Team Canada

I'm quite sorry to see Nam go, he brought a style all his own to the ice, but thinking of all his struggles over the past two years, I'm not surprised that he decided it was time to move on.

New Romsky video is up. He seems to be a lot more confident about his skating compared to even 18 months ago. As bad as the Olympics went for him, I think it gave him confidence that he even made it there...and judging by the way he talks at the end here  it sounds like he's planning to hang in and compete for a while longer. 

On 5/27/2022 at 8:46 AM, rockstaryuzu said:

I'm quite sorry to see Nam go, he brought a style all his own to the ice, but thinking of all his struggles over the past two years, I'm not surprised that he decided it was time to move on.

New Romsky video is up. He seems to be a lot more confident about his skating compared to even 18 months ago. As bad as the Olympics went for him, I think it gave him confidence that he even made it there...and judging by the way he talks at the end here  it sounds like he's planning to hang in and compete for a while longer. 

I got the same vibe, sounds like he wants to stay competitive for quite some time. Any guesses what his third quad could be?

2 hours ago, Faithyu said:

I got the same vibe, sounds like he wants to stay competitive for quite some time. Any guesses what his third quad could be?

Took a quick peek through some of his old protocols, and lately he's been doing a fair bit of 3Lz-3T, but he also does 3Lo-3T. He tends to bury 3F in the depths of the program.  Which could mean nothing, or Roman really trusts his 3F.

Anyway I think it'll be  4Lz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2022 at 2:07 PM, Anni said:

....and here is it :wink2:

Roman's video about the choreo of his new FP

Hmm....my guess: something flowy (LOL, what isn't). And all these reaching guestures: wanting, loss, hoping, love.....well, it doesn't look like it would fit to a rock or heavy accented piece.

And no idea how one can choreograph without hearing the music during the process.... he must have the whole piece in his head.

On 7/4/2022 at 11:46 PM, Faithyu said:

Hmm....my guess: something flowy (LOL, what isn't). And all these reaching guestures: wanting, loss, hoping, love.....well, it doesn't look like it would fit to a rock or heavy accented piece.

And no idea how one can choreograph without hearing the music during the process.... he must have the whole piece in his head.

Yes, I also imagine it to be very difficult.  But I think once the general process has been learned,  will both definitely also practice the choreo with music. 

I'm already curious about his programs.