Music talk

12 minutes ago, surimi said:

Oh, I don't know, Firebird sounds nicely fierce to me in places. A thousand people... ;) But something even fiercer would also be a treat. I'm not sure he'd go for soundtracks like 'Gladiator' though - I think I vaguely recall he said at one point he knew he can't pretend to be a samurai-like warrior? Or something along those lines?

Anyway, I've changed my theme to Seimei to minimize any disappointment I might feel if he brings it back. But as the program was gorgeous, I think my only negative feeling would be worry about its reception by the judges.

Seimei is so perfect for him that I was almost annoyed he didn't save and debut it for the Olympics. It has championship material written all over it and if I weren't worried about judging, I'd go for it too  :sadPooh: 

I think Yuzu is definitely more of a 'spellcaster' warrior so yeah, I can't see him embodying a 'traditional' war-and-swords-and-machismo type persona

Not sure where to put this- move or delete as you see fit

Its festival time in the U.K. and as no one has the money to actually go this year the family have  Glastonbury  and Download on TV.

I watched Evita.

I would love Javier Fernandez to step outside his comfort zone and do a Che themed evita programme.

So about the Man in the Iron Mask. Before Yagudin, there was also Takeshi Honda! I kind of realize how much I loved his skating then, he was the first Japanese male skater that impressed me (and I kind of like him more than Takahashi). In some ways Yuzuru's skating and his are more similar than Yuzu and Takahashi. Powerful and lightness and an effortless gliding technique that picks up speed from nowhere. And then there's that quad toe from Takeshi here, so pretty and quick!

What about Einaudi's "Primavera", that famous The İntouchables OST. 

It captures all the "Olympic warhorse" points, definitely will be loved by everyone and would be great for Yuzuru. It's a long shot though.

Unknowning is killing :confused:

hace 24 minutos , Murieleirum said:

I know we already have a classical SP, but... for 2018-2019 season, I would suggest Yuzu Liszt's Consolation as a beautiful choice! 

I agree, piano pieces suit him so well. Some Mozart's piano concerto would be a good choice or Fantasy in D minor No 3.

On 2017-6-26 at 20:58, Smultron said:

I've been watching a lot of Papadakis/Cizeron lately and discovered some amazing pieces by Abel Korzeniowski thanks to one of their SPs, now I'm very much obsessed with the idea of Yuzu skating to some of them, one can dream, right :tumblr_inline_mg16f5AQHM1qdlkyg:  

Oh god, when will we get to know :67512148: :13877886:

They skated also to the second part of Mozart's piano concerto No 23. It is their best FD and one of the most beautiful FD I have seen ever. And I think Yuzu is one of a very few figure skaters that can do this music justice. 

But as long as he stays for 2018-2018 season, I will acccept any music.

5 hours ago, sublimeskating said:

i honestly think yuzu will keep skating competitively even after 2018 olympics because he's at his prime and he's physically and mentally stronger than ever

the way yuzu's been training with his team, and from the feelings i'm getting when i hear brian's interviews, i honestly think he's gonna stay competing for a few more years because he's probably changed his mind about r***ng after pyeongchang.  brian always emphasizes that he wants his skaters to stay healthy and keep skating competitively even when they're like 26, and yuzu's been taking much more care with his health and from his interviews, etc., i feel like there are so many things that yuzu still wants to achieve and challenge in skating, i just don't think he'll r**** so soon after pyeongchang...

but of course this could just be wishful thinking on my part but i seriously believe that yuzu will keep competing for at least a few more years...

I completely agree, and don't think it's wishful thinking at all! Something I've thought about too is: Yuzuru's skating comrade in Toronto is Javier. Javi's been at his prime, we could say, in the last three years or so? And he's 26. And he will seriously compete for gold next year, at 27. So, really, Yuzuru has an example right before his eyes of how you can be at the top of your game even if all the newspapers in the world call you an 'old' skater because they want fresh blood. 

19 hours ago, sublimeskating said:

i honestly think yuzu will keep skating competitively even after 2018 olympics because he's at his prime and he's physically and mentally stronger than ever

the way yuzu's been training with his team, and from the feelings i'm getting when i hear brian's interviews, i honestly think he's gonna stay competing for a few more years because he's probably changed his mind about r***ng after pyeongchang.  brian always emphasizes that he wants his skaters to stay healthy and keep skating competitively even when they're like 26, and yuzu's been taking much more care with his health and from his interviews, etc., i feel like there are so many things that yuzu still wants to achieve and challenge in skating, i just don't think he'll r**** so soon after pyeongchang...

but of course this could just be wishful thinking on my part but i seriously believe that yuzu will keep competing for at least a few more years...

From your keyboard to the skating deity's ears... :fingerscrossed:

On 26.06.2017 at 7:29 AM, Xen said:

So about the Man in the Iron Mask. Before Yagudin, there was also Takeshi Honda! I kind of realize how much I loved his skating then, he was the first Japanese male skater that impressed me (and I kind of like him more than Takahashi). In some ways Yuzuru's skating and his are more similar than Yuzu and Takahashi. Powerful and lightness and an effortless gliding technique that picks up speed from nowhere. And then there's that quad toe from Takeshi here, so pretty and quick!

I lol at all the similarities...but also at the fact that it's not quad which is a first jumping pass (reserved for the hardest jumps, right?) But axel xD. That being said, if we cut out the costume and long prep time the engagement in skating is similar to what Yuzu do... I think?

On 01/07/2017 at 5:51 AM, Aotoshiro said:

I lol at all the similarities...but also at the fact that it's not quad which is a first jumping pass (reserved for the hardest jumps, right?) But axel xD. That being said, if we cut out the costume and long prep time the engagement in skating is similar to what Yuzu do... I think?

:offtopic:

Fun fact: Takeshi Honda trained in Sendai and was the first male skater from Japan to medal at the World Championships (2002) since Minoru Sano (1977). Minoru Sano used to coach Shizuka Arakawa.... There's really something special in Sendai it seems.. :dancingpooh:

On 29.6.2017 at 5:13 PM, sublimeskating said:

if i have to take a guess i'm guessing yoshitsune - it's a fierce legendary character like seimei was so just maybe...

I tried to find Yoshitsune music in Youtube and found Moon Saga Mysteries of Yoshitsune ST by Gackt. Beautiful music indeed. Do you mean this or something else?

On 28.6.2017 at 11:28 AM, Floria said:

They skated also to the second part of Mozart's piano concerto No 23. It is their best FD and one of the most beautiful FD I have seen ever. And I think Yuzu is one of a very few figure skaters that can do this music justice. 

Sorry for late reply. This piece is also my dream for Yuzu. I suggested it here earlier and feel he would like the piece and make a wonderful Chopin like program with it. P/C is my favorite ice dance couple. They are so special. I like their Mozart program very very much but I prefer even more their FD from season 2015-16. For me that choreo by Marie-France is the best ice dance choreo of all times and their performance was so stunning, I have watched their performance many many times. That program surely is in my "figure skating heaven."

On 30/6/2017 at 21:51, Aotoshiro said:

Now, after seeing the video I can totally picture Yuzu skating to this music. And being both characters, I mean the Sun King  and his twin brother, if we take into account the story behind the music.