Team Canada

4 hours ago, Katt said:

I know its not something good when someone said he's in Vancouver a couple weeks ago. At this rate, I just hope to see him at Can national and Olympic but tbh, I dont have a good feeling.  

One of his fans said that he apparently was practicing while in Vancouver but without a coach? And that wine story too ... count me in the not a good feeling crowd. IDEK what to think. 

5 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

One of his fans said that he apparently was practicing while in Vancouver but without a coach? And that wine story too ... count me in the not a good feeling crowd. IDEK what to think. 

I'm not reading too much meaning into the wine thing just yet - I thought that seemed to just be a funny incident when out with friends, not some sort of pattern. But this sort of radio silence does kind of feel like a precursor to an unexpected retirement... though I feel like maybe he'll at least go to Olys for the team event? 

Does he have an official fanclub or fan website? I hope they can send him something to cheer him up : /  

10 minutes ago, kaerb said:

I'm not reading too much meaning into the wine thing just yet - I thought that seemed to just be a funny incident when out with friends, not some sort of pattern. But this sort of radio silence does kind of feel like a precursor to an unexpected retirement... though I feel like maybe he'll at least go to Olys for the team event? 

Does he have an official fanclub or fan website? I hope they can send him something to cheer him up : /  

I mostly thought about his words how he didn't want to travel for NHK then he up and traveled to Vancouver and stayed there. We didn't know he was there until the wine thing. It was all just so odd.

Legit no idea. He was at that Skate Canada thing today, or was supposed to, so he's not totally off the radar now. 

13 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I think that wine story is quite funny, i dont think it relate to his skating. The things happened at SC, the WDing from NHK and he's not practicing with coach right now didn't give me good feeling too. I just hope I'm wrong. 

@Katt The story itself is funny; but remember, he said he didn't want to travel so no NHK. And then he up and went to BC with the gf and all of that, which we got to know thanks to the wine story. That's why I find it relevant for the most part, and kind of fitting in with the rest alas. I guess we'll see. January is not far away.

1 minute ago, Fay said:

Could he have had a coach change now?

Way too late for that I'd say. 

I wonder if he wants to give it a go solo, which by now, he should know is a dumb idea but who knows. Maybe he'll just go back to Marina like it's nothing, as she seems willing :shrug:

I would not be surprised if he needed time alone and away from competing after SCI. When you have doubt in your mind, you can’t just keep going according to your schedule. I think coming back for Nationals and Olympics is still one of his options, otherwise, he would stay completely off the ice like Mao did after JP Nats last year. Hope he will come back. 

Oh.....that's really worrying if they've taken him out of promotional materials -- it means that, at best, he's not confirmed his attendance so they can't advertise something uncertain and at worst, has already withdrawn ): I'd really hate to see Patrick go out with that Skate Canada skate as his last....

On 2.12.2017 at 4:01 AM, kaerb said:

Oh.....that's really worrying if they've taken him out of promotional materials -- it means that, at best, he's not confirmed his attendance so they can't advertise something uncertain and at worst, has already withdrawn ): I'd really hate to see Patrick go out with that Skate Canada skate as his last....

This just feels all wrong :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: