Team Japan

8 hours ago, Xen said:

The issue I have with the tango/latin equals maturity, is the idea of sexy/sensual equals mature. Really, very few senior ladies can pull off tangos, or sexy if the plethora of bad Carmens is any indication. And everyone has a different style that can be polished to maturity. 

Having so many underage girls pushed towards acting and looking “sexy” is really uncomfortable to be honest.

There’s many different (better) ways to display a level of maturity (if the girls in question have it) but alas... :dry:

omgg shoma is 20.......but he's still a little baby :13877886:

I love the hakama photoshoot tradition (Yuzu in his dark blue hakama is one of my all time favourite photos of him). Have they done a feature like this for the popular female skaters when they come of age? (like Mao?) I suppose they'd only do a feature on the most popular/successful skaters but...

(not gonna lie, I might've picked a different colour for him though - like a dark burgundy or something)

I agree- that olive green does nothing for anyone apart from a redhead- it's like Kaoris Amelie costume- blue, jade green, old rose, but not olive.  For Shoma maybe silver grey like his SP costume, or even brown. 

4 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I agree- that olive green does nothing for anyone apart from a redhead- it's like Kaoris Amelie costume- blue, jade green, old rose, but not olive.  For Shoma maybe silver grey like his SP costume, or even brown. 

Generally I think darker colours or a very light colour would work better for Shoma since he's quite tanned, the olive green is a bit too close to his skin tone and kind of washes him out. A deep rich brown would have been lovely.  

(don't remind me about Kaori's Amelie costume......the girl deserves so much better)

25 minutes ago, kaerb said:

omgg shoma is 20.......but he's still a little baby :13877886:

I love the hakama photoshoot tradition (Yuzu in his dark blue hakama is one of my all time favourite photos of him). Have they done a feature like this for the popular female skaters when they come of age? (like Mao?) I suppose they'd only do a feature on the most popular/successful skaters but...

(not gonna lie, I might've picked a different colour for him though - like a dark burgundy or something)

While I love that photoshoot it's a bit bittersweet to me because I think a lot about how Yuzu wasn't actually able to attend/celebrate the coming of age ceremony because he was in hospital and in pain :tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380: