2018/19 Coaching changes

Только что, DaPurpleDino сказал:

Does it say anything about a new coach? :)

Sadly I think she doesn't have influence and money that Zhenya have... So someone in Russia if someone will go against Eteri in this one.

But here only that she left and it's confirmed by herself

4 minutes ago, Lilona said:

Polina officially out

mrgn5iNzQVY.jpg

This cannot be coincidence. What on earth is going on at Sambo? I would've thought it's a bit unusual to essentially have a mass exodus of known names from a club at the same time? It smells of rats fleeing the sinking ship?

13 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

Just thinking: Rip Brian's baggage: one more jacket. :rofl:

He’s going to have more luggage than JW at this rate.

Hoping that someone will take Polina on - i I despise this backstabbing bullying attitude - ‘we don’t want you , but we don’t want you to have any kind of a career that we don’t control’ 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

1 hour ago, Yatagarasu said:

@yuzupon I am still...

454a98f3e113c7c0adf25600e049dfeb.gif

Ah, joining you now that Medv has replied with such class. Eyebrow game will never be THAT on point tho:smiley-laughing021:

I've never been proud of her skating, but this moment, THIS MOMENT. Hat's off to you, girly.

Re: Tsurkaya, :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

Только что, Cerunias сказал:

Apologies. But any hope of an English translation?

They asked her abt rumors and yesterday Eteri's info. They want last news.

She said that officially now my new mentor become Brian Orser. It's official information so...

Journalist:  Tell us some details. Where was the last drop, when you decided to left Tutberidze.

Zhenya: I don't want to talk abt details. Thank you.

J: Now you will be live and train in North America?

Zhenya: Yes.

J: Tell us abt when you will move to North America. How you'll handle it?

Zhenya: Honestly, for now, it's all in a level of planning. Only that I want to say-yes, sometimes rumors confirm.

J: Orser was happy that you'll become his pupil?

End of video.

3 minutes ago, Lilona said:

They asked her abt rumors and yesterday Eteri's info. They want last news.

She said that officially now my new mentor become Brian Orser. It's official information so...

Journalist:  Tell us some details. Where was the last drop, when you decided to left Tutberidze.

Zhenya: I don't want to talk abt details. Thank you.

J: Now you will be live and train in North America?

Zhenya: Yes.

J: Tell us abt when you will move to North America. How you'll handle it?

Zhenya: Honestly, for now, it's all in a level of planning. Only that I want to say-yes, sometimes rumors confirm.

J: Orser was happy that you'll become his pupil?

End of video.

Thanks.

Strikes me that there is definitely a heck of a story hidden behind-the-scenes, which Eteri has alluded to already from one perspective. Zhenya is very much taking the high road and trying to avoid dragging herself through muck...undoubtedly Zhenya will earn herself much kudos for that...

16 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I can't really get into her skating (except Europeans EX was pretty awesome. I hope TCC can move her past the pantomime and bring out those genuine emotions some more!) but how can you not love her as a person? So proud of her! 

I thought her Olympic free skate was wonderful, and might have been the first time I really liked her performance. Looking forward to seeing what her working with Brian will produce! 

22 minutes ago, Lilona said:

Polina officially out

mrgn5iNzQVY.jpg

I’m crying oh my god i’m so happy for her! Been following her for a while, reading her interviews and stuffs. i can only say, while i respect Eteri team for what they’ve brought to her and I understand that her injuries are main reasons why she didn’t progress much, I can’t help but feel like she was receiving less attention, esp during last season when Eteri is busy with Olympics and juniors.

Polina said that coaching team encouraged her to stay, but what i gain from the tone, it seems more like general encouragement than continuous, passionate supports. She also said that the one who changed herself is her mindset, that she got inspiration from Aljona Savchenko. 

I don’t want to blame on Eteri for everything, i just want to say that, as a Polina fan, I have my reasons to support her move.

Edit to fix grammar :13877886: