2018/19 Coaching changes

Very good Russian tea. There r all cases how FS left Eteri and what she said after. Also good and sad info abt Rus ladies for past quad and Rus haters. I read it yesterday in Russian but it was so long I can't translate it but that good girl made it!

https://black-halla.tumblr.com/post/173765189127/fear-and-loathing-in-fs-thread-or-whats-wrong

On 5/9/2018 at 12:13 PM, Nuitsuki said:

There is no way Eteri didn’t know Zhenya is moving. The head of Sambo club knew, RusFed knew, and she didn’t know? Her group deleted Zhenya’s pics a couple days before the announcement. She must’ve known, she just wanted to portray herself as an innocent coach who was abandoned by her ‘daughter’ 😩

Let's say your boyfriend has not been replying your messages and calls for days. This is exactly what happens before your ex left you, so you immediately suspects that your boyfriend has left, but you have no proof of that. Out of anger, you delete all his photos in your social media account. Then one day, you notice that he has uploaded a photo of him with his new gf. Finally, you realise that you have officially been dumped. 

This is what I think could have happened between Eteri and Medv. I don't like what Eteri did, revealing private conversation bet. her and Medv to the whole world, but I wouldn't jump into the conlusion that she must be lying about not knowing Medv has left.

8 minutes ago, Huiqi said:

Let's say your boyfriend has not been replying your messages and calls for days. This is exactly what happens before your ex left you, so you immediately suspects that your boyfriend has left, but you have no proof of that. Out of anger, you delete all his photos in your social media account. Then one day, you notice that he has uploaded a photo of him with his new gf. Finally, you realise that you have officially been dumped. 

This is what I think could have happened between Eteri and Medv. I don't like what Eteri did, revealing private conversation bet. her and Medv to the whole world, but I wouldn't jump into the conlusion that she must be lying about not knowing Medv has left.

I protest. This is not and should never be as intense a relationship as with between sexual partners. In professional spheres, you don’t delete someone from your life because you suspect they are trying to find another job. You don’t delete them because they don’t answer your emails either - especially if they’re busy doing other professional things such as shows in Korea at the time. 

Look, if we Russian fans knew this for weeks, there’s no way Eteri didn’t know. None. The gossip was rife and it was everywhere. 

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

I protest. This is not and should never be as intense a relationship as with between sexual partners. In professional spheres, you don’t delete someone from your life because you suspect they are trying to find another job. You don’t delete them because they don’t answer your emails either - especially if they’re busy doing other professional things such as shows in Korea at the time. 

Look, if we Russian fans knew this for weeks, there’s no way Eteri didn’t know. None. The gossip was rife and it was everywhere. 

This.

And also there were reports about friction between the two for over a month. And let's also put out there that Eteri T has a habit of yelling at her skaters and throwing them out, expecting them to come back with flowers, as was reportedly done to both Alina and Polina T. My take, which is only my take, is that they had a bit of a bust-up, things were said, and Eteri expected Zhenya to go back to her, possibly with those flowers, anyway because that's what she expects from her students. If you really want to take the analogy of a relationship, which I don't think is appropriate, it's like when you have a huge fight with your ex where terrible things were said and said ex moves out, but you expect them to come back because you have an ego the size of a planet. A big planet, not like mercury.

7 minutes ago, Fay said:

Gossips are not official. It's like you hearing rumours that your bf has found a new gf. Until he tells you in person that he has decided to break up with you, you would not know 100% if the rumours are true, though you suspect them to be. 

"You don’t delete someone from your life because you suspect they are trying to find another job." Of course not. But if that person does not answer your message even after the iceshows are over... 

2 minutes ago, Huiqi said:

Gossips are not official. It's like you hearing rumours that your bf has found a new gf. Until he tells you in person that he has decided to break up with you, you would not know 100% if the rumours are true, though you suspect them to be. 

"You don’t delete someone from your life because you suspect they are trying to find another job." Of course not. But if that person does not answer your message even after the iceshows are over... 

I think the gossip leaked only after something started to go through. Myth always has basis in fact. My bet is Eteri heard it through a reliable grapevine.

