Team Russia

12 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Well that'll be interesting to see because she's had UR problems but good on her for trying. 

And wrong, heeeh even though yes, apart from little Bet, I doubt anyone else will try. 

In the FS Gossips article she said that she tried it a couple of times, but didn't really practice it. The  R-Sport article didn't go into details so I think my translation wasn't that accurate. Maybe she'll practice it more after the Olympics but it's really early to tell now. 

4 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

In the FS Gossips article she said that she tried it a couple of times, but didn't really practice it. The  R-Sport article didn't go into details so I think my translation wasn't that accurate. Maybe she'll practice it more after the Olympics but it's really early to tell now. 

You know, at this point I wonder if they're all almost feeling obliged to say they've tried it etc. And yes, plenty of time to go until then, she and everyone else have bigger fish to fry right now! With Zagi coming in, Masha's place is definitely not secure. 

3 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

You know, at this point I wonder if they're all almost feeling obliged to say they've tried it etc. And yes, plenty of time to go until then, she and everyone else have bigger fish to fry right now! With Zagi coming in, Masha's place is definitely not secure. 

She has to be consistently good in the season and I understand that it's not the right time to risk anything, but I wish her program choices were a bit more interesting...

14 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

She has to be consistently good in the season and I understand that it's not the right time to risk anything, but I wish her program choices were a bit more interesting...

True that and it might end up being a disservice to her as so many Russian ladies have quite a bit of strong personality on ice. We'll see I guess.

The Russians have decided to out-do the USA on the scores. Bad, bad :laughing:

1. Kostner 3F+2T 3Lo 2A 72.87

2. Tuktamysheva 3T+3T 3Lz 2A 72.29

3. Gubanova 2A 3F+3T 3Lzrippon 70.68

4. Konstantinova 2A 3Ftano+3T 3Lztano 68.80

5. Sakhanovich 3F+3T 3Lzrippon 2A 63.65

6. Degtyareva 3Lz+3T 2A 3F 62.18

7. Leonova 3T+2T 3F 2A 62.00

And men

1. Aliev 99+ (if not 100)

2. Kolyada 96.8

Hopefully more precise info pops up.

7 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

The Russians have decided to out-do the USA on the scores. Bad, bad :laughing:

1. Kostner 3F+2T 3Lo 2A 72.87

2. Tuktamysheva 3T+3T 3Lz 2A 72.29

3. Gubanova 2A 3F+3T 3Lzrippon 70.68

4. Konstantinova 2A 3Ftano+3T 3Lztano 68.80

5. Sakhanovich 3F+3T 3Lzrippon 2A 63.65

6. Degtyareva 3Lz+3T 2A 3F 62.18

7. Leonova 3T+2T 3F 2A 62.00

And men

1. Aliev 99+ (if not 100)

2. Kolyada 96.8

Hopefully more precise info pops up.

Jeez... what's with those scores. LOL!

21 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Do we have the news here? Ksenia and Fedor are missing the test skates, he's still injured (had surgery last month) and has a ban on working with weight until Sept 1st.

In his interview he said that the surgery had nothing to do with injury so he's not injured. But he didn't give any other information. The rumors are that they had to change their program urgently and they need more time to work on it before Finlandia Trophy.