Music talk

Yea I think if we were to play guessing game.. we should think of the more conventional, 'safe' ones.. though your suggestions were lovely!!

So... Carmen?? :smile:

/jk

Aahhh I can't think of that one composer I wanted to mention.. my brain's fried from the training earlier today (I work on Saturday isn't that awesome lol).

Carmen is one of my least favorite warhorses :sadPooh:

I'll die if Yuzu skates to One-Winged Angel, even though only in an ice show or exhibition :love:

Fans have been clamoring for this for such a long time... How is the staus of this song in Japan? Do you need to be a video game fan, or would an average person know it too? I wonder if Yuzuru knows it. If he's heard it, he must have thought of skating to it, right?

Carmen as a piece is fine for me.. but for a skating music. Ehh.. probably not. I just think it's overused. I can't think of a war horse I really like tbh but again I'm not really knowledgeable on warhorses, plus I haven't followed skating for that much longer.

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. Thank you for all your opinions and thoughts.

He surely chooses a warhorse only if he really likes it and feels the piece suits well for his skating style. So I guess it would to be fine with a warhorse too. But if he chooses something different, these came to my mind:

For SP japanese music or a strong classic aria like Una furtiva lagrima by Donizetti or maybe Ombra mai fu (Largo) by Händel. Mainly orchestral versions with some singing in the end of the program.

For FS a modern song:

- Alive by Sia ( or Unstoppable, Never give up...) Sia is as strong in music as Yuzu is on ice.

- Orchestral version of Imaginaerum by Nightwish, played by London Collage of Music. Or Taikatalvi(Wintermagic)/Storytime/Song of myself-mixture.

I think these these songs are so dignified and majestic that they would be suitable for OG too.

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. Thank you for all your opinions and thoughts.

He surely chooses a warhorse only if he really likes it and feels the piece suits well for his skating style. So I guess it would to be fine with a warhorse too. But if he chooses something different, these came to my mind:

For SP japanese music or a strong classic aria like Una furtiva lagrima by Donizetti or maybe Ombra mai fu (Largo) by Händel. Mainly orchestral versions with some singing in the end of the program.

For FS a modern song:

- Alive by Sia ( or Unstoppable, Never give up...) Sia is as strong in music as Yuzu is on ice.

- Orchestral version of Imaginaerum by Nightwish, played by London Collage of Music. Or Taikatalvi(Wintermagic)/Storytime/Song of myself-mixture.

I think these these songs are so dignified and majestic that they would be suitable for OG too.

Ooh, YES! I watched a MAD where they used unstoppable and timed it well and the music really went well with him

For FS a modern song:

Hi and welcome!!!

I like Nightwish too. There are several songs which have that "dramatic flare" which suits FS, I think, and there are also some instrumental covers of Sia's songs (e.g. with cello and piano) that are just :love:

Too bad in Olympic season the trend is to go for warhorses... Then again, if that is what Yuzu needs to please the judges... :rant: :acceptable:

I believe he will own every music he'll choose, he is simply that good :bow:

dreamelena said:
AppleEmperor said:

Carmen as a piece is fine for me.. but for a skating music. Ehh.. probably not. I just think it's overused. I can't think of a war horse I really like tbh but again I'm not really knowledgeable on warhorses, plus I haven't followed skating for that much longer.

I'm honestly scared he'll use Carmen, because, you know, 2002 OG, Plushenko, this type of stuff... (I pray Javi's reused EX at WTT will keep him away tho...)

I'm still in the R&J v.3 bandwagon as far as warhorses gp, the only question is, which RJ? Tchaikovsky? Prokofiev? Judges love Russian composers after all...or maybe that French musical from early 2000s? It got a renewed version in Japan back in 2016...?

I'm still in the R&J v.3 bandwagon as far as warhorses gp, the only question is, which RJ? Tchaikovsky? Prokofiev? Judges love Russian composers after all...or maybe that French musical from early 2000s? It got a renewed version in Japan back in 2016...?

There is also another musical version in 2007, "Giulietta e Romeo" from the same authors of Notre Dame de Paris :smile:

Personally I prefer it to the French RJ musical. I watched it live, some songs still make me teary when I listen to them. Sadly this musical wasn't a big hit as NotreDame, so it isn't known at all. :sad: I don't think it has ever been translated into other languages.

Here are some of my favorite pieces (all in italian, sorry):

the intro sung by Mercutio, who plays the narrator

the epic fight

me and my sister used to duet on this one, we played Benvolio/Tybalt,it was so fun!

this one is very romantic (again, sung by Mercutio)

it is about love at first sight and how after that sight and thought aren't enough and you need to hear the voice, and touch...

more fights and drama! (Mercutio dies :cry:)

very lyrical song from banished Romeo

more drama!!! Heartache! Romeo dies

(usually I played Romeo and my sister Juliet, don't ask me why... she always kind of bullied me, being the older one :smile: )

No dagger scene in this musical, Juliet dies from heartbreak :lol:

It would be a nice change :lol: :lol: :lol:

For FS a modern song:

YES! Unstoppable! You're sooo right, it would suit him :D

I also have this idea for "Love runs Out" by One Republic for his EX ^ - ^

Brian's words (considering he was talking about LP) about Javi and Yuzu keep their favorite music for Olymics are giving me some hope. Swan Lake or Carmen couldn't be his favorite...isn't it? If it's gonna be his choice I'm expecting something more than that.

Eventually if it help him win surely I'll be ok even with two more R&J in both programs...

For FS a modern song:

Hello!

It's my favorite from Nightwish: