Team Japan

While it is a bit of a close call - so near major competition dates, I honestly think it's a good decision as I feel Marin's not ready for a tango program yet. There is also Mai who is also skating to tango and whether we like it or not, comparisons will be made especially with jpn ladies only having 2 spots. If she found a piece of music that she feels she can relate to and perform better with then I'm all for it. /crossing fingers hoping for the best/

I open Twitter and the first thing I read is Marin has also decided to change her program music.

Wth program changes lol!

Maybe her team heard all the feedback re: her tango, and she probably didn't feel too comfortable with it either.

But Marin being the one with back-to-back GP assignments, this is another layer of difficulty she will have to deal with.

Was it the tango that she said was the piece of music she was waiting till this season to skate to? Or was it Turandot?

I wonder what the new piece is she would like to use.

3 hours ago, xeyra said:

More info on Marin's SP change. 

OHHHH juicy, I'm glad there was a solid reason for her sudden change. I'm excited to see what the piece is - it must be drastic for her to have committed to the change and I do respect her for diving for it - to the point of having to skate to a different SP - at this late stage, instead of settling for something.

Also, the little feature on Mai is lovely and inspiring to see her dealing w/ juvenile arthritis while competing as an elite athlete - she looks adorable in her school uniform ; u ;