What Hogwarts house would Yuzu belong to?

robin

5 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

That's a very valid point. Yuzu's definitely the kind of person to rely on hard work as opposed to 'shortcuts', so I can definitely see where you're coming from.

Good point! I guess in terms of general traits, another thing I think makes me think Slytherin>Gryffindor is that I feel like Yuzu is the type to think before he acts rather than the other way around. He doesn't strike me as being impulsive but moreso the type to take a step back and calculate. The more I think about this, the more I feel like he really doesn't fit into one house :13877886:

Well, he fits into the Axel House mentioned above. :knc_brian2:

32 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Out of curiosity, I took the sorting hat test on Pottermore and got Slytherin lol :13877886: I don't think I answered any of the questions in a self-centered way though- in fact, there was only one question about a team situation where there's three of you and one of you has to fight the troll the pass. So I picked the logical answer i.e. 'try and confuse the troll into letting all of you pass' :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I am by no means a HP fan- I've read the books and watched the movies since I grew up with it though. And I personally don't think the houses are black and white at all. I do think Yuzu has brave qualities, like his perseverance during practices and comps in the face of adversity. But because figure skating is such an individualistic sport, I feel like a lot of those behaviours are driven by the ambition to win and succeed, which imo feels very Slytherin to me. It doesn't matter who his opponent is- he wants to crush the competition. And that doesn't really give me the Gryffindor vibe for some reason :/

Agreed. To me he is mostly Slytherin and Hufflepuff. I don't see Slytherin as being the self-centered house, though. Ambition does not equal selfishness. And obviously, while the books tend to portray Slytherin as the evil house, if we take them at face value, just based on the actual qualities of the house, Yuzu seems quite Slytherin to me. More so than Gryffindor, which is the house of courage and glory. Courage I can see, but Yuzu doesn't strike me as the kind who cares about glory. Glory might come along with his achievements, but I think what he wants is, not the glory, but to prove to himself that he accomplished his goals (Slytherin), and to not disappoint his country and the people who have supported him (Hufflepuff).

As for the reasons the houses seem very black and white in the books, well, that's not very surprising either. If Slytherin has a reputation for Evil, all the kids with Slytherin qualities will beg to be put somewhere else, leaving only the kids who don't mind being called evil.  

I don't know what you're all talking about, I totally have not put a lot of thought into the Harry Potter sorting system. Really.

2 minutes ago, guitarist said:

If Slytherin has a reputation for Evil, all the kids with Slytherin qualities will beg to be put somewhere else, leaving only the kids who don't mind being called evil.  

Gryffindor produced a great deal of Dark Wizards and Witches too, it's just not really brought up much.

we all think Yuzu plans, and then he reveals he decided his layouts for olys on the morning of comp. I  would argue that while he has a large goal, he ends up being more random than premeditated. His attitude towards competition and rivals is different from others, and I would argue lean more towrds Gryffindor. 

3 minutes ago, nagini said:

Gryffindor produced a great deal of Dark Wizards and Witches too, it's just not really brought up much.

Yeah, the books really do make it seem so black and white :facepalm: What I meant is that Slytherin is, on average, going to create more Dark Lord's because it's rather self-selecting, not because the qualities of the house are intrinsically evil. 

1 hour ago, nagini said:

I'll just quote: " It’s where the bravest and boldest end up – for instance: Albus Dumbledore! Yes, Dumbledore himself, the greatest wizard of our time, was a Gryffindor! If that’s not enough for you, I don’t know what is."  source

Dumbledore hoodwinked the sorting hat somehow because by the end of the series, could anybody possibly doubt that he was meant to be Slytherin? He outdid Snape in being devious and cunning! Yes, raise a baby in terrible conditions without keeping a proper eye on him and intimidating the stupid family into treating him with basic decency, then train him carefully (by letting him do dreadfully dangerous things at 11 years old!!!) to be either the saviour or the sacrifice, either will work just fine, for the good of the world - Gryffindor?! Ha!

Yuzu would be Slytherin, partly because I don't think he has the bravado-style bravery of Gryffindor. He's fearless when it comes to skating, but let's not forget that walking on land and going through doors can defeat him. No Ravenclaw would do CiONTU. The plagiarising Slytherin boy. :P 

2 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Dumbledore hoodwinked the sorting hat somehow because by the end of the series, could anybody possibly doubt that he was meant to be Slytherin? He outdid Snape in being devious and cunning! Yes, raise a baby in terrible conditions without keeping a proper eye on him and intimidating the stupid family into treating him with basic decency, then train him carefully (by letting him do dreadfully dangerous things at 11 years old!!!) to be either the saviour or the sacrifice, either will work just fine, for the good of the world - Gryffindor?! Ha!

Yuzu would be Slytherin, partly because I don't think he has the bravado-style bravery of Gryffindor. He's fearless when it comes to skating, but let's not forget that walking on land and going through doors can defeat him. No Ravenclaw would do CiONTU. The plagiarising Slytherin boy. :P 

...you make him sound very hufflepuff...

20 minutes ago, Xen said:

...you make him sound very hufflepuff...

He has an evil streak that would make Hufflepuff reject him. :P That smirk when he sees his rivals? He says all the right things and he does respect them and admire them, but he is also supremely confident in his own abilities, to the point that when he's waiting for warmup, he has this smirk that says 'Do you not see that I'm back? You will see soon enough.' The 3A because the crowd was chanting Javi's name when he was on the ice? The boy respects his competition, all right, but from his perch of knowing he is the best.

Slytherin, I tell you. Slytherin. 

(I want to be Slytherin but I keep getting stuck n Ravenclaw and I'd never get into the common room, that password system, I'guess that makes me Forbidden Forest.)

ETA: A true Gryffindor wouldn't have settled for a relatively sane layout of sal and toe. :P Calculated risk intended to result in victory - if it weren't for the CiONTU, I'd say Ravenclaw for sure. Excellent at his chosen field with a deep understanding of it, eloquent and articulate, and also a bit hopeless at regular stuff because his head is always in his chosen field. 

Just now, singermelodie1 said:

I finally got what your name is :peekapooh:

Haha, i was wondering when this will be brought up 

PS: I'm truly in gryffindor. The name though it stuck with me as i just liked how it sounds. Long, long time ago i read somewhere that it is a Hindu name and it's  originally coming from the goddess Naga which is the Sanskrit and Pali word for a deity or class of entity or being. I just never thought to change it.

• Hydroblade changed the title to What Hogwarts house would Yuzu belong to?