Team Russia

9 minutes ago, Hannah said:

It's the same as the previous news about Adelina Sotnikova. It doesn't really mean anything just that Urmanov didn't update RusFed about Yulia's condition + plans... 

Isn't that a bit odd though? Considering everything? Well I guess we'll wait for the test skates but tbh, I am not too optimistic. Hopefully am wrong though!

6 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Isn't that a bit odd though? Considering everything? Well I guess we'll wait for the test skates but tbh, I am not too optimistic. Hopefully am wrong though!

Honestly, I'll be very surprised (and delighted) if Yulia comes back. We've had no real news of her for six months now - and that doesn't bode well.

57 minutes ago, Fay said:

Honestly, I'll be very surprised (and delighted) if Yulia comes back. We've had no real news of her for six months now - and that doesn't bode well.

Poor girl. She was so talented. She wasn't the best jumper in the world but her jumps really improved after Sochi. If she retires, I'll miss her musicality, spins, and general charm. Hopefully she'll perform in shows but...I don't really watch shows much. 

15 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Poor girl. She was so talented. She wasn't the best jumper in the world but her jumps really improved after Sochi. If she r****s, I'll miss her musicality, spins, and general charm. Hopefully she'll perform in shows but...I don't really watch shows much. 

She doesn't really like shows and I remember she once said that she prefers to r**** and not to do any shows. :crybaby:

I still hope that she can surprise us all this September... 

I think the post-Sochi show tour was very traumatic for her - she was clearly exhausted that season, so she hated it. I wonder if she could find it i her to enjoy shows now, but probably not. She's a competitor, not a show girl... though she can be fantastic in a show, as last September showed us.

I know she said she wasn't interested but sometimes I wonder if she maybe should have given pairs a shot. It's different enough that it may have helped her get over the psychological block she quite obviously has. It really would be amazing if she could stay in skating, whatever the way, though I understand and I guess all the press nonsense from a while back didn't endear to her any change of discipline.