!

and yeah, i think i won't have time to do much else today, and generally don't have time during the week, so any updates will have to come next weekend as well...

if it is not too much trouble, can we have an option to embed youtube video and twitter? i asummed we'll be posting a lot of those things and some people may prefer to just see it here rather than clicking the url to take it to another page

@yuzuangel i think what @ShiroKJ means is something like, say in tumblr, when we post a link, its not the url that shows up on the post but just an underlined title that if we click will take us to the url

edit: also i noticed when i edit post, the post in question does not inform the readers that it has been edited, this could be a problem? and usually there is some time limit (15 min?) to edit post so user wouldnt just edit it after like, two days for example, because it will be confusing.

Thank you for all your hard work, you guys rock :bow:

@yuzuangel i think what @ShiroKJ means is something like, say in tumblr, when we post a link, its not the url that shows up on the post but just an underlined title that if we click will take us to the url

Yep. Also, I don't really like the feature where it informs you of a new post everytime you try to submit a comment....if our thread moves even half as fast as the GS FF, we'll never be able post our comments :smile

So to organize a bit, from what i've seen until now, other posters talked about:

1) Layout Design

2) Put the avatars of the posters on the left and the their posts on the right. yes, please, completely agree

2) Increase the number of posts in one page.

3) Increase the diversity of emoticons available.

4) Improve the current layout on mobile.

5) The Like/Dislike function - I believe this is a long term thing, some people talked about some issues with hosting. which I admit I understood nothing but carry on

6) Competition translations separate from other translations.

7) An option to embed youtube video and twitter.

8) An option to rename urls.

9) Inform readers if posts were edited. And maybe put a time limit when the poster is able to edit it, the suggestion was 15 min. my take on the time limit is what about introductory posts on competition threads and other long posts that need to be updated with new info sometimes even a day after? I don't think time limit is necessary, but that's my opinion.

10) Remove the feature that informs you of a new post everytime you try to submit a comment, in order to avoid issues when the threads become too fast-paced.

Others:

1) Unpin most if not all the topics on the temporary forum that are not the announcement of the new site and if possible make it the 'latest news' that appears on top of the forum.

And my suggestion is: Can we bring the little Ina Bauer icon that appeared on the tab at the Kuyashii forum? LOL irrelevant, I know, but I can't help myself

This is me being picky, but I wanted to know if it is possible. k.

Again, thank you for all of the hard work put into the creation of Planet Hanyu :yay: I admit I'm not the most well versed person on how you create this type of place on the internet so I'm grateful that there are proficient people around.

Yep. Also, I don't really like the feature where it informs you of a new post everytime you try to submit a comment....if our thread moves even half as fast as the GS FF, we'll never be able post our comments :smile

Same here. Is there a way to remove this feature?

Also if we can move the ava to the left-side hand and the posts at the right-side hands that would be neat hahaha, but I can live with layout too, I guess

Same here. Is there a way to remove this feature?

Also if we can move the ava to the left-side hand and the posts at the right-side hands that would be neat hahaha, but I can live with layout too, I guess

Bolded: Should be fixed now, tell me if it isn't

URLs: Hmm I'll look into it

As for the layouts, yes we can do that, but editing/making layouts takes time, so this one might take a while ._.

sorry this is a bit err... controversial(?) but is "Lets talk about GS FF' thread for public to see? because i think it'd be better if it's set for member only (maybe members with at least 1 post) just so trolls (edit: these means lurker) from GS or other place who wanna see what people say and stir MORE DRAMA wont get content for it without joining and posting at least once (and getting banned if theyre actual troll)

I'm going on holidays tomorrow, but I still wanted to ask for when I get back in a couple of weeks XD

Would you allow a thread that would go along these lines :

"A look back" <<< maybe the title of the thread?

Where once a week, we'd post one video of a program, so that people could discover/discuss/cry/criticise the choice of costume/ ect...

We could go back all the way to the very first few videos available on the Internet, and catch up to the current ones with time.

I think it could be something nice to do during the off season.

It could also be a nice presentation of who Yuzu came from to where he is now. Making it easier for newcomers to get to know him as a skater, if they wish to do so.

I was thinking maybe as a topic in the media forum? With new sub-topics for every video. First I thought about an ongoing discussion, but then I realised that it would be so much more clear as unique sub-topics, which would also allow discussion on one particular program long after it has been posted (because it often feels wrong to post about something that happened 20 pages previous, when everybody else in the thread has long moved on).

Let me know? :clap:

Thank you :)