Team Japan

13 minutes ago, katonice said:

Not sure if Yuzu will be able to benefit from this directly, but it's a good plan by JSF.

LOL I just posted this on the General thread with the same thought. Should have probably checked the Team Japan thread first, since it really only applies to them. 

I'm glad JSF is thinking about their athletes for this Olympic cycle. I think Yuzu's the only currently competing JPN figure skater that went to Sochi so of course he's learned a lot from his experience. Side Note: Why is an American broadcast network like NBC able to dictate the athlete's schedule to coincide with their broadcast in the USA despite the schedule being detrimental to an athlete's performance?

7 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

I'm glad JSF is thinking about their athletes for this Olympic cycle. I think Yuzu's the only currently competing JPN figure skater that went to Sochi so of course he's learned a lot from his experience. Side Note: Why is an American broadcast network like NBC able to dictate the athlete's schedule to coincide with their broadcast in the USA despite the schedule being detrimental to an athlete's performance?

Moneys. 

8 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

My question too. Boo...

19 hours ago, katonice said:

Is this true? A Japanese news site is reporting that Satton is suffering from a foot strain??

Is it time to bring out the special talismans and prayer books for Satoko?...

Satoko wrote a column on her rehab and current situation on today’s Asahi.

Rough summary:

Spoiler

In April, she spent a month in Japan Institute of Sports Science for rehabilitation and spent time with other athletes who were also injured. Some of them were more severely injured than she was, but taking the situation positively thinking that tackling rehabilitation with other athletes would motivate them. Getting to know such athletes was not only a huge encouragement for her, but also a fun because they were all funny and friendly. She learned to take it easy sometimes and not to put too much pressure on herself.

Since she took a long time off from skating, she still needs some time to rebuild the muscles she needs to skate. If she works too hard all the muscles in her feet including the hip joint get stiff. However, it doesn’t make her feel hopeless because she knows how it happens. Now she is trying to get back in shape according to her plan.

She has been tackling with figure skating wholeheartedly, without giving up, and wants to show the fruits of her efforts this season. She tells herself that she has no time to be depressed because she is definitely going to reach her goal—the Olympics.

13 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Satoko wrote a column on her rehab and current situation on today’s Asahi.

Rough summary:

Hide contents

In April, she spent a month in Japan Institute of Sports Science for rehabilitation and spent time with other athletes who were also injured. Some of them were more severely injured than she was, but taking the situation positively thinking that tackling rehabilitation with other athletes would motivate them. Getting to know such athletes was not only a huge encouragement for her, but also a fun because they were all funny and friendly. She learned to take it easy sometimes and not to put too much pressure on herself.

Since she took a long time off from skating, she still needs some time to rebuild the muscles she needs to skate. If she works too hard all the muscles in her feet including the hip joint get stiff. However, it doesn’t make her feel hopeless because she knows how it happens. Now she is trying to get back in shape according to her plan.

She has been tackling with figure skating wholeheartedly, without giving up, and wants to show the fruits of her efforts this season. She tells herself that she has no time to be depressed because she is definitely going to reach her goal—the Olympics.

Another example of quiet strength from the tiny queen.