We don't know she didn't respond, though. She might have on phone, on messenger, anything else.

4 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

I think the gossip leaked only after something started to go through. Myth always has basis in fact. My bet is Eteri heard it through a reliable grapevine.

We don't know she didn't respond, though. She might have on phone, on messenger, anything else.

Or she might have made it clear enough that she was out, before that, and Eteri decided that it wasn't serious because it was said during that time of friction that apparently everybody in Russian fs world knew about. :shrug: A few unanswered texts apparently sent after most people you'd expect to be in the know already knew doesn't mean Evgenia gave Eteri no reason to believe it was done. Sticking with the flawed analogy of a relationship, if you tell somebody it's over and get out, and they don't believe you because you said it when you're upset and you keep getting texts from them, do you owe them replies? I don't think so. 

ETA: Anybody willing to be cynical about Evgenia's motivations and actions should also consider the possibility that those messages were sent after it was clear that there would be no replies, too. If the process of contract negotiation had already started with the fed and the club, then they would have a big part in deciding what Evgenia is supposed to communicate to the coach. Surely if she told her club and the club did not tell the coach that choreo and planning for that athlete is not necessary, that's a problem with the club and its structure. Actually put that way, it's very unlikely because club resources would've been wasted with that planning.

11 minutes ago, Huiqi said:

If gossip got around to fan forums, the Federation did know about it. That’s the insider’s information - people who do have things to do with the Federation. So if the people from the Federation knew, Eteri knew. It’s a fact. 

This analogy with lovers baffles me - do you really have such an intense relationship with your bosses that you can’t survive two days without your replying to them? Zhenya left on April 14th, she was back on April 23, she had every right to keep silent because she was in a diffirent country. 

And a boss who gets as suspicious as this of a subordinate who’s busy doing something else and then goes off on a holiday is laghable to me. The only thing I would have thought is there’s some problem with the email/communication. And no, I won’t cut a person out of my life because they don’t answer to me. In fact, I won’t cut a person out of my life even after they go on to work for someone else. 

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Or she might have made it clear enough that she was out, before that, and Eteri decided that it wasn't serious because it was said during that time of friction that apparently everybody in Russian fs world knew about. :shrug: A few unanswered texts apparently sent after most people you'd expect to be in the know already knew doesn't mean Evgenia gave Eteri no reason to believe it was done. Sticking with the flawed analogy of a relationship, if you tell somebody it's over and get out, and they don't believe you because you said it when you're upset and you keep getting texts from them, do you owe them replies? I don't think so. 

What you said are all your own speculation. The thing is, Medv has made it clear that she is not leaving Eteri in an interview. What happened in between then and now, only Eteri and Medv know. So, imo, we should not judge too quickly. 

IMO we probably only knew 10% of the whole story. Alot of parties involve and we never know all the behind the scene deals. The way Eteri reveal private chat on national TV is wrong on every level. But the fact this spilt became a big mess like this means Evgenia's side wasn't 100% right either. I think oth side could've behave better. While most people focus on Eteri and Evgenia (and Brian), I feel Rus fed play a more important role than what media focus. There's no way Evgenia could move to Canada that soon and easy without some green lights from Rus fed.  

The more I think of this analogy, the more flawed it is. I mean, in that case, essentially after stringing her along for two years promising to put a ring on it as long as she did everything she was told, when she got hurt by doing the things she was told, she was shunted to one side and the shiny new girl got the shiny ring instead! 

Since it's not a (romantic) relationship, I don't think the coach did anything wrong by doing that. Her job was to get the medals, and she did. 

1 minute ago, Huiqi said:

What you said are all your own speculation. The thing is, Medv has made it clear that she is not leaving Eteri in an interview. What happened in between then and now, only Eteri and Medv know. So, imo, we should not judge too quickly. 

Since this isn’t exactly the first time a student leaves Eteri with a scandal, I think we have every ground for suspecting a pattern there. 

And you know, unofficial information such as information from insiders is information nonetheless. Especially if their earlier stories turned out to be true.